Hacking Going from CycloDS to dstwo, a few questions.

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am currently using a CycloDS but planning on moving to a dstwo and have a few questions about it. First, what do I need to do to switch? I currently use the alternate save method (all .sav files in a single directory, c:\NDS_SAVES I think). Do I need to move the save files to the same directory as the roms or rename the .sav files to .nds.sav? Also, how does the RTS and in game text reader compatability compare to the CycloDS?

solarpolitiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves will have to be in the same directory as the rom file. They will not have to be renamed to .nds.sav. I was able to make an easy switch to the AceKard with only changing the firmware so I'm guessing it should be just as easy with the Cylclo. The RTS and in game menu is great on the SCDSTWO (Finally). The text reader is also good but it breaks the lines up, supposedly the Cyclo does not do this so that would be the main difference. If you need anything else just ask.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning on upgrading like this myself. As soon as the guy on Swapz gets off his arse and reads his mail so he can send me some money, I'm gonna buy me a SCDS2. My Cyclo's card slot is busted from me swapping between 3 cards all the time so it takes ages to register a new Micro SD when I swap now. When I get my SCDS2 I'll keep one card in my Cyclo and another in the SCDS2 to solve the problem.

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
solarpolitiks said:
Saves will have to be in the same directory as the rom file. They will not have to be renamed to .nds.sav. I was able to make an easy switch to the AceKard with only changing the firmware so I'm guessing it should be just as easy with the Cylclo. The RTS and in game menu is great on the SCDSTWO (Finally). The text reader is also good but it breaks the lines up, supposedly the Cyclo does not do this so that would be the main difference. If you need anything else just ask.

Well, the in game menu on the CycloDS has problems with several games. As an example, it doesn't work in Revenant Wings (white screen on returning to the game) and only works when on the overworld/dungeon/town map on FF4 (locks up on return if used in battle or in the menus). Hopefully the dstwo will be better.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Well, the in game menu on the CycloDS has problems with several games. As an example, it doesn't work in Revenant Wings (white screen on returning to the game) and only works when on the overworld/dungeon/town map on FF4 (locks up on return if used in battle or in the menus). Hopefully the dstwo will be better.
I can't speak for Revenant Wings, but I can tell you FF IV works perfectly. Also, make sure you back up your saves...I *think* you might need to convert CycloDS saves, but I'm not 100% sure.

solarpolitiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yeah. As always, backup what's on your MicroSD before switching to a new flashcart just in case the transitions does not go as well as hoped.

nl255

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
nl255 said:
I can't speak for Revenant Wings, but I can tell you FF IV works perfectly. Also, make sure you back up your saves...I *think* you might need to convert CycloDS saves, but I'm not 100% sure.

Even if you try to use the in game menu or savestates while in a battle screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up