'Mario + Rabbids: Sparks Of Hope' shows up on the eShop ahead of official announcement

hero.jpg

It might be a hunch but Ubisoft might have planned a surprise announcement for a sequel to Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle during its E3 press conference today. But surprise it is no more as the game leaked online by none other than Nintendo. Titled Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, the sequel has its own eShop page, complete with screenshots, a synopsis and a launch window.

Below are the 3 screenshots of the game available at the time of writing:

rabid 1.PNG

rabid 2.PNG rabid 3.PNG

As for the game's description and highlighted features, you can find them below:

Team up with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Luigi, and their friends on a galactic journey to defeat a malevolent entity and save your Spark companions. Explore planets throughout the galaxy as you uncover mysterious secrets and compelling quests!
  • Build your dream team with three heroes from an eclectic roster of nine.
  • Take down all new bosses, along with some familiar enemies throughout the galaxy.
  • Rescue the adorable Sparks throughout the galaxy, who provide distinct powers that will help you in battle.
  • Unleash your heroes' skills but be strategic as you dash your enemies, team jump on your allies, and hide behind covers.

According to the official eShop listing, Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope is expected to launch sometime in 2022. It won't be long before we hear more of the game, and possibly a trailer during Ubisoft E3 event today (if nothing else leaks prior...).

:arrow: SOURCE

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why?

The only thing people liked about the game was beating the crsp out of the stupid bunnies.

And Nintendo has butched their own RPG like franchises like Paper Mario that has not been a RPG in a long time and M&L that is dead.

Plus you know who insisting the game should have "no story at all".

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so excited for this! I loved the first title so much, and the new Rabbids look so cute - especially that Bowser one! 9 characters seems kind of low though. I know the original had 8 (10 if you count the DLC), but it's cool either way.

Bummer that it "leaked" before Ubisoft's official reveal, though, especially considering how it was probably their "biggest" title coming to the Switch. Still, super excited!

.....do you guys think Rabbid (insert Mario character) will be the next DLC character announced this Tuesday at Nintendo's direct?

Last edited by Windaga,
Reactions: D34DL1N3R
D

Deleted User

... I get the feeling Nintendo doesn't like this marriage of Franchises just as much as I do.

Jokes aside, this is definitely my least favourite current use of the Mario Franchise.
I hated Rabbids on the Wii and, as a whole, I guess I outgrew their brand of Humour before they even arrived.

I'm sure there are more people who like them than don't, though, so this should sell well.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The original game was meh, so I'm not likely to pick this up. Never did finish the first game...
Also, who the heck is that black/green-haired Rabbid under Mario? The Rabbids are supposed to be versions of Mario characters, yet there's no-one in the Mushroom Kingdom who looks like that.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why?

The only thing people liked about the game was beating the crsp out of the stupid bunnies.

And Nintendo has butched their own RPG like franchises like Paper Mario that has not been a RPG in a long time and M&L that is dead.

Plus you know who insisting the game should have "no story at all".

Why? Because most people loved the first one.

"The only thing people liked...." Which people are those exactly? Because I know myself and many others enjoyed pretty much every single aspect of the first one.

I LOVED The Origami King so "butchering" is a long shot and who says M&L is dead? They did release the two remakes in 2017 and 2018. Not like it was 10+ years ago since they've released something.

Reactions: banjo2 and Wavy

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why? Because most people loved the first one.

"The only thing people liked...." Which people are those exactly? Because I know myself and many others enjoyed pretty much every single aspect of the first one.

I LOVED The Origami King so "butchering" is a long shot and who says M&L is dead? They did release the two remakes in 2017 and 2018. Not like it was 10+ years ago since they've released something.
Regarding Mario & Luigi, AlphaDream closed down after releasing those two remakes, and there hasn't been a single sign of another M&L game since. As for Paper Mario, in my opinion they should go back to Super's platforming style; worked exceptionally well, I'd say.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Woah holy shit this just proved the 4chan Nintendo direct leak was real. Some dude posted their E3 lineup yesterday including this game.
Could'a been just coincidence - needs to be correct more than just once to be reliable (or "real"). Further, what else did that guy list?

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did I get the feeling that Rabbids may be the next Smash DLC? That never came to mind til now.
I won't be disappointed anyway because I'm not on that hype train.

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a Rabbid Luma in this game!? It sure looks bad considering Lumas are my favorite chars in the Mario series.
I don't think Nintendo is liking this crossover very much - in 2010 they refused to make an adventure game for the Wii that was proposed by - guess who - Ubisoft.

Oh, the horror. :ohnoes:

Last edited by SDA,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding Mario & Luigi, AlphaDream closed down after releasing those two remakes, and there hasn't been a single sign of another M&L game since. As for Paper Mario, in my opinion they should go back to Super's platforming style; worked exceptionally well, I'd say.

I get they closed down, but that doesn't mean the series is dead. It's only been 2 and a half years. Sure, it's possible there may never be another but I think completely counting it out after such a short amount of time is unsubstantiated.

The Rabbids are supposed to be versions of Mario characters

Is there some written law about this? Maybe my memory is aging, but I remember many Rabbids in the first game that were not supposed to be versions of Mario characters. But who really cares anyway? I don't think it's an issue for anyone who enjoyed the first game and there's most likely a reason for the character being there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over