ROM Hack Golden Sun Dark Dawn For R4 Ultra User, ITS WORK!!!

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mean how bad could it be. atleast it was a card developer this time as opposed to a person. . . besides does anyone know normatt's reaction yet? i know its near impossible but maybe they were secretly working together. . . Yea i know its not mentioned with the download but it could possibly be true

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well I'm gonna stop talking about it, last time this happened normmatt was pretty upset, I still like my acekard and I don't want to contribute to a something that might force him to quit again

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
well I'm gonna stop talking about it, last time this happened normmatt was pretty upset, I still like my acekard and I don't want to contribute to a something that might force him to quit again
maybe he'll quit if this happens again on his next release...
unsure.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
RoMee said:
Minox_IX said:
I have no wish to close this down, but I ask of you to please refrain from posting links to it.

Thanks

okay so we can talk about it than??

Yes.
QUOTE(rikardo03 @ Dec 2 2010, 07:11 PM)
so it'll be like roms? we can talk about it but no links right?
I guess you could say that.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny thing is this hacked version runs AKAIO 1.8.1 better than the official version runs on my AK2i (using the exact same SD card, not even reformatted). On the R4 Ultra it runs to perfection, no soft reset bug etc

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
you guys keep on talking about this and this thread will be closed

but yeah, it does work just tried it
wink.gif

MY R4 ULTRA!#
yaynds.gif

QUOTE(TaShiSai @ Dec 2 2010, 03:15 PM) So where did ya got ur rom from? i got mine from There was a Rom Link Here and it sure is fuked
Boom Boom Shaka Laka

BANNED for posting ROM LINK

TaShiSai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well anyway i got it to work! i download the jap version since it dont have that AP and dubbed it with English text! woot! got it working
smile.gif

blazing_fire

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine's not working. I still get the black screen... Did I do something wrong??? You just have to drag and drop the files into the SD card right?

mautauajalu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
QUOTE said:
Mine's not working. I still get the black screen... Did I do something wrong??? You just have to drag and drop the files into the SD card right?

here try this , if you still got black screen

ppl, i might have found how to work on akAIO 1.8.1 for those who always give black screen no matter what. maybe it will not work for some, but hey, if i help any1, as i helped myself, thats ok by me. i will post what i did!

1) formated with Panasonic SD Formater (Full Format ON; Format Ajustment ON);
2) copied the akAIO 1.8.1
3) go to GS:DD Properties -> Rom Setting -> and leave it in this order:
-2M
-Disabled
-Disabled
-Enabled

4) Press A to confirm and test it!

OBS.: I use a DSLite. my mSD is a kingstone 8GB and, if the speed of the card is the number inside a circle on top right, then, its speed 4 (I realy dont know how to see the card speed).

I hope this helps a lot of ppl, if not everyone!

credit to yukko

blazing_fire

Trophies
XP
Country
mautauajalu said:
QUOTE said:

here try this , if you still got black screen

ppl, i might have found how to work on akAIO 1.8.1 for those who always give black screen no matter what. maybe it will not work for some, but hey, if i help any1, as i helped myself, thats ok by me. i will post what i did!

1) formated with Panasonic SD Formater (Full Format ON; Format Ajustment ON);
2) copied the akAIO 1.8.1
3) go to GS:DD Properties -> Rom Setting -> and leave it in this order:
-2M
-Disabled
-Disabled
-Enabled

4) Press A to confirm and test it!

OBS.: I use a DSLite. my mSD is a kingstone 8GB and, if the speed of the card is the number inside a circle on top right, then, its speed 4 (I realy dont know how to see the card speed).

I hope this helps a lot of ppl, if not everyone!

credit to yukko

Thank you so much for your help!!~
It works very well now!! I'm playing it~
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    Veho @ Veho: It inserts a newline in a random spot.