GodMode9 difficult to launch

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by EdwardTheHuman, Aug 12, 2019.

1. EdwardTheHuman
    OP

EdwardTheHuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    Philippines
    I am finding it difficult to launch GodMode9 (Power on then holding Start) on my New Nintendo 3DS. I can only successfully launch it 1 in about 20 tries. That means, it can still launch normally. But most of the time I will power on my system and once I press and hold Start, my 3DS just doesn't turn on. The blue light turns on but turns off as soon as I hold Start. I don't have this problem doing it on my O3DS though.

I have all the latest version of Luma and Godmode9. I tried placing GodMode9.firm from /luma/payloads/ to the root of my SD card and renamed it boot.firm just to be able to launch it. But obviously, that is not the most seamless way of doing things as I have to revert things back to the way they are afterwards. I have been frustrated as I really want to back up certain GBA saves I have.

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    You have to be holding start before turning the console on. Try again that way and see if that works for you.

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. EdwardTheHuman
    OP

EdwardTheHuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    Philippines
    Hi, thanks for the response. I have tried that method as well and still no success.

4. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The backup reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Could be this known problem: https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/issues/466

Put an additional .firm payload into the payloads folder (for example the previous version of GodMode9) and try again.

SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9_1.7.1.firm
    SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9_1.8.0.firm

After that holding (Start) brings up the chainloader menu and both versions should works.

5. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    I had this problem also, only with an additional payload i was able to load godmode

6. EdwardTheHuman
    OP

EdwardTheHuman Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    Philippines
    I'll try adding another payload. May I ask, what additional payload you added?

7. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    godmode9-dev (but i still launch the regular one)