Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

anti-bot test

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a kingston class 4, 4gb

i think i've seen teh intro so many times ive memorized it by now.. it kept freezing right after the white screen boot and right after the intro for me, but patience was the key for me
biggrin.gif

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anti-bot test said:
its a kingston class 4, 4gb

i think i've seen teh intro so many times ive memorized it by now.. it kept freezing right after the white screen boot and right after the intro for me, but patience was the key for me
biggrin.gif
Time to get a new card buddy
closedeyes.gif

anti-bot test

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hard to tell what kind is good, there's no standard for read/write access speed testing is there? they just put class 4 class 6 or whatever on their cards. anyone have reccomendations? preferably through experience lol.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
anti-bot test said:
hard to tell what kind is good, there's no standard for read/write access speed testing is there? they just put class 4 class 6 or whatever on their cards. anyone have reccomendations? preferably through experience lol.
class is for guaranteed minimum write speed.
so a class 4 will be guaranteed capable of writing 4MB/s while class 6 is at least 6MB/s.
as it's a minimum it is possible for a class 4 to have faster write speed than a class 6.

anti-bot test

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does any1 have the bug where whatever item u find is always a blank medallion..? i can't get past the beginning lol. the sword isn't there i can't leave the cabin.

D

Deleted User

so rom/game troubles aside, how about some actual game discussion? I've managed to play about 7-8 hours worth already. What I can say so far is that the psyenergy and turn-based combat is pretty much the same. Collecting Djinn seems rather quick, I'm level 17 and I have about 12-15 Djinn now.

Puzzle wise, those of you who like puzzles will really love this game, it's got plenty. Really a great game to use your imagination on
happy.gif
, it's really pretty and imagining everything as it happens, you know the revival of advanced ancient civilizations, it's pretty fun
happy.gif

The graphics bug me a little bit, but I suppose that's part of the targeted audience; that is, to say that, you are, afterall playing as Isacc and Garett's kids...The graphics are nice, but overall the game kinda feels like it's been a little watered down difficulty wise, I haven't had any trouble staying alive. Kinda betrays the traditional RPG w/ it's difficulty settings, hoping there's a hard-mode that you can play after you complete the game.

I'm really enjoying the game, so far, for what it is. So far though, it really makes me want to do a complete play through of the series, (The Lost Age seemed pretty perfect as far as difficulty went). Feels like Camelot went out of their way to hold your hand through just about every part of the way... Yeah, so just some thoughts. Enjoy guys.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I2aven's_Sage said:
so rom/game troubles aside, how about some actual game discussion? I've managed to play about 7-8 hours worth already. What I can say so far is that the psyenergy and turn-based combat is pretty much the same. Collecting Djinn seems rather quick, I'm level 17 and I have about 12-15 Djinn now.

Puzzle wise, those of you who like puzzles will really love this game, it's got plenty. Really a great game to use your imagination on
happy.gif
, it's really pretty and imagining everything as it happens, you know the revival of advanced ancient civilizations, it's pretty fun
happy.gif

The graphics bug me a little bit, but I suppose that's part of the targeted audience; that is, to say that, you are, afterall playing as Isacc and Garett's kids...The graphics are nice, but overall the game kinda feels like it's been a little watered down difficulty wise, I haven't had any trouble staying alive. Kinda betrays the traditional RPG w/ it's difficulty settings, hoping there's a hard-mode that you can play after you complete the game.

I'm really enjoying the game, so far, for what it is. So far though, it really makes me want to do a complete play through of the series, (The Lost Age seemed pretty perfect as far as difficulty went). Feels like Camelot went out of their way to hold your hand through just about every part of the way... Yeah, so just some thoughts. Enjoy guys.

I agree it feels a little easier than I would have liked, but overall the puzzles and nostalgic battle systems make it very enjoyable. The graphics for me make it feel like a 3-D version of the slightly cartoony sprites of the original. Quite nice, IMO. The story is interesting so far, too and the emotion response choice is fun
biggrin.gif

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I finished the game when the Japanese one was released, extra quests and all. Take the game slow, make sure to look out for specific items in the artifacts section. Many things are missable. I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I'm just waiting for an AP patch now, so I know wtf the story is. For the record there are 18 djinn per element, you might want to check out the djinn guide on GameFAQ's helped me a lot, I got all of them
smile.gif

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
I agree it feels a little easier than I would have liked, but overall the puzzles and nostalgic battle systems make it very enjoyable. The graphics for me make it feel like a 3-D version of the slightly cartoony sprites of the original. Quite nice, IMO. The story is interesting so far, too and the emotion response choice is fun
biggrin.gif
They should have added some text to accompany those emoticons when a character asks you something. There wasn't hardly any questions asked to your character that weren't rhetorical in TBS and TLA.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taichi24 said:
They should have added some text to accompany those emoticons when a character asks you something. There wasn't hardly any questions asked to your character that weren't rhetorical in TBS and TLA.

Yes, there are lots of yes/no where if you say no, then you keep cycling or you ar ignored

Breith

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like the two first game...

'Remember myself, 12 or 13 years old, in my bed, read, read and still read line after line of this fuckin' intro thinking angrily : "damn game, I wanna play !".

Edit. Erf, sorry.

D

Deleted User

Breith said:

'Remember myself, 12 or 13 years old, in my bed, read, read and still read line after line of this fuckin' intro thinking angrily : "damn game, I wanna play !".

Edit. Erf, sorry.

Yeah, I was around 12 or 13 then too. Now'a'days I'm perfectly satisfied just listening to the introduction music & so on. Truly a wide range of music
biggrin.gif

Rayster

Trophies
XP
Country
Breith said:

Edit. Erf, sorry.

+1

Oohhh child memories. I really wanna play this game >< All I can do for now ish wait and wait....

D

Deleted User

Breith said:

Edit. Erf, sorry.

I'm playing through golden sun 1 for the first time I don't remember a text cutscene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches