Golden Sun 3 (DS) announced

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
silent sniper said:
I never beat the 2nd one, but, am I the only one that needed a guide to get through various parts of the first?
I never used any kind of guide for neither GS or Lost Age..however, game did get though at some points..

I really haven't enjoyed no games as I have Golden Sun, ever..man I love that game..

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Six long years... Finally, they release the game we've been waiting six long years for...
yaynds.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guess nintendo had worked out something with their branch company on Golden Sun 3
thats a great change for nintendo
tongue.gif

i am just wondering when this game is out will gbatemp go on crawl again
tongue.gif

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acenima said:
is this only for DSi ?

or can regular DS play aswell?

It'll definitely be for both consoles i'd have thought. In all likelihood there'll be an easter egg for people who slot in GS1 or GS2:TLA when they boot up the new one.

Oh, and the Youtube trailer:

Looks stunning on the actual console, not a web trailer with the resolution blown up to show every imperfection.

And at 3:38, the Camelot splash screen is shown
biggrin.gif

Acheron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
Actually, it's not gonna be a sequel. I don't want to break your bubble, but it has been confirmed to be a whole new story with totally new characters and in 3D.
had a feeling they'd do this which is good imo, the last 2 finished on a good note, no point dragging it out any longer. anyway i cannot f*cking wait for this, im usually pretty patient with games but this is the one game i wont be lol

pizzahutmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God.
I've been waiting so long for this.
I literally screamed like a girl and my mom came to see what was wrong.
I'm still shaking as I write this.
BRB, I'm gonna go cry now.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit of a shame that they recycled some music in the trailer, but what the hell am I talking about?

It's motherfucking Golden Sun! 6 years of waiting and intermediary golf games, and finally, this. Amazing, one of the games I'm looking forward to actually buying.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Firstly, let me say I was disappointed with the first Golden Sun. The graphics were nice, the gameplay was OK, but the story didn't grab me much. I am also baffled that there are so many Golden Sun fans because I don't think the game delivered. I never played the sequel.

Personally I compare it to old SNES classics like Chrono Trigger and I just can't say it comes close to that kind of quality. I'm curious if there's people that finished both CT and GS and prefer GS. Let me know why!

As for GSDS, well, it looks like they put their effort into translating the existing GS game into 3d. This feels to me like a lack of creativity (summons doing the exact same thing, jumping over "one tile" sized gaps etc), but maybe the devs also thought that the game needed no improving (which I personally disagree with). Thoughts please^^

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hm..... this game looks awesome!
yaynds.gif
I never played the first 2 before but I heard they are good. Well, I'm glad at least that this game is not one of those shovelware that are abundant. Nintendo E3 FTW!

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Glacius0 said:
Firstly, let me say I was disappointed with the first Golden Sun. The graphics were nice, the gameplay was OK, but the story didn't grab me much. I am also baffled that there are so many Golden Sun fans because I don't think the game delivered. I never played the sequel.

Personally I compare it to old SNES classics like Chrono Trigger and I just can't say it comes close to that kind of quality. I'm curious if there's people that finished both CT and GS and prefer GS. Let me know why!

As for GSDS, well, it looks like they put their effort into translating the existing GS game into 3d. This feels to me like a lack of creativity (summons doing the exact same thing, jumping over "one tile" sized gaps etc), but maybe the devs also thought that the game needed no improving (which I personally disagree with). Thoughts please^^

I've played both numerous times, and I actually prefer GS over CT. CT is a great game, don't get me wrong, but I don't even consider it the best of it's console. I even prefer some Genesis rpgs over it. About CT, the cast and story were memorable, but it was hilariously easy, and the world was quite small. After the first play through, it was soo easy, I couldn't push myself to get more than a few endings. Now GS and GS:TLA both had a great cast, and story (imo), the world was vast, something I love in rpgs. The difficulty and puzzles weren't a cakewalk like CT, and there was so much shit to do. And after beating it 100%, I was still able to replay it over and over. So there you go, I've played over 100 rpgs, including the 2(3) in question multiple times, and that's why I enjoy GS over CT.
tongue.gif

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Glacius0 said:

I liked both ct and Golden sun

So with Chrono it was just as classic, good story, nice gameplay period

Golden Sun, was something I really tried on a whim, from a magazine review, didn't think much of it. BUT OMG when I played GS for the first time I REALLY REALLY ENJOYED IT!!! btw I played lost age first. The story in lost age is alot richer with alot more extras to get and such. After which i played the original which I had to admit while good did not give me the same excitement and enthrallment the 2nd had, yet it was still quite a good game, although the story was more dry in comparison to lost age.

EDIT: If that poster/picture is correct, did anyone notice that the characters look similar to Isaac, Garet, and Mia, with of course some differences or is it just me...just wanted to point that out...I no its not a sequel...

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
EDIT: If that poster/picture is correct, did anyone notice that the characters look similar to Isaac, Garet, and Mia, with of course some differences or is it just me...just wanted to point that out...I no its not a sequel...

I noticed it too, I thought it WAS them til I read it was their descendants. XD

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Giga_Gaia said:
Actually, it's not gonna be a sequel. I don't want to break your bubble, but it has been confirmed to be a whole new story with totally new characters and in 3D.
Um, it's the kids of the main chars from the first game, so I'd expect it to be a continuation of the established story in some form.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
i wonder to whom did Garet and Isaac married to and who did Mia married? i mean other than mia and garet looking different, Isaac JR looks pretty much the same as his old man
ohmy.gif

I concur...i mean check out the hair, however Garet jr. looks just as rash and red-headed as his ancestor...lolz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed