good game for noobs?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 994
  • Replies 11
D

Deleted User

OP
tl;dr- any good easy games for 3ds/switch, that dont require reading or fast reflexes?
so I know somebody that I want to get into gaming. I can give him my 3ds and switch and he has an old gaming pc. he's not a gamer, in fact he's very young. he has some problems with fast reflexes and things that require fast input. and I know that inst gonna change. also he doesnt read well and its not gonna change soon (not a baby but other reasons) and doesnt know english at all...
I gave him kirby robobot on 3ds and he enjoyed it, very easy, then when he got to mid- world 5 he gave up because he just died too often and just rage-quitted. now he's replaying older levels, but I wanna give him some better games he can actually finish.
ofc zelda and pkmn cant be used, too much reading is required and needs fast reflexes for zelda (when fighting monsters)
also - dont recommend me old games such as kirby for gba or other older stuff because he doesnt like bad graphics (pixel art is a style not everybody likes...)
EDIT - please, my heart will break if I am going to lose him to mobile stupid clickers... or angry birds or shit of that caliber
(when I will sort this out I will probably ask for pc games for my grandmother)

Last edited by ,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I'm not too familiar with ninty's line-up. The following might be on switch/3DS, but I'm not sure:

-puzzlequest: challenge of the warlords (the sequel isn't that good)
-triple town
-a good snowman is hard to build
-steamworld dig
-nova-111 (mostly turn-based. It has dialogue, but it's entirely optional)
-plants vs zombies
-world of goo
-hexus (it's a gem matching game combined with ancient Egyptian theme)

I'm aware that you might consider some of these games "mobile stupid clickers". I can guarantee that they're not. I'm also not sure why angry birds wouldn't be a good match. Is it something you don't think HE will like, or is it this just YOUR preference?

D

Deleted User

OP
Hmm...I'm not too familiar with ninty's line-up. The following might be on switch/3DS, but I'm not sure:

-puzzlequest: challenge of the warlords (the sequel isn't that good)
-triple town
-a good snowman is hard to build
-steamworld dig
-nova-111 (mostly turn-based. It has dialogue, but it's entirely optional)
-plants vs zombies
-world of goo
-hexus (it's a gem matching game combined with ancient Egyptian theme)

I'm aware that you might consider some of these games "mobile stupid clickers". I can guarantee that they're not. I'm also not sure why angry birds wouldn't be a good match. Is it something you don't think HE will like, or is it this just YOUR preference?
Thanks for recommendations. I will look into them later.
Why angry birsds isnt good? Well, i think that it isnt good if somebody plays a game a long time after they finished it in games where you can only replay past missions at this point. He got bored of this game after he played it for 2 years after he finished the original, rio, 2 and more. Now he didnt want to even play any game. In my opinion angry birds has almost no depth and isnt worth playing for more then a few hours...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for recommendations. I will look into them later.
Why angry birsds isnt good? Well, i think that it isnt good if somebody plays a game a long time after they finished it in games where you can only replay past missions at this point. He got bored of this game after he played it for 2 years after he finished the original, rio, 2 and more. Now he didnt want to even play any game. In my opinion angry birds has almost no depth and isnt worth playing for more then a few hours...
Erm...but isn't the problem there that he played the same game way too long? I'm not too familiar with it, but it indeed doesn't have the depth for playing it multiple years.

I perhaps should warn you that triple town might be the same sort of game. It doesn't have a clear end goal (it's a bit of city builder), and while it has some depth, it gotta say it's probably more addicting than it has depth.

D

Deleted User

OP
Erm...but isn't the problem there that he played the same game way too long? I'm not too familiar with it, but it indeed doesn't have the depth for playing it multiple years.

I perhaps should warn you that triple town might be the same sort of game. It doesn't have a clear end goal (it's a bit of city builder), and while it has some depth, it gotta say it's probably more addicting than it has depth.
requirements are- immidiet reward, some brain work but not too much... being non addicting isnt part of the requirements... this is some special case, you see, and addiction isnt a problem unless thats something without any depth to it, then it just hurts me, not him...

Last edited by ,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just noticed that Yoshi's wooly world (which i play on wiiu) is also on 3ds. This may be an excellent match here. The game is pretty much without text, looks pretty and has very nice idea on level design.
It's not that hard, and I'm even playing it on the'normal' mode. I can't but guess that the mellow more is like kirby: epic yarn in that you're pretty much invincible (especially if you start adding in power badges).

Also... How would a virtual board game like chess fare? It obviously isn't a noobish game, but there are some decent low AI games out there, and getting a feel on how to build up your units is pretty rewarding even at a very young age.

D

Deleted User

OP
I just noticed that Yoshi's wooly world (which i play on wiiu) is also on 3ds. This may be an excellent match here. The game is pretty much without text, looks pretty and has very nice idea on level design.
It's not that hard, and I'm even playing it on the'normal' mode. I can't but guess that the mellow more is like kirby: epic yarn in that you're pretty much invincible (especially if you start adding in power badges).

