RELEASE Goldleaf - A Nintendo Switch multipurpose homebrew tool

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by XorTroll, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Gatorman86

Gatorman86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    United States
    The card was used on my other switch and i always got 18-25 MB/s. I tested another card just to be safe which also was previously used on my other switch with the same speeds. I have removed and added the jailbreak to both cards several times in case i messed up a step, but can't figure it out.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I did try GoldLeaf 0.5, no difference.

2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    According to this Goldleaf will most likely never support NSZ files.
    Although I understand the motivations behind this, I'm dumping all my cartridges to NSPs and saving space by converting them to NSZs frees up some space so it would be cool, if you could overthink your decision, @XorTroll
    :)

Taorn likes this.
  3. XorTroll
    OP

XorTroll Tired of classic HOME menu

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Really doubt I'll change my opinion regarding NSZs

4. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    How did you come to the conclusion that NSZ is a piracy-friendly format while NSP is not? People have been sharing pirated NSP's and using your tool to install them since before its inception. And they'll continue to do it whether you support NSZ or not.

Last edited by stick267, Oct 15, 2019
  5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Fair enough. Was worth the try.
    Btw (sorry for off topic) are you still working on that nice home menu replacement you teased back then? :)

6. XorTroll
    OP

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    I definitely am ;)

https://twitter.com/XorTroll/status/1183125465650868224

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

In fact, it is the reason I'm not paying attention to other projects right now, would like to get this fully working ASAP

ZachyCatGames and lordelan like this.
  7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Those were the best words you could just write! Very nice! Still hyped.

8. XorTroll
    OP

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
  9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I would (sounds like a good thing for the weekend) but I don't have a dev environment up here to compile it so feel free to drop me a nro or zip (as PM if you don't want to confuse "endusers" here in the thread). :)

10. mendezagus

mendezagus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    So @XorTroll: since i updated to ver 0.7.3 i´m having troubles installing via usb. Namely, some NSP´s stop installing in the last 6 or 7 seaconds (screen completely freezes and i get an atmosphere error after hitting the home button). Of course i waited like 15 min one time to see if the installation finishes but i got nothing. Are you aware of this bug? or is it just me?

11. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Do you use the Quark.jar that was bundled with 0.7.3?
    Which CFW are you using? Which CFW version? Which sig patches?

12. DCMaxxx

DCMaxxx Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    France
    Might be a dumb question, but is there a tool similar to Quark but that doesn't use Java ?
    I've tried fluffy, but never got it to work.

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    AluminumFoil + (old text based) Tinfoil is working as well for me but may I ask what your problem with Java is?

14. mendezagus

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    Yes i install through the Qark bundled. I´m on 9.0.1 OFW with latest atmosphere running and hte sigpatches from this site added.

I sould say thay i experimented in 7 or 8 nsp and only two couple failed to install, the hing is: all of them installed perfectly on goldleaf 0.5

15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Well that's strange.
    I had those problems right before Goldleaf 0.7.3 was released on 9.0.1 but using 0.7.3 and both sigpatches actually helped:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

https://gbatemp.net/threads/kosmos-patches-es-fs.542455/

16. mendezagus

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
  17. jackkill

jackkill Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2004
    Macau
    Anyone figure out how to export directly to the usb/network share? Don't wanna archive big ones because of the fat 32 limitation and redownload all the time. Maybe a way to set the default path in the settings file? Cheers

18. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    When using Goldleaf to change my Switch profile pic, what dimensions should my pic be? Might change it later.

19. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    @XorTroll I'm trying to install an split NSP through USB from my PC, but for some reason it only recognizes the split NSP as a folder, even though I have already marked the archive bit to it, both through Windows and through Goldleaf itself using the Extra options.

Is there any way to make Goldleaf recognize the split NSP on my PC for installation through USB?

20. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I think split files is a Horzion OS feature so the host won't see it as a single file? Try either joining the NSP and then installing through usb or move the split nsp to the sd card and installing it directly on the switch.

AlexMCS likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted