Gaming Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Discussion Thread

VentusVanitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I created this because I realized we did not have a proper hype thread. When this game is released, we can use it as AP discussion.

golden-sun-dark-dawn-20101019043425022.jpg

Game Features (Amazon)
* Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
* The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the descendents of the previous game's heroes.
* Intuitive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling character movements and the release of Psynergy - magical abilities with powerful effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the screen.
* Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental creatures used to summon powerful spirits in battle.
Releases:
US 29/11
AUS 2/12
EUR 10/12

The rom has been dumped! It was dumped by a fan, so there is no official scene release as of yet.

Here is the working list as of 28 / 11 / 10 2:00pm (Australian)

XXXX Version:

Known AP:
-Black screen when trying to start the game

Works On:
-SuperCard DSTwo
-Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.1 (Enable AntiPiracy Bypass)

Not Working On:
-R4 with Wood 1.17
-EZ Flash V
-Cyclo DS Evo 1.6 Stable (or below)
-M3i Zero

Now get chatting!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's gonna be awesome (even more when I can understand it).
I'm still glad that I pre-ordered a copy and I'm looking forward to the map that's in the box.
smile.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's meh at best. The core gameplay is almost the same as in the GBA games, but moving stuff with the stylus is horrible and doesn't work half of the time (at least for me it doesn't). The story is so-so. The graphics and music are top-notch, though.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you guys think ilooked at the main website and there are going to be alot of water adepts you get on your team, i wonder if they stay or leave like in finaly fantasy i really want to keep characters and not lose them

Ashley Riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find the original games to be pretty average, and somwhat dull. Couldn't finish The Lost Age even though I was playing with the real cart and didn't have internet at the time.

Not interested, but I've got some friends who sure will go wild with this one.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Overlord Nadrian said:
but moving stuff with the stylus is horrible and doesn't work half of the time (at least for me it doesn't).
Psynergy still works with D-Pad, so there is no need for stylus.
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Totally looking forward to the new summons. I saw a video of the Catastrophe summon and I was quite disappointed.
frown.gif

But then again, it's always hard to make something that was totally awesome even more awesome.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for this game to come out
happy.gif

Note: I agree with RoMee, the OP should be redesigned so it includes the box cover and the movie.
smile.gif

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN score worried me. it got a lower score and had quite a few probs it seems like but overall still pretty good. hype down a bit. there are a few rpgs with higher scores that i still need to play so i think i will
biggrin.gif

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lets break down this IGN review:
- To my knowledge, this was originally supposed to be a remake of the first Golden Sun, but they decided to change it up instead, so him complaining it didn't feel new is due to that most likely

- He claims Djinn were forgettable because you can just use psynergy instead. What he DOESNT realize is that the combination of djinn on any specific character determines what psynergies you do or don't get.

- He claims summons aren't strong, which isn't true. Just customize your djinn so you get a stronger summon.

- He is comparing this to Dragon Quest basically, expecting it to be the same thing. In his video review he sounds disappointed that he can't grind all day. I don't know about you guys, but grinding for hours to beat one generic boss is boring. This game has actual puzzles and story, you don't grind your way through the whole game like dragon quest (don't get me wrong, I loved DQ on DS, too).

- He has beef about the story and dragged out dialogue, even though the original one had the exact same thing, and this should be expected of any RPG rich with story

- He gave bad scores for sound and criticized the graphics? Come on, its a DS game, what more do you want?

- Last but not least- all the comments on his review seem to imply that he was a poor pick for an unbiased review of the game.

D

Deleted User

The problems that Fanboys don't understand, 7.5 is a GOOD score.

In my eyes, any thing rated above a 7 means its good, just not perfect, and has some problems.

When somebody reviews a game its their OPINION, just because you love the game doesn't mean everyone else does, and vice versa.

So for anyone trying to talk on IGN's review score, you need to shut the fuck up until I see you do a proper review about the American version of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1