Also... How would a virtual board game like chess fare? It obviously isn't a noobish game, but there are some decent low AI games out there, and getting a feel on how to build up your units is pretty rewarding even at a very young age.
Will check yoshi
If im gonna sit with him to explain a game- he's gonna get bored and quit it... so I will check chess fare but I dont have high expectations

D

Deleted User

OP
X and y is the easiest Pokemon game though.its hard to think anyone could struggle with that game.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
X and y is the easiest Pokemon game though.its hard to think anyone could struggle with that game.
pokemon all im doing in the story is grinding up my pokemon and spaming the same strong moves over and over again.
It is easy when you know where to go, can read, dont require action 100% of the time, have some intuition of where to go, dont like to stay in one place for long and have some understanding of numbers

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
here's another suggestion: Floating point. It's a free to play game on steam that I discovered because the maker also made the great games gunpoint and morphblade. It's...I guess it's best to describe it as playing spiderman or Tarzan in a field of floating blocks. There's no way to really die, so even though it requires some reflexes, you can go at it your own way.

I also got a few "maybe's":

140 is an abstract platformer with literally no text whatsoever. It relies a lot on rhythm that gets gradually added as you progress. The jumping puzzles are fairly good but even though there aren't many actual enemies, it does require some reflexes.

Morphblade: this is a turn-based tactical game where you defeat enemies that come at you in waves. Each of the hexagonal grids has one of six powers. Even though it is technically a roguelike (the game is just to survive as many waves possible), I would suggest it...
...except that there is an upgrade mechanic. If you kill an enemy, both the former enemy's spot and yours gain experience. Once a spot levels up, you can add a second (enhancement) power to the first power. And with 6 powers and 6-1 enhancement powers, the advantages of what a spot can give you can become pretty complex. This is countered by a clear text on what each spot gives. But if you don't know even basic English, this may be pretty hard to figure out what would be the best move.

EDIT: damnit...of course: the worms franchise. Believe me: he'll be reading things like "holy handgrenade" fast enough. :P

EDIT 2: another one I'd like to suggest: contraption maker (the spiritual successor to The Incredible Machine series). In this puzzle game, you complete what's basically a series of Rube Goldberg machines (you know...a marble falling against a domino that falls on a cage that causes a rat to run in a mill that powers a conveyor belt...and so on). It's good and fun, and pretty hilarious at times. It doesn't require fast reflexes, and until far in the game, it's pretty relaxed. The only downside: you'll need to read the description of the goal in each level.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
D

Deleted User

OP
here's another suggestion: Floating point. It's a free to play game on steam that I discovered because the maker also made the great games gunpoint and morphblade. It's...I guess it's best to describe it as playing spiderman or Tarzan in a field of floating blocks. There's no way to really die, so even though it requires some reflexes, you can go at it your own way.

I also got a few "maybe's":

140 is an abstract platformer with literally no text whatsoever. It relies a lot on rhythm that gets gradually added as you progress. The jumping puzzles are fairly good but even though there aren't many actual enemies, it does require some reflexes.

Morphblade: this is a turn-based tactical game where you defeat enemies that come at you in waves. Each of the hexagonal grids has one of six powers. Even though it is technically a roguelike (the game is just to survive as many waves possible), I would suggest it...
...except that there is an upgrade mechanic. If you kill an enemy, both the former enemy's spot and yours gain experience. Once a spot levels up, you can add a second (enhancement) power to the first power. And with 6 powers and 6-1 enhancement powers, the advantages of what a spot can give you can become pretty complex. This is countered by a clear text on what each spot gives. But if you don't know even basic English, this may be pretty hard to figure out what would be the best move.

EDIT: damnit...of course: the worms franchise. Believe me: he'll be reading things like "holy handgrenade" fast enough. :P

EDIT 2: another one I'd like to suggest: contraption maker (the spiritual successor to The Incredible Machine series). In this puzzle game, you complete what's basically a series of Rube Goldberg machines (you know...a marble falling against a domino that falls on a cage that causes a rat to run in a mill that powers a conveyor belt...and so on). It's good and fun, and pretty hilarious at times. It doesn't require fast reflexes, and until far in the game, it's pretty relaxed. The only downside: you'll need to read the description of the goal in each level.
Can you please specify on which platform each of them is? And I dont really like the idea of steam games as i dont plan on giving him my pc in long term... are there good versions of them for mobile? I dont hate mobile, i hate most of the stuff that i played and google suggests me which is just time wasters. The thing I dont have is time... if a good game (like pvz) is on mobile- I dont really have anything against it... it never gave me a paywall or small ammount of content

Thatnks for the suggestions tho. I keep this thread and use it when needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz