RTS
Nicer menus
(editable cheat file?)
Firmware stored on sd card
Supports GBAExpleader
Uses M3DSS/R4 save files

cons-
No slowdown thing
Doesnt boot from the ds menu (i dont think)
(can cheat files be edited?)
(can the gba be given a frame?)

im completley torn between the two.. he cyclo has some nice features, but i dont think is as good as the supercard.. anything in bracketc, can someone confirm/deny?

tyvm

Aznhiga13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a heads up on the Cyclo. The new update makes it sooo much easier to use the EZ 3in1 slot 2 card, because it doesnt even need the GBA Exploader if im correct. Just drag and drop the GBA roms onto your card and start it up.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jademalo said:
and i wanna know. Supercard DS One or CycloDS

Cyclo:

pros-
slowdown speed thing
RTS
enhanced menu
Loads from actual DS Menu

cons-
(can you boot GBA games with a frame?)
some homebrew fails
doesnt use M3DSS/R4 Save files
flashed firmware
(uneditable cheat file?)
doesnt support GBAExploader

Supercard:

pros-
RTS
Nicer menus
(editable cheat file?)
Supports GBAExpleader
Uses M3DSS/R4 save files

cons-
No slowdown thing

im completley torn between the two.. he cyclo has some nice features, but i dont think is as good as the supercard.. anything in bracketc, can someone confirm/deny?

tyvm

Just a few heads up.

The Supercard DOES have Slow-mo, but it's actually part of a cheat file, so most people don't know about it.

And the Cyclo doesn't require GBAexplorer, since it already works with most of the Slot-2s.

There aren't any homebrew to my knowledge that doesn't work on either of the carts.

They both have Homebrew soft-rest, but the Cyclo's is superior, since the Cyclo team has updated it just recently.

There's review of the SCDS1 on my blog here, I can find the link if you request it, or you can read JPH's review, which has pictures, and most of the information you'll need.

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks!

thats exactly what i wanted to know
biggrin.gif

tyvm, im gonna hold a little while longer, can people give me reasons for one/the other

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The Cyclo does use the same save file format as the R4, I think. I transferred some save from an R4 to a M3 Real. Worked without converting. From the M3 Real I transferred to the Cyclo. Works without converting as well. And the Cyclo does support GBAexploader. As a matter of fact the Cyclo website still recommends using it, as the built-in GBA loader is still in the Beta state. Where are you getting this "information" from that says it doesn't?

bobslack

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heya,

I've been looking to unload some cards. I have the following ones for sale, email me at [email protected] if interested.

Acekard 2
iTouchDS
Supercard Lite
Supercard DS One
M3 Simply (springless)

I'm in need of cash to fund Moon Books next contest.

Brandon @ The Moon Books Project [url=http://moonbooks.net]http://moonbooks.net[/url]

Posts merged

Oh, I forgot to mention, out of those, IMO the best one is the SuperCard DS One.

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the readme hred that came with gbaexpleader >< i just noticed cyclo didnt have soft reset. so.. can they load GBA with a frame like M3DSS/R4?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jademalo said:
Supercard:

pros-
RTS
Nicer menus
(editable cheat file?)
Supports GBAExpleader
Uses M3DSS/R4 save files

cons-
No slowdown thing
The SCDS One has an editable cheat file. And as ojsinnerz said, has slowdown too.

It does start up automatically when you power on your DS (so no DS menu). And you can give a frame to GBA games using GBAExploader, if I remember correctly.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Jademalo said:
the readme hred that came with gbaexpleader >< i just noticed cyclo didnt have soft reset. so.. can they load GBA with a frame like M3DSS/R4?
Weird... Are you sure it's not talking about the old CycloDS slot-2 carts?

What do you mean by soft-reset, by the way? The CycloDS Evolution can soft-reset commercial games and homebrews. If you're talking about soft-resetting out of GBA games I don't think there are any carts that can do that.

Not sure about the frame. Never tried it myself.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chrono_Tata said:
Jademalo said:
Weird... Are you sure it's not talking about the old CycloDS slot-2 carts?

What do you mean by soft-reset, by the way? The CycloDS Evolution can soft-reset commercial games and homebrews. If you're talking about soft-resetting out of GBA games I don't think there are any carts that can do that.

Not sure about the frame. Never tried it myself.
The CycloDS slot-2 carts should have soft reset, as they are Slot-2 SuperCard clones. Still, they may suck big time and have an old firmware on them as the firmware is not updateable (iirc) so I can't confirm that.

About the soft-resetting... The CycloDS can soft-reset homebrew too, but with some homebrews has problems in doing that.
SCDS One has no problems with every homebrew available.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
raulpica said:
The CycloDS slot-2 carts should have soft reset, as they are Slot-2 SuperCard clones. Still, they may suck big time and have an old firmware on them as the firmware is not updateable (iirc) so I can't confirm that.

About the soft-resetting... The CycloDS can soft-reset homebrew too, but with some homebrews has problems in doing that.
Yeah, but I imagine Jademalo is considering buying the Slot-1 CycloDS Evolution, though, not the old Slot-2 ones.
tongue.gif

Jademalo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yup, slot 1. and what i mean is.. just read the redme you get with GBAExpLoader.. im leaning towards cyclo atm.. but i need another review =/

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chrono_Tata said:
raulpica said:

Yeah, but I imagine Jademalo is considering buying the Slot-1 CycloDS Evolution, though, not the old Slot-2 ones.
tongue.gif
Yeah, I know, I just said that to prove the fact that he couldn't have been referring to the Slot-2 ones
wink.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Jademalo said:
yup, slot 1. and what i mean is.. just read the redme you get with GBAExpLoader.. im leaning towards cyclo atm.. but i need another review =/
Ooh. I see now. I think what the readme file is saying is that you can't soft-reset out of GBAexploader with a Cyclo. This readme must be old cause I have the latest firmware and when I press the button combo it soft-resets GBAexploader back to the Cyclo Evo menu.

When you are actually running the GBA game though, like I said, I'm pretty sure you can't soft-reset due to hardware limitations on the DS part.

QUOTEYeah, I know, I just said that to prove the fact that he couldn't have been referring to the Slot-2 ones
wink.gif
Subtleties are often lost on me. ^^"

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
cons-
(can you boot GBA games with a frame?)
some homebrew fails
doesnt use M3DSS/R4 Save files yes it does
flashed firmware nope, doesn't need it
(uneditable cheat file?) it's perfectly editable, they even provide a nice editor program that updates from CodeJunkies automagically
doesnt support GBAExploader

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The scds-1 is the only one to have a 'real-time' cheat system and game-guide. It also supports all the other cheat sytems via the tripple OS boot-loader. Has multi-saver too.

If you want all the advanced features then scds-1 is the only cart for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==