Gaming Golden Sun

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I swear Golden Sun 1 & 2 are the best RPGs I've ever played. They're fun, long, have an engaging story, have lots of collectibles and leveling-up and have Zelda-like puzzles.
It's like Zelda + RPG-style + awesome, original story = Golden Sun

And a Golden Sun 3 would be awesome. Even if they try and wreck the series, I'd still play it. Plus, GS2's ending left much to be desired and didn't really explain anything. They could easily do a post-apocalyptic or alchemy-filled Golden Sun as a follow on.
Fingers crossed they decide to have a Golden Sun 3!

acoustic.digital

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i never really liked the golden sun rpg's. I played through both of them, just for playing through's sake : p
they weren't that special after all.
and i hate the style.

minger

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, I still haven't gotten around to playing Lost age...don't remember much of GS1 because I played it a really long time ago.

I would love to see a new Golden Sun though

Lupa UK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh I remember those days when I was playing through the Golden Sun games and me and my friends was so into the game that we were racing to the end.

I wish a new one would come out with 3D graphics! In fact I'd even play a remake of the first if it was in 3D and had extras like wifi.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like this game, It is highly overrated. I read posts that say it's the "best" RPG but there are much better RPGs than these games. Final Fantasy VII is my favorite and I'd say it's the best.

sQa5r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kpeezy said:
OKAY I decided to skip the rest of the thread since I started getting the feeling that spoilers were on the horizon. I half read one and then skipped. People.. use a spoiler tag
lecture.gif
. I just started playing this game. And it is a great game.
Agreed!
I played both, but cant really remember the story, would like to enjoy it again since this thread made me want too play them again.

I remember them both as great games, and cant see anything wrong in making a 3. one. Im sure the game staff would work hard on not letting old fans down... as well as new ones.
Gif!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thorisoka said:
awdofgum said:
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite and I'd say it's the best.

As much as I like this game, It is highly overrated. I read posts that say it's the "best" RPG but there are much better RPGs than this game.
I have played a LOT of RPG (Western and Japanese ones) and it's NOT overrated. It's simply the best RPG out there.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
I swear Golden Sun 1 & 2 are the best RPGs I've ever played. They're fun, long, have an engaging story, have lots of collectibles and leveling-up and have Zelda-like puzzles.
It's like Zelda + RPG-style + awesome, original story = Golden Sun

And a Golden Sun 3 would be awesome. Even if they try and wreck the series, I'd still play it. Plus, GS2's ending left much to be desired and didn't really explain anything. They could easily do a post-apocalyptic or alchemy-filled Golden Sun as a follow on.
Fingers crossed they decide to have a Golden Sun 3!
Wrong,you should be shot.
Obviously if you don't like goldensun....then you really wouldn't like any RPG's.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have played a LOT of RPG (Western and Japanese ones) and it's NOT overrated. It's simply the best RPG out there.

Yes FFVII Is Overrated and FAR from the best
To name a few of the best

[GBA]
Summon Night
Zoids Legacy

[GC]
Baiten Kaitos
Tales of symphonia
Sky's of Arcadia

[PSX]
FF8/9
Star Ocean
Lunar Legend

[PS2]
Kingdom Heart's
FFXII

[XBOX]
Morrowind

[360/PS3]
Oblivion

are all better than FFVII

VII Was only "great" because it was the first 3d FF game if say 8 or 9 were first and 7 came last the others would of been better

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really liked both Golden Sun games on GBA, but I don't think a proper sequel or similar game can/will be made.

I mean, just look at what they did to Boktai. 1st game was unique and not very cliché at all as I recall it. Boktai 2 was nice for the 1st 15 mins I played it (never found the will to properly play it). Boktai on DS.....
frown.gif
the protagonist is a smart assed, angry, emo, overconfident teenager with a lame hairstyle etc. That puts me off so much, and I fear that's exactly how it would go with GS3. Isaac and his pals were just cool guys as I remember them, but maybe I've changed in the meantime. I was 17 then, 23 now.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
VII Was only "great" because it was the first 3d FF game if say 8 or 9 were first and 7 came last the others would of been better

That's like saying every sequel is better than the original...

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No what im saying is every game that first breaks a bond in that series is labeled "the best"

FF7 (First 3D FF game)
LOZ:OoT (First 3D LOZ game)
Mega Man Legend's (First 3D MM game)
Final Fantasy Adventures (Started Sword of Mana/The Mana Series)

If you want more examples let me know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: