Golden sun DD acekard 2

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by nyny42, Jul 16, 2011.

Jul 16, 2011

Golden sun DD acekard 2 by nyny42 at 12:39 AM (1,275 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. nyny42
    OP

Newcomer nyny42 Newbie

Canada
    Hello I have an acekard 2, I dowloaded Akaio 1.8.1 and the game rom but still, it doesn't work. When I open my acekard, I just can't see the game.

2. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    You may have downloaded a game that is in .nd5 format instead of .nds format. Check for that then return if that wasn't the problem.

3. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I had to give a firm lesson to some people who wanted to keep doing that on one of the sites I frequent teaching them that it doesn't help, at all to do the .nd5 thing. It is far more effective to password protect your files, as well as mislabeling the RAR. Then they can't look at it even if they think the name is suspicious. Plus, people don't pay attention, or get confused, and then problems crop up with the .nd5 deal.

4. king_leo

Member king_leo Real Hero

Australia
    the .nd5 is for pirating reasons or copyright reasons (99% Of rom websites tell you that!) its just a .nds file renamed
    it tells you when you
    a. the website you download it from "Please rename the file to .nds"
    b. Text file/readme in the .rar/.zip tells you to rename it
    Here is an example from a readme
    "The roms are named with some numbers instead of letters, by legally issues, just rename the rom with the name that you wish but the extensión .nd5 must be changed to .nds (number 5 for an s). or .d5i for .dsi (in case that the is an DSi rom)"

or it might be a bad rom
    or even bad firmware, there are lots of them

5. nyny42
    OP

Newcomer nyny42 Newbie

Canada
    ok thanks lol that was the problem my rom wasn't in a .nds format... but now I end up with another problem because when I start the game I end up with a blackscreen [​IMG] this blackscreen only appears with golden sun DD

6. Cheren

Member Cheren Pokemon Gamer

Brazil
    Have your Acekard got Anti-Piracy Bypass

7. SignZ

Member SignZ Timelord

Germany
  8. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
  9. nyny42
    OP

Newcomer nyny42 Newbie

Canada
    I think the problem is the anti piracy because when I check in the system options of my acekard I don't see the anti piracy option anywhere so I can't change it

10. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    It doesn't help though. It doesn't change the fact that you are distributing a very specific file. It doesn't suddenly make the copyright null and void because you turned the file into a .nd5 instead of a .nds. It won't save your files, as anybody that combs for these types of sites isn't stupid. Any computer programs set up to comb for files likely search for those types of files. It is exponentially more helpful to falsely name the zip file and password protect the file. I've also seen places where they give no mention about needing to rename, which could easily throw those new to the scene for a loop (and there are tons of new people that enter it everyday, getting their first crappy R4 clone).

11. nyny42
    OP

Newcomer nyny42 Newbie

Canada
    But how can I upgrade the version? I already dowloaded Akaio 1.8.7 so I don't know what's wrong

12. nyny42
    OP

Newcomer nyny42 Newbie

Canada
    ok I got it I just uninstalled everything and I installed another version and tried some random things and blablabla but finally it works! But anyway thanks a lot everyone [​IMG]