Hacking Golden Sun and Acekard

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it just my ROM, or are all the weapons in the cabin at the start unequippable and called
blank.gif
?

Oh and are you supposed to have to fight a Dim Dragon or whatever every time you close the menu?

EDIT: I'm fucking annoyed at all of these ungrateful sods, if you want to play the game so much, go buy it.
Norm and Smiths put their free time into coding AKAIO for you. The least you could fucking do is show some thanks.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zetadragon90 said:
I am currently playing the game on an emulator, I was so mad with not being able to play GS on my acekard 2i that I made topics about hacked akaio 1.8.1. I am sorry if I offended other acekard users.

Go flush your Acekard. You're an insult to us all. Go flush it and give yourself a swirly while your at it.

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No go here, tried both the releases. Tried AP on and off on both with just a black screen.
Using AKAIO 1.8.1 and a Sandisk MicroSDHC 4gb card.
Thanks for all the work guys!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works ok for me with AKAIO 1.8.1, bypass anti-piracy, and a Kingston 2GB MicroSD (Japan).
yaynds.gif

Also tried with Kingston 2GB MicroSD (Taiwan) and it failed miserably.
angry.gif

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Is it just my ROM, or are all the weapons in the cabin at the start unequippable and called
blank.gif
?

Oh and are you supposed to have to fight a Dim Dragon or whatever every time you close the menu?

EDIT: I'm fucking annoyed at all of these ungrateful sods, if you want to play the game so much, go buy it.
Norm and Smiths put their free time into coding AKAIO for you. The least you could fucking do is show some thanks.

You need to do a full reformat of your card.
When you play the scened release, it sometimes does this problem.
If you are using the XXXX release, you fight the Dragon right after you save and come back into the game.

mitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apk07 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-micr...182&sr=8-11

This is what I use and it works perfect. Whoever's claiming $30 obviously should stop buying SD cards from best buy

I was planning on upgrading my memory card to the one you posted (the 8gb ver specifically). I'm wondering though is Class 6 enough? Too little? Too much?

I wasn't aware of the factors that read / write speeds have until all this GS talk. Moreover, it explains the slow downs from an another game.

Love live Akaio!
wink.gif

Siveria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game "works" on my card.. the reason works is in " is because the AP still hits, in the game you'll get forced into a fight with a mob called Dim dragon when doing certan actions, and once you do, it'll happen anytime for that action, for some its after saving, for others it can be using the menu or a psyenergy. No known fix for it yet. Gonna try the euro version and see if it still does it.

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
No go here, tried both the releases. Tried AP on and off on both with just a black screen.
This guy is an idiot for buying the Sandisk MicroSDHC, as a gift for Christmas I'm going to buy the Transcend at amazon, you should have it tomorrow to test
Order Placed:
December 2, 2010
View Order Details | View Invoice
* Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
* Order Total: $13.49
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-micr.../dp/B0013DXVYK/
Please let us know if it works for you.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
doesn't work on my 4gb kingston sdhc class 4 card from taiwan.

hope it will be fixed in a later firmware for all micro sd cards xO

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mitsune said:
Apk07 said:
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-micr...182&sr=8-11

This is what I use and it works perfect. Whoever's claiming $30 obviously should stop buying SD cards from best buy

I was planning on upgrading my memory card to the one you posted (the 8gb ver specifically). I'm wondering though is Class 6 enough? Too little? Too much?

I wasn't aware of the factors that read / write speeds have until all this GS talk. Moreover, it explains the slow downs from an another game.

Love live Akaio!
wink.gif
Class Rating has nothing (directly) to do with read speed, it is 100% a measure of WRITE speed only.
This will help with games that have large save files like Pokemon, but not (directly) help games that need faster Read Speeds and Random Access Times like Castlevenia for example.

I say "(directly)" because in computer terms it is harder to write fast than it is to read fast, so in general a faster write speed loosely correlates to a faster write speed.
But really, it comes down to fast Read Speeds and quick Random Access Times which seems to be more based on brands. Small companies can often have lower quality parts and therefor a lower quality product. Bigger companies can release lines cards meant for specific things (like Cameras which only need high write speed) and have problems with counterfeits and 'ghost runs' (batches made at the real factory after hours using low quality and/or rejected parts).

All said, Class 4 should be just fine, but with Class 6's being nearly the same price online... why NOT get the faster write speed?

I personally recommend ADATA, and shopping at NewEgg.com (I've been a faithful customer since early 2002 and they've earned it).
I bought my 4GB Class 6 ADATA because I heard good things about them and it was the 3rd cheapest (by less than 30 cents) and I've been nothing but happy with it since. Read and Write speeds are considerably faster than my 1GB MicroSD to the point that it's noticeable when copying files on/off the card, and it's given me zero problems.

dolemite01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
dolemite01 said:
This guy is an idiot for buying the Sandisk MicroSDHC, as a gift for Christmas I'm going to buy the Transcend at amazon, you should have it tomorrow to test
Order Placed:
December 2, 2010
View Order Details | View Invoice
* Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
* Order Total: $13.49
http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-micr.../dp/B0013DXVYK/
Please let us know if it works for you.
Thanks! Received today and this fixed my issue with this game and another thank you again!

Quark^2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finwen said:
Lol, it's working perfectly here.
-Which dump do you use?
-Which SDCard?
-How fast is your SDCard? (measured using HDTach)
-You do not get any of these AP triggers? Like a Dim Dragon, missing certain key items etc?
-How far are you in the game?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quark^2 said:
Finwen said:
Lol, it's working perfectly here.
-Which dump do you use?
-Which SDCard?
-How fast is your SDCard? (measured using HDTach)
-You do not get any of these AP triggers? Like a Dim Dragon, missing certain key items etc?
-How far are you in the game?
Don't use HD-Tach, use the libFat speed tester. I have seen SDs do well in HD-tach and still perform badley in the Acekard.

http://filetrip.net/f1238-Speed-Tester-for...DI-Support.html

I am using an 8GB Samsung Plus (class 6)
I am not vey far into it, I have just started up the forge. But so far everything is running smooth with no glitches.

Here are my test results.
Sequential.
512B
Max 431; Avg 228
4KB
Max 1807; Avg 1789
16KB
Max 7153; Avg 7131

Random

512B
Max 486; Avg 450
4KB
Max 1860; Avg 1836
16KB
Max 7200; Avg 7174

Quark^2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, crap... I fear that my card is too slow.
Measured using that CF_Bench:

Sequential.
512B
Max 556; Avg 289
4KB
Max 2481; Avg 2462
16KB
Max 10147; Avg 10009

Random
512B
Max 598; Avg 579
4KB
Max 2550; Avg 2501
16KB
Max 10202; Avg 10073

IIRC that 10073 is too slow, I recall some value of 8700 mentioned somewhere.
I guess it's time to start shopping for another card. As fast as possible (access times) to prevent future games from not working either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