i have problem with luma3ds and godmode9

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i have New 3DS XL and it was soft bricked , but i was able to access luma and godmode9
i updated luma from v10 to latest v13 and install it to firm 0 or firm 1 (i dont remember)
after that i cannot access anything anymore

i have this message which included picture
i almost tried everything but cannot fix the problem
i need a help

20240314_002349.jpg

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes its happening with and without SD card in
Okay, that's one thing down.

FR_DISK_ERR is this fixable ?

Dunno yet. I would think so. Does Safe Mode work? Without an SD card in, Hold down the Left+Right+A+D Pad Up and while holding those buttons down, press the power button. If successful, there should be a screen pop up about updating the NAND.

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay, that's one thing down.

Dunno yet. I would think so. Does Safe Mode work? Without an SD card in, Hold down the Left+Right+A+D Pad Up and while holding those buttons down, press the power button. If successful, there should be a screen pop up about updating the NAND.
Left+Right+A+D Pad Up - this isnt working . ( power start / power select / magnet method nothing works after updating luma )

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's quite the pickle then. Something is up with your CTRNAND, that's obvious. You'll have to do a CTRTransfer, but I'm not sure how you'd get to the point where you can do that if it does it with GM9 as well. Hopefully someone else will have more insight in to this than I do.

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That's quite the pickle then. Something is up with your CTRNAND, that's obvious. You'll have to do a CTRTransfer, but I'm not sure how you'd get to the point where you can do that if it does it with GM9 as well. Hopefully someone else will have more insight in to this than I do.
thank you so much , I would be grateful if anyone can help me fixing that

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i updated luma from v10 to latest v13 and install it to firm 0 or firm 1 (i dont remember)
You're not supposed to do that! boot9strap is supposed to be installed to firm0 or firm1! That may be related to your problem.

( power start / power select / magnet method nothing works after updating luma )
Are you saying you have an ntrboot flashcart?

Reactions: anotherthing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ntrboot should work even if you've done weird things to your NAND. If it doesn't work, then that suggests your SD card isn't being read.

Do you still have boot.firm on your SD card? Have you tried using a different, properly-formatted SD card with boot.firm? (Are we supposed to guess about what you've done?)

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
also , i tried new sd card in ( empty one ) , when i put it back in pc i figured out that system created an empty folder ( luma )
Post automatically merged:

ntrboot should work even if you've done weird things to your NAND. If it doesn't work, then that suggests your SD card isn't being read.

Do you still have boot.firm on your SD card? Have you tried using a different, properly-formatted SD card with boot.firm? (Are we supposed to guess about what you've done?)
Are we supposed to guess about what you've done?)
1- At first it was booting to luma v10.2 / and godmode9 normally
2- i downloaded update for luma to v13.2 and updated godmode9 to the sd card
3- i put it back to the 3ds and booted normally to godmode9
4- i choose installing lumav13.2 boot.firm to firm 0 using godmode9

that what i did and after that i had the problem
Do you still have boot.firm
yes i still have the old files saved on my pc

also , i tried new sd card in ( empty one ) , when i put it back in pc i figured out that system created an empty folder ( luma )

1- At first it was booting to luma v10.2 / and godmode9 normally
2- i downloaded update for luma to v13.2 and updated godmode9 to the sd card
3- i put it back to the 3ds and booted normally to godmode9
4- i choose installing lumav13.2 boot.firm to firm 0 using godmode9

that what i did and after that i had the problem

yes i still have the old files saved on my pc

in step 4 - i followed this guide (Installing Luma3DS as FIRM0 )

https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-luma3ds-as-firm0.515899/

Last edited by Deleted member 696614,

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
An empty SD card isn't going to do anything! When you used ntrboot, did you try a new SD card with boot.firm?

yes i did .

in step 4 - i followed this guide (Installing Luma3DS as FIRM0 )

yes it was a guide and i thought it will work for me

thank you anyway for trying to help me ,but for now , do you have anything in mind that i can do to fix this ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There shouldn’t be any issues with Luma3DS installed to FIRM0. I’ve done it myself before just for fun and testing. I believe the chainloader should work normally. In the worst case the normal boot sequence can be overridden by ntrboot.

Providing a FAT32 formatted SD with GodMode9 renamed to boot.firm should allow troubleshooting, maybe CTRTransfer Type D9.

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Are you sure your ntrboot flashcart has been set up correctly? Have you been able to it successfully before?

yes i followed the guide (Flashing ntrboot (NDS))
no actually first time doing this

There shouldn’t be any issues with Luma3DS installed to FIRM0. I’ve done it myself before just for fun and testing. I believe the chainloader should work normally. In the worst case the normal boot sequence can be overridden by ntrboot.

Providing a FAT32 formatted SD with GodMode9 renamed to boot.firm should allow troubleshooting, maybe CTRTransfer Type D9.

thank you , yes tried that as well , ended up with same error

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Grm1
I don't get why you are trying to do ntrboot. Installing Luma3DS into FIRM0 is no problem – a bit unusual, but not degrading possibilities.

You're not supposed to do that! boot9strap is supposed to be installed to firm0 or firm1! That may be related to your problem.
I've just done it (again) to refresh my memories → all good.
===========

In case the console SD reader is not working (or the SD is not read for whatever reason), neither chainloading nor ntrboot will come to a good result.

Deleted member 696614

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
@Grm1
I don't get why you are trying to do ntrboot. Installing Luma3DS into FIRM0 is no problem – a bit unusual, but not degrading possibilities.

I've just done it (again) to refresh my memories → all good.
===========

In case the console SD reader is not working (or the SD is not read for whatever reason), neither chainloading nor ntrboot will come to a good result.

I'm sure the micro SD card slot is working (not sure about the sd reader ) , do you suggest any other method to fix this using micro SD card only ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried a bit more. Boot file is ignored while Luma is in FIRM partition. Chainloader working normally. Verify SD card is used/found by holding (Select) on power on. Luma will tell if booting from SD or CTRNAND.
SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm
should exist for the chainloader to boot up by holding (Start) on power on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up