Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Official Help Thread

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished the game.

Only partial Spoilers:

All about lvl 49, all 72 Dijinn, about 60% of the summons and only took 38 hours, perhaps 45 total if I got everything, 50 at a push tbh.

Only boss I found really hard was the one Ancient Devil, the others were basic including the Boss, not found Dullhallen but haven't really looked, only got those that I came across and missed some permanent ones so not interested in getting until I replay it again.

Has anyone tried a lot of combinations on the Start Screen, ya know to get a code like on the 1st one, gotta be a 2nd
biggrin.gif

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone have a savegame near the beginning right after u go onto the plateau to rescue the boy? My flashcard erased my save and I can be bothered to go through to slow opening and tutorial bits again.
Many thanks in advance!

Kamika

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dreassica said:
Anyone have a savegame near the beginning right after u go onto the plateau to rescue the boy? My flashcard erased my save and I can be bothered to go through to slow opening and tutorial bits again.
Many thanks in advance!
Just start over and button mash your way through the tutorial and dialogue. It's not that hard and it doesn't take hours to get to the point where your save game got erased.

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If i wanted to do that I would have by now, but it takes ages and I just can'be bothered going through all this again. Intro takes ages, as well as all the tutorials.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok this is probably been said several times but I cant find it after looking for over an hour

Is there an AP fix for emulators? Cuz both ideas and no$ are blackscreening me ;(

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, just like in the GBA games you have to press A to proceed through most text in battle.

Unrelated but not off-topic: I'm playing TLA right now, and it blows DD out of the water in every aspect except graphics, due only to technical constraints. And it's not even beaten by that much.

D

Deleted User

PeregrinFig said:
As far as I know, just like in the GBA games you have to press A to proceed through most text in battle.

Unrelated but not off-topic: I'm playing TLA right now, and it blows DD out of the water in every aspect except graphics, due only to technical constraints. And it's not even beaten by that much.

Lost Age is my favorite in the series, have fun.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
IchigoK2031 said:
haha I just beat Iris in the (U) version... summon rush with Daedulus and lvl 52's
tongue.gif
My whole party is over 70 and got destroyed.
wtf.gif
I guess I need to rush him and pray he doesn't do a djinn storm right away.

What you need to do, is basically summon Daedulus ONLY with your first party, so all Mars and Venus Djinn in your first party. Then 2nd party ONLY summons Eclipse, so all Mercury and Jupiter Djinn in your 2nd party. Put all djinn in stanby/set watever beforehand. You need a LITTLE luck, but, you should be able to do it. I only had Rief left at then end of the battle, it was very close x.x

Nixol

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a black screen when I start the game on M3 Real lasted firmware (4.9x 12/17/2010)
Can you help me please ? Thx !

Evildude666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I was in Yamata. When examining the various pots and statues I kept finding what seem to be yellow coins
named "____." just blank like that. They can't be dropped or sold and unfortunately I picked up enough of them
that only Himi has room to pick things up anymore.
I can't seem to find any use for them and find no mention of them in any walk through.
Are they some sort of AP or glitch?
Is there any way to edit the save so I no longer have them?
(Playing on an Acekard using AKAIO 1.8.1 if that matters.)
Thanks.

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Evildude666 said:
While I was in Yamata. When examining the various pots and statues I kept finding what seem to be yellow coins
named "____." just blank like that. They can't be dropped or sold and unfortunately I picked up enough of them
I can't seem to find any use for them and find no mention of them in any walk through.
Thanks.

Played with the same setup and never had it.

Sure you can;t do anything with it? Does it give any options besides giving away?

Evildude666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quanno said:
Evildude666 said:
Thanks.

Played with the same setup and never had it.

Sure you can;t do anything with it? Does it give any options besides giving away?
Nope, only option available is "Give."
I've spoken to everyone in Yamata twice now with no options of giving them away to anyone or anything.
I thought maybe they would be forgeables, but Obaba couldn't use them either.
It's not really hurting my game as long as I don't run out of space. I'd just hate to have to restart because of this if I did run out of space.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
i went and locked myself out of north angara (where the sword guy blows up the cave) and wasn't able to get the Jupiter Djinn in Goma Highlands.... (fuckin MOVE spell can be aimed DIAGONALLY at the pillar by the camp! HOW WOULD I KNOW???)

is there a way to get back?

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About beating the last optional boss. The Prima Guide lists its pattern and this pattern can be found on the internet. I will edit the pattern in later. The full pattern is 24 actions and 8 turns. The boss AI tests for success of an action before making the move and skips actions that will not succeed.

Take the ability Crucible. Crucible allows the boss to summon djinn on standby. The priority is Catastrophe, Coatlicue, Haures, Crystal Dragon and then single element summons. Given the djinn to summon Charon - for example - Judgment will be summoned. Crucible is skipped when no djinn are on standby

More examples:

Curse. Boss will skip when its psynergy is bound or all targets are Cursed
Haunt same

Attack. Boss will skip when Delude'd

You can reboot until the pattern starts where you want.

Pattern from Prima Guide.

I. [ Condemn, Charon, Curse ]

II. [ Djinn Storm, Haunt, Fulminous Edge ]

III. [ Dark Contact, attack, Fulminous Edge ]

IV. [ Break, attack, Dark Contact]

V. [ Element Swap, Haunt, Curse ]

VI. [ Fulminous Edge, Bind, Crucible ]

VII. [ attack, Dark Contact, Fulminous Edge ]

VIII. [ attack, Element Swap, attack ]

Ыъ&#

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a way to return to Belinsk after beating the game? I have one uncollected Djinni there and now I need it in battle with Dullahan and to complete collection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far