Gaming Good games for 3 year old girls

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You people are clueless about what a 3 year old is actually capable of and they definitely aren't capable of playing Cooking Mama, Animal Crossing, Hamsterz and certainly not Smart Girl's Playhouse.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Drawn to Life? cons is that it has dialogs, but gameplay is cool.
maybe some retro mario gaming? or Super Princess Peach? just get them after intro and into just gameplay and let them be[e].

how about nintendogs? elektroplankton?

Germ5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
You people are clueless about what a 3 year old is actually capable of and they definitely aren't capable of playing Cooking Mama, Animal Crossing, Hamsterz and certainly not Smart Girl's Playhouse.

True some of these games are above them, but they (twins) have just been playing a few of the games in Smart Girl's Playhouse which they enjoyed.The colouring parts my not be perfect and they may make mistakes but they enjoy it and surely at three the is what matters.

My kids are not particularly advanced, count to twenty (French and English, I live in France), write there own name (takes up a whole page and is not very precise but is readable), recognise most letters, draw basic people and have very active imaginations.

Games are an addition to that which they do, not the only thing.

So I was just looking for games they may enjoy to pass they time on the long journey back to the UK.

Sorry I now sound like a proud and defensive father, not what I was planning.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I second test84's suggestion of Electroplankton. My three year old boy loves that one.
Also, some folks would obviously be surprised at what a three year old is capable of. Mine figured out how to knock out one of the bosses in Spiderman; Friend or Foe all by himself, and is quite respectable for his age in Geometry Wars.
As far as videogames being innappropriate for one that young, I disagree. They learn problem solving skills and hand-eye coordination among other things. Everything in moderation though, of course.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
3 year olds aren't capable of playing most of the mainstream games being mentioned here. They require too much reading comprehension and adept control of the d-pad. I'd recommend I Spy, Animal Genius, Smart Boys Gameroom, Smart Girls Playhouse. and Electroplankton. Most of these games just need the player to scribble around with the stylus.

Germ5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your help. I will keep trying and feedback on any that are any good.
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, my daughter just turned 4 last month. But seriously, everything that has been mentioned is far too complicated for her. She is a really smart girl and enjoys 2 PC games from Sesamestreet, she's really good at that. But Come on; Tetris DS, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mamma???? That's really far beyond her skills... maybe the drawing thing could work out (a bit) but then I'd rather have her drawing for real.

I would like it if there was a DS/GBA game that she would fully understand.

Hey! I do have a good one though: Elektroplankton!! I guess a three year old kid could master that.

EDIT: Oh I see it has been mentioned already...

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
But seriously, everything that has been mentioned is far too complicated for her. She is a really smart girl and enjoys 2 PC games from Sesamestreet, she's really good at that. But Come on; Tetris DS, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mamma????

My five year old isnt too bad at Cooking Mama. I find most of the licensed games (Disney, Nicktoons, Barbie) that are targeted to kids are either fairly difficult or boring for them. The games from Scolastic are pretty good though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably try about 75% of what comes down the pike, and I just happened to fool with the new Crayola game. It's got some very rudimentary stuff, which would probably be perfect for someone that age.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dam can't believe thers 3 pages on this topic in less than one day...

I have a 7 year old sister and I just got my r4 a few days ago and shes been literally BEGGING me to put Nintendogs on... So I did, just now.

I bet cooking mama would go great with her too.

EDIT: 1 question: how many MB's is cooking mama? Might download it for her. Already got Colors as a surprise for her. She loves any type of painting/coloring lol

NemesisHunter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Off the top of my head, cooking mama, trioncube seem to be not too hard, simple to grasp, and entertaining for the little ones. Avoid Bratz, please...lol.

I have no idea on how they would react to Nintendogs, although the interface may be a tad bit complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn