Gaming good psp games?

CRXsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I will agree that the essentials list is fairly useless.

Second, all the racing games mentioned have a serious arcade bend to them, nothing wrong with that, but here a couple that are more on the actual racing side.

F1 06-Europe and Japan only but well worth the hunt or DL. In fact, this is one of the best F1 games I've played in a very long time (granted I've yet to play a PS3 or XB360 version.) Full season, career options etc. Career has you testing for teams until someone offers you a gig, usually and rightfully a bottom level team. Work your way up from there. This has the 3 session qualification which were new that year IIRC. Friday testing has you running one hot lap and then your garage boss adjusts a particular setting (downforce, tire compound, camber, toe etc.) He gives you two choices based on split times. Not satisfied? Run another lap with you new setting and he gives you two more choices. This goes on for the alotted time for Friday practice. Change as many settings as you wish until time runs out.
Settings vary from full arcade to full sim. I could go on and on about this one.

Colin McRae Rally--An almost perfect port of the console versions of the same year. Deep and rewarding.

TOCA 3--Tons of cars on track and a vast array of types of racing from sedans to IRL and everything in between. Real world tracks really sell this one for me. Let it be said that even with all assists off, there still seems to be some auto braking going on if you leave your braking too late. Still terrific fun.

SBK world superbikes--a great one for the two wheel crowd. Again, one of those were you can go full sim and spend hours trying to perfect your lines and lap times.

Arcade racer not previously mentioned:
Midnight Club LA remix--FAST as hell and a crap load of cars to collect. The types of races are repetitive but you'll never get tired of slipstreaming past a dude right before the finish. Controls on this one are perhaps some of the best in a PSP racer.

FPS--no idea don't play them

Hack and slash: Marvel Ultimate Alliance--Diablo with Marvel Super Heroes nuf said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma. +1