Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
obeanjoebean said:
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:
No "firmware version", any DS Lite will do.

Just run the "Acekard 2i DSi 1.4.1" update on the card in the Lite, and you won't have to do it again, you can return the DS Lite.

Just know if you update it it may need to be done again with the next update.

Redo again? You mean the DS Lite? No. You can just update using the dsi file, you only need to update it once with a ds lite.

Okay just make make things clear:
1. Go to store, buy DS Lite (any color
smile.gif
)
2. Download 12918-141up.rar,
3. unzip to folder, move ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds into a SD micro chip.
4. insert the SD micro chip into Acekard 2i and then insert the Acekard 2i into the DS lite.
5. boot up DS lite, boot up Acekard 2i chip, run the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file.
6. Follow the instructions on the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.ds file.
7. turn off DS lite.
8. Insert Acekard 2i into DSI, boot up DSI

Does that sound about right?

Actually I said it in the wrong way, I meant that after you did the update you can just use the dsi file on your dsi to update . use the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on the ds lite. It will ask you to swap carts, just push out cart and push it in again. Start the update on your DSL. and you can use it on your dsi.

So what your saying is that, before I can update it to use on the DSI I have to run ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds first on the DS lite?

Yup!
smile.gif
It will work on DS PHAT too, if you know people who have it. So.. look for ds phat or ds lite.
When you did that update. Your dsi will read that card from now on. AND you are able to use the dsi update files since your ds reads the acekard. Means no more need for older ds.

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:
No "firmware version", any DS Lite will do.

Just run the "Acekard 2i DSi 1.4.1" update on the card in the Lite, and you won't have to do it again, you can return the DS Lite.

Just know if you update it it may need to be done again with the next update.

Redo again? You mean the DS Lite? No. You can just update using the dsi file, you only need to update it once with a ds lite.

Okay just make make things clear:
1. Go to store, buy DS Lite (any color
smile.gif
)
2. Download 12918-141up.rar,
3. unzip to folder, move ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds into a SD micro chip.
4. insert the SD micro chip into Acekard 2i and then insert the Acekard 2i into the DS lite.
5. boot up DS lite, boot up Acekard 2i chip, run the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file.
6. Follow the instructions on the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.ds file.
7. turn off DS lite.
8. Insert Acekard 2i into DSI, boot up DSI

Does that sound about right?

Actually I said it in the wrong way, I meant that after you did the update you can just use the dsi file on your dsi to update . use the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on the ds lite. It will ask you to swap carts, just push out cart and push it in again. Start the update on your DSL. and you can use it on your dsi.

So what your saying is that, before I can update it to use on the DSI I have to run ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds first on the DS lite?

Yup!
smile.gif
It will work on DS PHAT too, if you know people who have it. So.. look for ds phat or ds lite.
When you did that update. Your dsi will read that card from now on. AND you are able to use the dsi update files since your ds reads the acekard. Means no more need for older ds.

So the steps would go as followed?:
1.Buy DS Lite from store
2.upload both ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds and ak2ifw_update_141_DSI.nds to a micro SD
3.Boot up DS lite, First run ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds follow instructions
4.restart DS Lite then run ak2ifw_update_141_DSI.nds on DS lite??
5.Reformat DS Lite
6.Return DS lite to store.

So I will have to run both files in the RAR file right? Both ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds and ak2ifw_update_141_DSI.nds??

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
which icon do you see? AK2 icon, danny phantom, Alex storm rider?? If it shows danny phantom or ak2 icon, you have to update it. If it shows storm rider, use he paper trick.

I manage to update the firmware to show the Alex rider THQ icon. Is my upto date or do i still need to update to work with moonshell, cause i keep getting a error when trying to launch moonshell to play mp3s.
(Note: Whats this paper trick?).

SAM_2111.jpg

(anote note:: Is there a way to reformat the DS lite? When updating the acekard2I on ds lite , does the update leave anything in the DS Lite system? so when I go to return it will be in its pristine state package?)

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:
which icon do you see? AK2 icon, danny phantom, Alex storm rider?? If it shows danny phantom or ak2 icon, you have to update it. If it shows storm rider, use he paper trick.

I manage to update the firmware to show the Alex rider THQ icon. Is my upto date or do i still need to update to work with moonshell, cause i keep getting a error when trying to launch moonshell to play mp3s.

SAM_2111.jpg

(anote note:: Is there a way to reformat the DS lite? When updating the acekard2I on ds lite , does the update leave anything in the DS Lite system? so when I go to return it will be in its pristine state package?)

