Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't use tweeter (actually I don't use any social media besides FB for which I was basically forced). I'm going to die. Please, bury me in a plastic bag in a shallow grave, I don't wanna cause problems and if ressurection and stuff are real it will be easier to get out.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OMFG, IT'S HAPPENING!!! THE PATCH IS COMING!!!

/sarcasm

Damn people are using Google Translate to translate this. I did just check some newly translated files and they're A MESS. A REALLY BIG MESS! Don't hold your hopes up, there's gonna be plenty of another translations to be completed before this. Even if somebody try to clean those garbage lines, you will understand more playing the game in Japanese before this.

I'm just leaving some examples here:

"Well ~, the wreck was, it was wreck!"

"A little while ago of the phone, of become the two hotels on the inner, it is in scary father"

"Though is completely volunteer, while you do not know <br>, to say Tatte got Saleh to the "boss" of the neighborhood ..."

I really hope that this project will get an actual Japanese-English translator.
I saw it coming, 6 pages back.

I blame everyone who was rushing this project, thinking the patch should be released as soon as (im)possible. :blink:

Now we don't have a translation or a localization, but a proper... Messlation (?).

mareq00713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Messlation or not, I personally would be happy to get at least partial translation, just with materials and stuff to make even japanese version playable for me (as I don't know japanese alphabet I can't even go on with xyz=material A, zbc=material B etc). Though I think that reviewer will have a really tough job.

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well looks like it's finally 100% , but i don't think that's the result we wanted , i mean the progress jumped from 86% to 100% in just 2 days ? that's too good to be real... thanks to those using machine translation :/
anyways , i would love this to come out as soon as possible , but i don't think that's gonna happen any time soon because of the very slow progress of reviewing , the reviewers will have to work hard on this to make it playable .
Good luck everyone ! i am planning to put this on my Vita when Qwikrazor releases ARK-2 for 3.52... I CAN'T WAIT !

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't really expecting that the translation would jump to 100 percent in such a short time. But still, it's going to be a lot of work for the reviewers. I kinda feel sorry for them. Honestly, I don't really care if I have to wait another year for the patch to be complete, so long as a clean and proper translation is released.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
100% translated!
Wait a minute... these are machine translations...
Quoting what Hargrun said - thank those who rushed the project and thought that the translation should be released as soon as possible.
Unless the team finds more reviewers and translators who are very fluent in Japanese-English language, then the patch would be released as planned. I'm just fearing that we'll be facing the danger of the patch not getting released at all. Just hoping that won't happen.

Last edited by Atlas_Noire,
Reactions: Radwan126

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Quoting what Hargrun said, thank those who rushed the project and thought that the translation should be released as soon as possible.
Unless the team finds more reviewers and translators who are very fluent in Japanese-English language, then the patch would be released as planned. I'm just fearing that we'll be facing the danger of the patch not getting released at all. Just hoping that won't happen.

in the worst case they might cancel the project , but i don't think that's gonna happen , now they have to find some japanese speaking guys to help them ... which is going to be hard

Cewyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They'll upload the patch and take their time to review everything. That's what i think that will happen. Especially considering it's going to be tough on the reviewers for the last part that was rushed.

arkhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
even some of the reviewed string is still a mess, i dont think its a good idea to make the translation public

u8hRR3m.png

i just hope they'll continue working on this patch with a proper translator, i dont mind waiting

Last edited by arkhaze,

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pls don't use japanese honorific, really don't wanna see "Soma-senpai" "Paylor-sama" and others weeaboo things like that
Even though honorifics are part of Japanese language and have nothing to do with weeaboos ...
i don't think it would be cool to use them , they're a bit lame tbh ... Soma-senpai xDDD

Reactions: Atlas_Noire

Radwan126

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I second this. Just leave the honorifics like -sama, -san or -kun in the voices. Don't include them in the subs.
Actually i don't remember the game had any honorifics other than -kun right ? even kun is so rare
they usually call them "Nana" "Julius" "Ceil" and so on

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually i don't remember the game had any honorifics other than -kun right ? even kun is so rare
they usually call them "Nana" "Julius" "Ceil" and so on
I can remember some characters who use honorifics in the game. Dr. Sakaki, Licca and Emil use -kun for most characters, while some characters like Alisa, Kanon and Hibari use -san, or Nana who uses -senpai or -chan in some occasions. Either way, since English is a completely different language than Japanese, I think its just better to leave out the honorifics.

Reactions: Radwan126

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle