lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Google buys video-sharing website YouTube for $1.65bn in shares after reports that a deal was due.
to bad for microsoft lose of cost xbox 360 in japan over $1.1bn could bought youtube....
bbc news

N Korea 'nuclear test' condemned
The UN Security Council attacks North Korea's 'nuclear test' and debates next steps amid calls for rapid action.
we doom!- nuclear war near you!...
bbc news

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who evers idea it was to release the xbox 360 in Japan in the world wide release should be sacked. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it would fail. If microsoft used reverse psychology and said it wasn't selling the 360 in Japan they probably would have sold like hot cakes when the Japanese ordered from other countries.

Ebay have bought youtube as it is competition to google video. Youtube has been bought for a good price considering its only a few months old and I bet it only cost a few thousand to set up. As for the N Korea nuclear test it makes you wonder how they managed to get hold of the plutonium to do it.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
rofl2.gif

I read this like a week ago on Speedguide.net:

QUOTE said:
Mark Cuban: Only a 'moron' would buy YouTube
09.28.2006 22:39 by downhill

C/Net

Billionaire investor and dot-com veteran Mark Cuban had harsh words Thursday for YouTube, the online site that lets people share video clips, saying only a "moron" would purchase the wildly popular start-up.

"They are just breaking the law," Cuban told a group of advertisers in New York. "The only reason it hasn't been sued yet is because there is nobody with big money to sue."

Read more -here-

So, I wonder what´s the real deal with this.
unsure.gif

EDIT: The link doesn´t work for some reason, here´s another one: HERE

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Google better not amalgamate Youtube into Google video. Hopfully they'll leave things the way they are or even make some improvements.

Someone was going to buy them eventually, I guess Google is one of the better candidates.

nixpins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Google buys video-sharing website YouTube for $1.65bn in shares after reports that a deal was due.
to bad for microsoft lose of cost xbox 360 in japan over $1.1bn could bought youtube....Â
bbc news

N Korea 'nuclear test' condemned
The UN Security Council attacks North Korea's 'nuclear test' and debates next steps amid calls for rapid action.
bbc news
Perhaps these two events are related...somehow?
tongue.gif

And yeah, to expand on what has been said in many different places, somebody would have eventually bought YouTube. Google was just ensuring that it wasn't any of its competitors to do so.

dimsum411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youtube is an extremely inefficient site, so here's to Google. Hope they can make it better. Bet those 3 guys who started youtube in san mateo are sitting happy. 2 years in and they rake in 1.6 billion, wow. easy. money.

QUOTE said:
A profitless Web site started by three 20-somethings after a late-night dinner party is sold for more than a billion dollars, instantly turning dozens of its employees into paper millionaires.

more links:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/10/technolo...ml?ref=business
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/con...index_top+story

QUOTE(lookout @ Oct 9 2006, 04:14 PM)to bad for microsoft lose of cost xbox 360 in japan over $1.1bn could bought youtube....Â

lol, what? yay for coherency
grog.gif

TmP_stryk

Still I Rise™
Trophies
Website
www.still-i-rise.com
XP
Country
United States
ms = usa , sony = japan - the 360 will never sell in asian markets as it should. just the way it will always be. But, ms doesnt need the asian markets to own sony, all that matters is the nexgen console war on U.S. soil, I think sony really has their work cut out for them this time.

Heinrisch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first read the topic I read that google bought youtube AND korean nuclear.
tongue.gif

I think it is interesting how google grows/ They'll own the world some day
wink.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Google better not amalgamate Youtube into Google video. Hopfully they'll leave things the way they are or even make some improvements.

Someone was going to buy them eventually, I guess Google is one of the better candidates.
Google isn't stupid, they'll migrate Google video into the You Tube brand and functionality, not the other way round. Else they wouldn't have had to buy it. I'm pretty glad Google is the one who got it, imagine Microsoft or Rupert Murdoch or some other idiot messing with it...
unsure.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
ms = usa , sony = japan - the 360 will never sell in asian markets as it should. just the way it will always be. But, ms doesnt need the asian markets to own sony, all that matters is the nexgen console war on U.S. soil, I think sony really has their work cut out for them this time.

unsure.gif
what?
wtf.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

unsure.gif
what?
wtf.gif

I think stryk said that all microsoft needs to do to win the console war (or stay in the lead?) is to focus JUST on the U.S.

I think...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qsAC1PwgOw4?si=Sg3MyfzX8oksgrho This song didn't help their reputation