1. Yup storm rider is now the most up to date.
2. Papertrick is a trick for people who got contact issues, for example not showing the acekard icon in the ds menu.
3. No it writes directly to the acekard flashcart so it does not leave anything.

and btw, you only had to use the dsL update. not both. Anyway, good that uou got alex storm rider

obeanjoebean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
obeanjoebean said:
QUOTE said:

SAM_2111.jpg

1. Yup storm rider is now the most up to date.
2. Papertrick is a trick for people who got contact issues, for example not showing the acekard icon in the ds menu.
3. No it writes directly to the acekard flashcart so it does not leave anything.

and btw, you only had to use the dsL update. not both. Anyway, good that uou got alex storm rider

thank you for all the help
smile.gif

Digimartz.com sales legitment Acekard 2i cards, although during holidays their slow. but over all they sell.

Misera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any suggestions on where to buy where they don't only accept paypal and is still cheap? Maybe with google checkout or just regular credit card options? I was about to order on digimartz b/c they have a google checkout logo, but they actually only accept paypal (verified by talking to csr). I need to buy two of them :[

zelda123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

JAN 29 2011 AND STILL NO LIGHTTAKE PACKAGE! SINCE 11/2010

PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS............. PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS.......... PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS.......... THATS THIER RESPONCE,,

Austin!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my AceKard from a website called realdsi. I ordered it last saturday and they shipped it out on Monday and I got it on wednesday. It also came with a 2gb micro sd card. All that (including shipping) was $30

Misera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelda123456 said:
UPDATE:

JAN 29 2011 AND STILL NO LIGHTTAKE PACKAGE! SINCE 11/2010

PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS............. PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS.......... PLEASE WAIT 2 MORE WEEKS.......... THATS THIER RESPONCE,,

I'm kinda wondering about that too now.. I ordered mine last week and as of the 24th they were collecting products. Does it take over a week to collect products?..

Guan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just ordered 5 cards from 0shippingzone.com with tracked shipping and insurance, came to $73.30 (£45.41). Let see how long they take to deliver to the UK.
Found the memory card prices on all the recommended sites a bit high.
7dayshop.com do 8Gb MicroSD cards with free shipping from £7.79 each ($12.58) whereas 0shippingzone.com charge $12 for their 4Gb cards. I went for the faster class 4 8Gb Kingstons for £8.99
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.ph...erwords=MicroSD

Firefox have blacklisted 0shippingzone as an attack site which was worrying but still took the risk after the recommendations on this site. Fingers crossed.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Austin! said:
I got my AceKard from a website called realdsi. I ordered it last saturday and they shipped it out on Monday and I got it on wednesday. It also came with a 2gb micro sd card. All that (including shipping) was $30

That's pretty expensive. You're saying the shipping wasn't free?

DMPugh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who has ordered from lightake recently: has it arrived yet, and was it ready to use with the most recent firmware? I placed my order on January 13, and it apparently shipped from their warehouse on the 17th. I live in Toronto, Canada. Am I being too impatient, or should it have arrived by now?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DMPugh said:
Anyone who has ordered from lightake recently: has it arrived yet, and was it ready to use with the most recent firmware? I placed my order on January 13, and it apparently shipped from their warehouse on the 17th. I live in Toronto, Canada. Am I being too impatient, or should it have arrived by now?

They're celebrating the Chinese new year(year of the rabbit), so I think that is causing some of the delay.

Misera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
DMPugh said:

They're celebrating the Chinese new year(year of the rabbit), so I think that is causing some of the delay.

Their announcement says: The orders placed after Jan 25th(HongKong Time) may not be shipped before the holidays.

All orders after 28th(HongKong Time) will not be processed temporarily anymore until we get back again.

But his order was place and shipped way before Chinese New Year (Feb 3rd).. so that shouldn't be the reason. But besides that, I've never had anything arrive from China before 2 weeks. Lightake is also off for the holidays Feb 1-9 so contacting them probably won't help. Guess wait until the 10th and if you still don't have it, email them?

FascistTinker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I strongly suggest not ordering from Lightake.com if you live in North America. According to them, my order was shipped 24 days ago and it still has not arrived. USPS still says it hasn't even made it into the USA, and is still somewhere with "Singapore Post." At this point I'm not sure if it is ever going to arrive. Good thing Acekards are so inexpensive. I'm going to give them one more week and then I am going to contact PayPal about receiving a refund.

zelda123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FascistTinker said:
I strongly suggest not ordering from Lightake.com
I am going to contact PayPal about receiving a refund.

Good luck with paypal......

Again ive been waiting on my order from Lightake.com
3 Cards since Nov 2010, and still nothin,

Iam going to be doing a review on 0shippingzone.com, my order soppose to b here tomm, i was able to fully track it and it only took 13 days to the u.s....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong