RELEASE Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Phenj

Phenj GBAtemp Fan

May 22, 2018
    Italy
    nvm

Last edited by Phenj, Nov 12, 2019
  2. as23xcv12

as23xcv12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    United States
    Works great

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    I'm sorry if this has been answered previously but how exactly do you use goldleaf to reset a game so you can play it on version 1.0? If you've updated it once at some point then the switch will force you to update before you can launch the game. If there's some quick written guide or a youtube guide that'll be very appreciated.

4. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    @zergslayer69
    From the main menu:
    Manage Console Contents->SD Card/NAND User (Depending on where it's installed)->Your Title->Base Title->Reset Launch Version

Garou likes this.
  5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, of all the different places I've asked you're the first to actually give me a real response.

I've tried this on an installed game (installed on SD card). Goldleaf (0.7.3) says it successfully reset but even after deleting the game and doing a fresh install, it's still telling me to download an update. Strange thing is when selecting the base game the version number says v0. Seems to act the same with my other games. Got any troubleshoot tips?

6. duckbill007

duckbill007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2011
    Russia
    I think you (or author of goldleaf) do not understand what nsPushLaunchVersion actually does. It forces to launch specific version (0 in case of goldleaf) even if patch with higher version installed. It does not make system to forget that newer patch is available.

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Right, which is what I'm trying to do. I'm ok if it bugs me to update but still allows me to start software. I'm trying to just be able to launch at version 1.0 again. Is Goldleaf capable of that? So far it's forcing me to update or I can't play even if I did that reset launch version instruction above.

8. duckbill007

Newcomer
    May 5, 2011
    Russia
    It forces title launch version to 0. BUT! It did not clean system save in which latest available update is specified. So, system launches version 0, checks its list for available versions, sees that there is more recent version and shows you nag.

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Yea that makes sense. Is there any way of removing the system save so it doesn't know that an update exists? Aside from formatting the whole device. Seems kind of silly to have a feature to let you reset the launch version but thats it.

10. duckbill007

Newcomer
    May 5, 2011
    Russia
    In old tinfoil github repo there was issue with detailed info about that system save.

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Sounds like bottom line, we can't do what I'm trying to do.

12. kitanii

kitanii Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    Getting really slow USB and Wifi transfer speeds.
    Using a USB-C to USB-C cable from my computer via Thunderbolt 3 or USB-A to USB-C from USB2 or USB3 ports gives me about 1MB/s transfer speed. Am I missing something? My MicroSDXC card is a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-1 so I should have a minimum of 10MB/s transfer rate. Cable is rated at 480Mbit/s (60MB/s)

SD card is formatted as FAT32. Running CFW on a emuMMC partition. Atmosphere 0.9.4 launched via hekate 5.0.2. Firmware is 9.0.1.

Same thing in both Goldleaf + Quark and Tinfoil + NUT.

13. I-am-Walter

I-am-Walter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2017
    United States
    Nevermind

Last edited by I-am-Walter, Dec 3, 2019 at 7:29 PM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted