Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
100% translated, but not 100% reviewed. They need to review every sentences, to make sure they are right to the context, and make sure that each sentences fits to the chat box. This part of task (reviewing) takes a lot of time to complete, so be patient.

Reactions: Karoliuxx

Misterman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Seems the hype isn't so big now. For a couple of months almost no progress. Don't get my wrong guys, take your time, but can't you guys release a partial patch? We could play that till halfway or so while you guys keep working on the rest. Just feel like I've waited too long for this and the progress is slow. But again don't get me wrong, I just say what I think

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Partial patch would be ok, yes, but as for lack of progress - if I remember correctly there are two reviewers. Yes, only two as reviewing is much harder than translating, you have to make sure all translations not only make sense but are 100% correct, that proper terms are used (after all some terms are specific to the game universe etc.), plus characters often use casual language which is even harder to review, all phrases for all characters need to suit their specific style of speech etc. - it is quite a hastle, I helped once to review stuff for my friend who worked on english-polish translation and japanese is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than english (comparable to polish but then again since me and my friend were both poles that doesn't matter).

Reactions: Dartakus

Kuromii

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello, I'm new to this community. I came here to see the translation of GE2. Keep up your good jobs! I'll rooted for y'all! :)

Reactions: GE2

Blacktard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I need to ask, if somehow the steam version already out, can you guys moved the english texts to the psp version?

I really don't appreciate butchered content on the pc version.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to ask, if somehow the steam version already out, can you guys moved the english texts to the psp version?

I really don't appreciate butchered content on the pc version.
We don't even know if there's any changed content in the PC releases yet though? They've even kept the original Japanese title and D3, the subsidiary that published the PSP version in America, isn't even working on it this time.

Also it would be illegal to port the scripts from the PC release to the PSP release, so there's that too.

GE2

Trophies
XP
Country
Just stopping by and saying Thanks in translating the game. Im rooting for yah! And thanks again.

Blacktard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
We don't even know if there's any changed content in the PC releases yet though? They've even kept the original Japanese title and D3, the subsidiary that published the PSP version in America, isn't even working on it this time.

Also it would be illegal to port the scripts from the PC release to the PSP release, so there's that too.

Based on the twitter, there's some altering in one of the scene, probably something censorship related. Also no Japanese VA, and they removing the blood.

Hell if you notice, in God Eater Burst, they already removing one of the Shio Scene.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the twitter, there's some altering in one of the scene, probably something censorship related. Also no Japanese VA, and they removing the blood.

Hell if you notice, in God Eater Burst, they already removing one of the Shio Scene.
No Japanese voice acting just means the voices were probably too expensive to license.

And if it's just one scene it's not that big of a deal. Probably makes it better since Japanese games tend to add in a lot of annoying fanservice. And could you cite your source on the blood removal? I can't find anything about that.

And that Shio scene was removed from the original localization. Ressurection is a complete remake and is being localized by a completely different team.

Last edited by AttackOtter,

rro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
With the review being 100%, that means that translation progress is complete. All that's left is the rebuilding the patch. Hope it wouldn't take too much time. Just a month left to school holiday. Hope it would be completed by then. Keep up the good work, guys.

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, my, friggin' god, it happens, now we only have to wait for the patch and the only wait that can await us (too many "waits", I know) is patch v2.0 updated with the feedback sent by players :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!