ROM Hack Golden sun DD acekard 2

nyny42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have an acekard 2, I dowloaded Akaio 1.8.1 and the game rom but still, it doesn't work. When I open my acekard, I just can't see the game.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
You may have downloaded a game that is in .nd5 format instead of .nds format. Check for that then return if that wasn't the problem.

I had to give a firm lesson to some people who wanted to keep doing that on one of the sites I frequent teaching them that it doesn't help, at all to do the .nd5 thing. It is far more effective to password protect your files, as well as mislabeling the RAR. Then they can't look at it even if they think the name is suspicious. Plus, people don't pay attention, or get confused, and then problems crop up with the .nd5 deal.

D

Deleted User

the .nd5 is for pirating reasons or copyright reasons (99% Of rom websites tell you that!) its just a .nds file renamed
it tells you when you
a. the website you download it from "Please rename the file to .nds"
b. Text file/readme in the .rar/.zip tells you to rename it
Here is an example from a readme
"The roms are named with some numbers instead of letters, by legally issues, just rename the rom with the name that you wish but the extensión .nd5 must be changed to .nds (number 5 for an s). or .d5i for .dsi (in case that the is an DSi rom)"

or it might be a bad rom
or even bad firmware, there are lots of them

nyny42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks lol that was the problem my rom wasn't in a .nds format... but now I end up with another problem because when I start the game I end up with a blackscreen
blink.gif
this blackscreen only appears with golden sun DD

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nyny42 said:
ok thanks lol that was the problem my rom wasn't in a .nds format... but now I end up with another problem because when I start the game I end up with a blackscreen
blink.gif
this blackscreen only appears with golden sun DD

Have your Acekard got Anti-Piracy Bypass

nyny42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the problem is the anti piracy because when I check in the system options of my acekard I don't see the anti piracy option anywhere so I can't change it

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
nyny42 said:
I think the problem is the anti piracy because when I check in the system options of my acekard I don't see the anti piracy option anywhere so I can't change it

You're using a fairly old version of AKAIO. The AAP feature was implemented after 1.8.1.

QUOTE(king_leo @ Jul 15 2011, 09:15 PM) the .nd5 is for pirating reasons or copyright reasons (99% Of rom websites tell you that!) its just a .nds file renamed
it tells you when you
a. the website you download it from "Please rename the file to .nds"
b. Text file/readme in the .rar/.zip tells you to rename it
Here is an example from a readme
"The roms are named with some numbers instead of letters, by legally issues, just rename the rom with the name that you wish but the extensión .nd5 must be changed to .nds (number 5 for an s). or .d5i for .dsi (in case that the is an DSi rom)"

or it might be a bad rom
or even bad firmware, there are lots of them

It doesn't help though. It doesn't change the fact that you are distributing a very specific file. It doesn't suddenly make the copyright null and void because you turned the file into a .nd5 instead of a .nds. It won't save your files, as anybody that combs for these types of sites isn't stupid. Any computer programs set up to comb for files likely search for those types of files. It is exponentially more helpful to falsely name the zip file and password protect the file. I've also seen places where they give no mention about needing to rename, which could easily throw those new to the scene for a loop (and there are tons of new people that enter it everyday, getting their first crappy R4 clone).

nyny42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok I got it I just uninstalled everything and I installed another version and tried some random things and blablabla but finally it works! But anyway thanks a lot everyone
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer