Golden Sun

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by BORTZ, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    I swear Golden Sun 1 & 2 are the best RPGs I've ever played. They're fun, long, have an engaging story, have lots of collectibles and leveling-up and have Zelda-like puzzles.
    It's like Zelda + RPG-style + awesome, original story = Golden Sun

And a Golden Sun 3 would be awesome. Even if they try and wreck the series, I'd still play it. Plus, GS2's ending left much to be desired and didn't really explain anything. They could easily do a post-apocalyptic or alchemy-filled Golden Sun as a follow on.
    Fingers crossed they decide to have a Golden Sun 3!

2. acoustic.digital

acoustic.digital GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2008
    AUS
    i never really liked the golden sun rpg's. I played through both of them, just for playing through's sake : p
    they weren't that special after all.
    and i hate the style.

3. minger

minger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2006
    Eh, I still haven't gotten around to playing Lost age...don't remember much of GS1 because I played it a really long time ago.

I would love to see a new Golden Sun though

4. Lupa UK

Lupa UK Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2007
    United States
    Oh I remember those days when I was playing through the Golden Sun games and me and my friends was so into the game that we were racing to the end.

I wish a new one would come out with 3D graphics! In fact I'd even play a remake of the first if it was in 3D and had extras like wifi.

5. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    As much as I like this game, It is highly overrated. I read posts that say it's the "best" RPG but there are much better RPGs than these games. Final Fantasy VII is my favorite and I'd say it's the best.

6. Thorisoka

Thorisoka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2004
    France
    As much as I like this game, It is highly overrated. I read posts that say it's the "best" RPG but there are much better RPGs than this game.

7. sQa5r

sQa5r GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2003
    Agreed!
    I played both, but cant really remember the story, would like to enjoy it again since this thread made me want too play them again.

I remember them both as great games, and cant see anything wrong in making a 3. one. Im sure the game staff would work hard on not letting old fans down... as well as new ones.
    Gif!

8. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    I have played a LOT of RPG (Western and Japanese ones) and it's NOT overrated. It's simply the best RPG out there.

9. Thorisoka

Thorisoka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2004
    France
    Yes, not overrated, indeed.

10. Eternal Myst

Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

May 2, 2008
    United States
    I have a bomb alallalallala
    Wrong,you should be shot.
    Obviously if you don't like goldensun....then you really wouldn't like any RPG's.

11. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Yes FFVII Is Overrated and FAR from the best
    To name a few of the best

[GBA]
    Summon Night
    Zoids Legacy

[GC]
    Baiten Kaitos
    Tales of symphonia
    Sky's of Arcadia

[PSX]
    FF8/9
    Star Ocean
    Lunar Legend

[PS2]
    Kingdom Heart's
    FFXII

[XBOX]
    Morrowind

[360/PS3]
    Oblivion

are all better than FFVII

VII Was only "great" because it was the first 3d FF game if say 8 or 9 were first and 7 came last the others would of been better

12. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Sep 12, 2003
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    I really liked both Golden Sun games on GBA, but I don't think a proper sequel or similar game can/will be made.

I mean, just look at what they did to Boktai. 1st game was unique and not very cliché at all as I recall it. Boktai 2 was nice for the 1st 15 mins I played it (never found the will to properly play it). Boktai on DS..... [​IMG] the protagonist is a smart assed, angry, emo, overconfident teenager with a lame hairstyle etc. That puts me off so much, and I fear that's exactly how it would go with GS3. Isaac and his pals were just cool guys as I remember them, but maybe I've changed in the meantime. I was 17 then, 23 now.

13. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    That's like saying every sequel is better than the original...

14. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    No what im saying is every game that first breaks a bond in that series is labeled "the best"

FF7 (First 3D FF game)
    LOZ:OoT (First 3D LOZ game)
    Mega Man Legend's (First 3D MM game)
    Final Fantasy Adventures (Started Sword of Mana/The Mana Series)

If you want more examples let me know

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted