Hacking Got a new 3in1 but it does not work?

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just received a EZ Flash 3 in 1 I ordered from DX however nothing recognizes it.

I tried AKIO and gba exp loader however both say that I need to insert a slot 2 expansion (even though the 3in1 is already in the ds lite).

Do I have a defective 3in1?

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you so much.

dragon493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be that you have to blow out the the dust in your nds gba slot or EZ 3-in-1 expansion. It could also be that it's not inserted fully or properly in your nds. Or else i really don't know because i also ordered one from DX and i have yet to try to use it

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Tweak the settings under 3-in-1 in AKAIO/AK2 firmware. It's a known bug, the 3-in-1 must be fully erased for it to load a GBA rom.

Specific setting: NOR mode must be always.

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taza said:
Tweak the settings under 3-in-1 in AKAIO/AK2 firmware. It's a known bug, the 3-in-1 must be fully erased for it to load a GBA rom.

Specific setting: NOR mode must be always.

When I try to enter the 3in1 settings in AKAIO it says that 3in1 is not found.

Also I blew both the slot and the cartridge and the same thing happened as before.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think he has probably received the new 3in1 model. As far as i know only rudolph has updated his homebrew to be compatible the new amount of NOR (512mb).
Darabo, please give a try to GBAexploader 0.58b to see if your 3IN1 is seen.
wink.gif

darabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccosmos said:
I think he has probably received the new 3in1 model. As far as i know only rudolph has updated his homebrew to be compatible the new amount of NOR (512mb).
Darabo, please give a try to GBAexploader 0.58b to see if your 3IN1 is seen.
wink.gif

It works, thank you so much!

I was very close to requesting a replacement.

Do you or anyone else know if AKAIO will support this new model?

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction one suggestion worked http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128539

I got the same issue, except all suggestions from multiple sources have completely and utterly failed, it always says something to the effect that my device is not detected.

I have tried exploader .57, .58b, gbldr, and I have even manually patched it with the correct dldi from my system folder, and nopatched it so that m3 real would not attempt to patch it automatically. I also tried DSTT and all these methods in all possible combinations have failed. I have spent so much time with this I really do not want a replacement, I am going to go with a card made by someone else. I assume mine is just a dud, regardless of the chip change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night