Mooney

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.1emulation.com
XP
Country
United States
I've seen numerous faked screen shots of Golden Sun 3 for DS and Wii, but I haven't heard any word of a real GS3.

I sure hope there is going to be one, tho...
frown.gif
Golden Sun is my favorite game of all time.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
lots of rumors but nothing official...
The ending was pretty definite though so I don't expect a direct sequel, assuming there will actually be one.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I really don't think the ending was definitive. There was a huge gap about Alex being a good buy or not, and the new game could be completely based on that.

Or not. If it's an alternative world with an alternative Golden Sun and alternative monsters to make you stronger, I would also be very happy.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe they haven't made a third already. Or at least announced one. This series is well loved by a lot, and has a big following. So I'm sure a third in the series would sell very well.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe they haven't made a third already. Or at least announced one. This series is well loved by a lot, and has a big following. So I'm sure a third in the series would sell very well.

So owuld a remake of FF VII and VIII and IX but all I see are remakes of the old FF's

BannedEpisode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if they did decide to come out with another and I wouldnt be surprised either considering the general success of the first two.

So I guess thats a definite maybe?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

So owuld a remake of FF VII and VIII and IX but all I see are remakes of the old FF's

Didn't you notice that SE seems to be working their way up to VII?

Nope... They're going to take their sweet time and when its the turn of VII, they're going to start over on ninty's nextgen handheld.

At least, thats what I expect them to do...

User200

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fire emblem is a game i would be looking forward to if they ever would to make a remake

Unfortunately i was waiting for Contra 4 but that game blows in comparison to the original sad to say

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
..Golden Sun is really one of the BEST games on GBA, and probably one of the best in gaming history..
The crew that worked on it really pushed GBA graphic all the way..I don't even want to think what could they do with the Nintendo DS capabilities..
If they make third part in the same spirit of the first two, with the 3D graphic (like the FFIII) I believe that it could easly be no.1 game for NDS..

Let's just hope for it..

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Golden Sun is still my favourite gameboy advance game (drilldozer coming a close second) The first one was great. The second one was good too, but nowhere near as good if you ask me. Cool summons though. I also liked the first game better because you get the better characters the whole game. Three of the main four are hot (Issac, Ivan, and Mia (I hate Garret's guts)) I'm a guy and I still think Ivan is hot. (seriously)

As for a sequel, I for one hope there is not another Golden Sun ever. You may be thinking "What the crazy heck?!" but I believe it's for the best. Too many great games have had so many sequels and spin offs that end up making them suck. Golden Sun is a series I desperately don't want that to happen to. It was great as it was, and I don't think it needs anything more. Though I'm very pleased that it got a 4koma manga. (which I happen to have! (I could post some of the scans I made before if people want.))

Golden Sun DS would stink because they would put unessesary, awkward touch screen features in it. The only other Golden Sun I want is Ivan or Mia as a playable character in Brawl. Even Issac would be okay. But if Garret or Felix gets a spot, I will be pissed off. Though Geno gets top priority. (From Mario RPG)

Golden Sun goes down as the best RPG I've ever played.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
The crew that worked on it really pushed GBA graphic all the way..I don't even want to think what could they do with the Nintendo DS capabilities..

What's awesome is that they could have pushed it further. It has the most unoptimised code ever (according to the creator of GPSP)

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While this isn't much of a difference, or any less wrong, it is a pet peeve of mine.

IVAN IS 15 DANG IT!!!!! EVERYONE GETS THIS WRONG!

Check the instruction booklet! Sheba is 14. Ivan is 15. The whole internet gets this wrong! Look here
Ivan Wiki
And it's the game artist's fault for making young characters look older than they are. Much like how anime make older characters look like elementary school kids.

herbanassault

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golden Sun is most definitely my favorite game ever. Followed closely by, you guessed it, Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

I really hate when games get overdone and eventually crappy though. Leave well enough alone. If you need another fix, it's not a short experience, go back through both of them.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I remember, far before I had heard of flash carts, a mate of mine had the original Golden Sun, he was pretty far into it, I played it, and I liked it.
When I got my DS, I downloaded it, and It was so boring. Perhaps I should give it a chance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...