Hacking GodMode9 difficult to launch

EdwardTheHuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am finding it difficult to launch GodMode9 (Power on then holding Start) on my New Nintendo 3DS. I can only successfully launch it 1 in about 20 tries. That means, it can still launch normally. But most of the time I will power on my system and once I press and hold Start, my 3DS just doesn't turn on. The blue light turns on but turns off as soon as I hold Start. I don't have this problem doing it on my O3DS though.

I have all the latest version of Luma and Godmode9. I tried placing GodMode9.firm from /luma/payloads/ to the root of my SD card and renamed it boot.firm just to be able to launch it. But obviously, that is not the most seamless way of doing things as I have to revert things back to the way they are afterwards. I have been frustrated as I really want to back up certain GBA saves I have.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am finding it difficult to launch GodMode9 (Power on then holding Start) on my New Nintendo 3DS. I can only successfully launch it 1 in about 20 tries. That means, it can still launch normally. But most of the time I will power on my system and once I press and hold Start, my 3DS just doesn't turn on. The blue light turns on but turns off as soon as I hold Start. I don't have this problem doing it on my O3DS though.

I have all the latest version of Luma and Godmode9. I tried placing GodMode9.firm from /luma/payloads/ to the root of my SD card and renamed it boot.firm just to be able to launch it. But obviously, that is not the most seamless way of doing things as I have to revert things back to the way they are afterwards. I have been frustrated as I really want to back up certain GBA saves I have.
You have to be holding start before turning the console on. Try again that way and see if that works for you.

Reactions: Quantumcat

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could be this known problem: https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/issues/466

Put an additional .firm payload into the payloads folder (for example the previous version of GodMode9) and try again.

SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9_1.7.1.firm
SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9_1.8.0.firm

After that holding (Start) brings up the chainloader menu and both versions should works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them