Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Official Help Thread

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkmaster said:
27 days until the English release! I can't wait! I was contemplating starting a new game on the Japanese version with starting equipment (Except weapons) and mixed element Djinn. Perhaps putting Mars/Jupiter on Matthew, and Venus/Mercury on Karis. That would make the game much harder than it is now, but I can wait for the English release for that.

So Andy.. did you manage to beat Dullahan, yet? I mapped out the map for that island surrounded by the rocks if you want it. (You're supposed to map it yourself, and I did, and it turned out to be shaped like a skull.. freaky)

yep i did. i saved just before i beat him then just after and well the one where i saved before him i decided to make it more challenging by mixing djinn which off course will make it harder.

next one i need to do is optional boss number 2 but well i'm so lazy to go through all them rooms trying to find him haha >

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
what do you do after you got all the pieces for stellas armour thing?
also, is there an easy way to find the ghost ship? can't find it anywhere...
thanks in advance
smile.gif

EDIT: let me rephrase that...
i have 4 pieces of her armour...
also i only have the blue orb, any idea where the otherones are?

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThommyTheBoy said:
what do you do after you got all the pieces for stellas armour thing?
also, is there an easy way to find the ghost ship? can't find it anywhere...
thanks in advance
smile.gif

EDIT: let me rephrase that...
i have 4 pieces of her armour...
also i only have the blue orb, any idea where the otherones are?

post 178 page 12 go ahead and read that
smile.gif

from porkmaster again haha
tongue.gif

Sherry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a question:

Got Harumani now and fought the boss battle against those 2 guys in red and blue.
What do I have to do now?

Hope anyone can help me >.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably going to be my last post here in the Japanese thread, but I may pop around every once in awhile to see how people are doing.

I bring to you a way through that horrendous maze (Optional boss #2, the little island to the northwest of Izumo, with the rocks surrounding it). I mapped out the whole place, and there are 4 chests total, and then the boss battle, and a summon tablet after the boss. The abbreviations are as follows.

Up = U
Down = D
Left = L
Right = R

Treasure #1
From the starting room: U, U. Simple enough. Use evacuate, or go down twice to be back in the starting room.

Treasure #2
From the starting room: U, L, U, U, U, U, R, R, R, R, D, D, D, D, L, U. After getting chest #2, use evacuate.

Treasure #3
From the starting room: U, L, U, U, U, U, L, U, U, L, U, U, R, U, L, U, R, R, R, R, D, D, D, L, D, D, L, U, U. After getting chest #3, use evacuate.

Treasure #4
From the starting room: U, L, U, U, U, U, L, U, U, L, U, L, U, U, R, U, R, U, R, R, R, R, R, U, R, R, D, R, U, R, D, R, D, D, R, D, D, D, D, L, L, L, U, L, D, D, L, D, L, D, D. DO NOT use evacuate

Boss
From Treasure room #4: U, R, U, R, U, R, U, U, L, L, U, U. Defeat the boss, grab the summon tablet, use evacuate, and get the hell out of there.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is fresh in my mind...
Crocodile (lizard thing in the water) // town with wells // forest dungeon // dream tree // Kolima

If you are not doing this already, use Harumanu's 1 EP freeze frame psynergy to show objects that react to puzzle psynergy and see which psynergy to use.

There are 2 wells that you can see in this town near the northeast NE coast (above Champa --- I have been told that that is not Champa). The well that you need to fall down is the blocked off well. There is a movable block in the barrier. People say that you can move the block aside after you talk to the chipmunk in the band which is playing in the harbor town (octogon) and change the music.

Move the block. Fall down the well. Go NE to a new well and climb up. KOLIMA.

Save your game and find the purple tree. There is a woman in a green dress who will be inside after you talk to her. You may also need to talk to her husband lying on the bed. Once green dress is inside the dress she will send you into the dungeon.

Walk around until you see a manipulable puddle on a large leaf. Parch/Evaporate the puddle. Exit south and arrange the log puzzle in this room so that you can go south. Return to the puddle. Douse. Return to the logs and take the log path to the new room. Keep going until you can climb some branches and drop a log that falls into the room with the puddle (on the leaf).

Return to the room with the manipulable puddle on a large leaf. You will see the post. Now you can reach the boss. I think that you can also reach the Venus djinni. I meant to get it after the boss battle but the teleport was immediate. Drat.

That's all that I remember. If you have not played Golden Sun before, there are 3 ways to remove curse status.
1. Pay at a sanctum.
2. Die and Revive works sometimes but not always.
3. Unleash Mercury Djinni Tonic.

Go to the Sanctum and uncurse any affected party members.

About Reviving KO'd party members without using a Water of Life or paying (Read TFerguson's Golden Sun:TLA Mechanics faq on gamefaqs for more accurate and detailed class or battle info).
About level 20 a character can learn Revive. Mages of any element IIRC get a class with Revive on 4 Venus djinn. Mathew will have Revive with 4 Venus, 4 Mercury or 4 Mars. I usually give the 4 Venus to someone else and give the Venus mage Mercury or Mars so that I have 2 with Revive. Giving Matthew 4 Mercury makes him slow but it is worth it for the Wish and Revive.

The Mars djinni Spark has a chance of Reviving at half HP in battle. The Mercury djinni Dew can IIRC do multiple Revives.

After the boss battle a box appears on a roof in Champa (as I call it).

JohnLocke

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i'm stuck in this room with all the zodiac signs and i'm not sure if it's me or a damaged rom or something like that. i just moved the two sibling statues mirroring their movements and now another room is supposed to open but it didn't. what shall i do now?

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
JohnLocke said:
hey guys, i'm stuck in this room with all the zodiac signs and i'm not sure if it's me or a damaged rom or something like that. i just moved the two sibling statues mirroring their movements and now another room is supposed to open but it didn't. what shall i do now?
walk around the room and look into every room, just to make sure you haven't missed one, otherwise... i think your screwed

andy122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnLocke said:

that should of either unlocked you an extra 2rooms or pretty much unlocking. if its pretty much unlocking then theres one you have missed make sure you check each room that isn't lit up ( if its lit up it means you completed it)

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnLocke said:

Try to move the statues. If they still move then they are not set on there pedestals.

kitsuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^
You would need the Smack psynergy, which Stella has. OR since you're able to get to the mountain anyways, you should have an item that says ??????? (Smack gloves) or something like that. Equip it and the equipped Adept will be able to use Smack.

Be careful though, you'll be in a boss battle shortly!

I myself have a question:
I now have all the playable Adepts in the game. However, shortly after getting the 2nd Venus Adept, I'm forced to talk the dancing doll from GS2, after which I enter a hidden portal and pick up the Masayume and a Drop of Life. The door following that chamber has two unreachable pipes of sand, and the only door accessible after that leads to a room with only a red tablet. The tablet tells me something about the person holding a red jewel (which I assume is the jewel obtained that enables DrySand, or whatever the Psynergy to drain water is called..), but I'm not sure what exactly.
Help?

Edit: Never mind! Backtracking through the thread does wonders
smile.gif

Sherry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kitsuke said:
^
You would need the Smack psynergy, which Stella has. OR since you're able to get to the mountain anyways, you should have an item that says ??????? (Smack gloves) or something like that. Equip it and the equipped Adept will be able to use Smack.

Be careful though, you'll be in a boss battle shortly!

Ok, thank you for your help^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff