Golden Sun

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by BORTZ, Dec 22, 2007.

Dec 22, 2007

Golden Sun by BORTZ at 6:11 PM (6,655 Views / 1 Likes) 53 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    i was wondering if any one out there had any info or speculations about golden sun three. (if it will ever exist even.)

EZ-Megaman likes this.

2. Mooney

Newcomer Mooney Advanced Member

United States
    I've seen numerous faked screen shots of Golden Sun 3 for DS and Wii, but I haven't heard any word of a real GS3.

I sure hope there is going to be one, tho... [​IMG] Golden Sun is my favorite game of all time.

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    lots of rumors but nothing official...
    The ending was pretty definite though so I don't expect a direct sequel, assuming there will actually be one.

4. DoS

Member DoS GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I really don't think the ending was definitive. There was a huge gap about Alex being a good buy or not, and the new game could be completely based on that.

Or not. If it's an alternative world with an alternative Golden Sun and alternative monsters to make you stronger, I would also be very happy.

5. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can't believe they haven't made a third already. Or at least announced one. This series is well loved by a lot, and has a big following. So I'm sure a third in the series would sell very well.

6. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    So owuld a remake of FF VII and VIII and IX but all I see are remakes of the old FF's

7. BannedEpisode

Newcomer BannedEpisode Member

United States
    It would be nice if they did decide to come out with another and I wouldnt be surprised either considering the general success of the first two.

So I guess thats a definite maybe?

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Didn't you notice that SE seems to be working their way up to VII?

9. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    Nope... They're going to take their sweet time and when its the turn of VII, they're going to start over on ninty's nextgen handheld.

At least, thats what I expect them to do...

10. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Camelot DID say they "wanted to make a new Golden Sun" but its not on their agenda ATM.

11. User200

Member User200 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fire emblem is a game i would be looking forward to if they ever would to make a remake

Unfortunately i was waiting for Contra 4 but that game blows in comparison to the original sad to say

12. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    golden sun 1 and 2 were ip's so camelot could just do away with them whether the general public cared not so...

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  13. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    ..Golden Sun is really one of the BEST games on GBA, and probably one of the best in gaming history..
    The crew that worked on it really pushed GBA graphic all the way..I don't even want to think what could they do with the Nintendo DS capabilities..
    If they make third part in the same spirit of the first two, with the 3D graphic (like the FFIII) I believe that it could easly be no.1 game for NDS..

Let's just hope for it..

14. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Golden Sun is still my favourite gameboy advance game (drilldozer coming a close second) The first one was great. The second one was good too, but nowhere near as good if you ask me. Cool summons though. I also liked the first game better because you get the better characters the whole game. Three of the main four are hot (Issac, Ivan, and Mia (I hate Garret's guts)) I'm a guy and I still think Ivan is hot. (seriously)

As for a sequel, I for one hope there is not another Golden Sun ever. You may be thinking "What the crazy heck?!" but I believe it's for the best. Too many great games have had so many sequels and spin offs that end up making them suck. Golden Sun is a series I desperately don't want that to happen to. It was great as it was, and I don't think it needs anything more. Though I'm very pleased that it got a 4koma manga. (which I happen to have! (I could post some of the scans I made before if people want.))

Golden Sun DS would stink because they would put unessesary, awkward touch screen features in it. The only other Golden Sun I want is Ivan or Mia as a playable character in Brawl. Even Issac would be okay. But if Garret or Felix gets a spot, I will be pissed off. Though Geno gets top priority. (From Mario RPG)

Golden Sun goes down as the best RPG I've ever played.

15. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    What's awesome is that they could have pushed it further. It has the most unoptimised code ever (according to the creator of GPSP)

16. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    [​IMG]

Ivan is the youngest GS char(14...)

17. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    While this isn't much of a difference, or any less wrong, it is a pet peeve of mine.

IVAN IS 15 DANG IT!!!!! EVERYONE GETS THIS WRONG!

Check the instruction booklet! Sheba is 14. Ivan is 15. The whole internet gets this wrong! Look here
    Ivan Wiki
    And it's the game artist's fault for making young characters look older than they are. Much like how anime make older characters look like elementary school kids.

18. herbanassault

Member herbanassault GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Golden Sun is most definitely my favorite game ever. Followed closely by, you guessed it, Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

I really hate when games get overdone and eventually crappy though. Leave well enough alone. If you need another fix, it's not a short experience, go back through both of them.

19. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    I remember, far before I had heard of flash carts, a mate of mine had the original Golden Sun, he was pretty far into it, I played it, and I liked it.
    When I got my DS, I downloaded it, and It was so boring. Perhaps I should give it a chance.

20. herbanassault

Member herbanassault GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Boring? I don't know, any more so than any RPG? I've never tolerated the every few steps battles in RPGs besides in Golden Sun, so maybe my perspective sucks.