Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Goldleaf

Goldleaf is a multipurpose homebrew tool for Nintendo Switch!

Goldleaf.1.jpg

Similar to the well-known 3DS homebrew FBI, Goldleaf serves as a file browser/manager/editor, title manager, user account manager... and more!

Let Goldleaf make your life easier while dealing with more or less technical Nintendo Switch stuff!

Last edited by XorTroll, , Reason: 0.6 README changes

jsherm101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to create this great package.

One thing I've noticed with testing is that the tool only works if there's no title already installed with the same name. If you have a title already identified by the switch (e.g. a title is corrupted and needs to be redownloaded) it will just hang when you start the USB install process with no clear instructions/errors. Anyone else trying should know that if it says "getting ready to start installation" but there's no activity on the switch, then you may need to first remove the title from your switch

Also - I'd recommend including debug/notes in the goldtree client when waiting for a switch connection reminding folks to install libusbk via zadiag in case they've missed those instructions so it's easier to troubleshoot if you're stuck somewhere.

lastly i noticed there's no kill/exit signal sent to the switch sitting in USB install mode if you close goldtree so you need to manually kill the app and go back

Last edited by jsherm101,
Reactions: hippy dave

Preem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XorTroll Loving it so far! Though I do have an issue with it crashing upon hitting (+) or (-) so either I have to hit the home button or Atmosphere shows an error screen which then informs me of options to restart the system.

Currently using Atmosphere. 8.2 (Kosmos Files) and on FW 6.2 via choidujournx. Previous firmware was original 2.3.

Anthonyg45157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome tool, First time I used it crashed then worked great after that. Not sure what caused the crash. I would like to see multiple NSPs supported (Im sure this is coming). Loving the GUI! A dark theme would be welcomed. Cheers keep up the great work

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@XorTroll Been hype, was waiting for an official release, I've been trying out some nightlies over the past couple of days. Seems I'm still having issues with USB installs though. I'm going to shorten the file name and see if that helps. It seems to have installed the goldleaf nsp no problem but larger NSP's it's not doing anything. Goldtree is stuck at:
  • "Goldleaf is ready for the installation. Preparing everything.
  • Goldleaf on my Switch seems to be get stuck on starting installation.
  • Tried via HB Menu NSP, Hombrew Menu via Album, and Goldleaf NSP
I'm using a USB-C to USB-C cable to connect to my PC, hopefully I'll be able to figure out something, if there's anything I can report to possibly improve the USB install process or if there's anything I'm doing on my end that needs to be done please let me know. Thanks again for the release, great way to send the year off and star something nice into the new year.

Edit: I shortened the name and installed under Atmosphere CFW and it went fine, then changed over to ReiNX CFW attempted there with a different larger file, slightly smaller file name than the one I was having a problem with and it also installed with no problem. Commenced to try a variety of different size NSP's and they all installed, only froze on me once and unfortunately I still get the occasional crash, but things are working pretty nicely.

Any plans to add network installs as well?

Last edited by MassiveRican,
Reactions: iriez

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I’m using exfat. If I use the nro of this and it crashes am I risking an SD corruption? Would using the nsp be less risky?

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Awesome tool, First time I used it crashed then worked great after that. Not sure what caused the crash. I would like to see multiple NSPs supported (Im sure this is coming). Loving the GUI! A dark theme would be welcomed. Cheers keep up the great work
I mean, theoretically is supported, when Goldtree finishes an installation it can be restarted again, but yes I'll improve that soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for this wonderful tool. Just tried the USB install, first time it crashed the switch and had to remove the partially installed game (blank box in dashboard). second time everything ok, worked just fine
USB is still a bit unstable and it can sometimes stop in the middle of the install as the README says, but retrying should work, it's not for an specific title or size.

Reactions: night_hawk

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Have been trying to get this to work for some time now. Using 4nxci to convert XCI files to NSP, trying different games, changing names, but does not work for some reason. Wont even let me install the Goldleaf.nsp without giving me error codes(screenshots).

Do i need some extra files on my asmosphere to run nsp files/games? I think i have a clean atmosphere.
Maybe i should try ReiNX?

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_071750.jpg
    IMG_20181231_071750.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20181231_073520.jpg
    IMG_20181231_073520.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 169

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Have been trying to get this to work for some time now. Using 4nxci to convert XCI files to NSP, trying different games, changing names, but does not work for some reason. Wont even let me install the Goldleaf.nsp without giving me error codes(screenshots).

Do i need some extra files on my asmosphere to run nsp files/games? I think i have a clean atmosphere.
Maybe i should try ReiNX?
Another guy had those errors having just atmosphere on his SD card, then switched to Kosmos and it works for him, so could be sigpatches

Reactions: Ninn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: