Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

AnimeisAwesome7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dizo Kotoma 1.01? We aren't even close to 1.0 yet, give us time to iron this out.

I'm glad everyone is so thrilled about this, and I am happy to see this crowd-effort being such an success.

At this moment I'm still reworking the respacker utility, merging in my bz2 unpacker utility (which I kept separate up to this point).
This will allow us to skip one (visible) step in the unpacking / repacking later.

I will also see that noname gets a copy of the PMF files of the game, so he can give the movie subtitles / remastering a go.

Its nearly 6AM in the morning now, time to call it a day... I've been working on this far too long today already.
Good night guys!

PS. Is there an interest in fandubbing this game? Or should we keep it sub-only?
All the voice files (and I mean that, really) are nicely separated into single skit AT3 files... if we really wanted to we could probably dub this thing entirely.

It should be kept Sub only it sounds better overall and it more realistic and authentic to the actual game.

Vantar Panzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just love this!!! I been expecting this for a long time. I can believe it will be real soon, thanks a lot for doing this! I only know English but if i can help you in any way let me know!

GeloJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you very much for all the work you guys are doing, i been expecting this for a long time, sorry if I'm being very rude for asking this question but...
How long to finish the patch? im desperate :lol::lol:

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very cool! Thank you guys for doing this! I played the first one and loved it. Can't wait to try this one too!

shinenyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I would say that while a dub seems pretty good, that should go after releasing the first patch. Dubs will take a while after all.

I do not know how you would go about subbing battle voices after all, so yeah, a dub doesn't seem that bad, but it's hard, and it for sure isn't really required although because of things like the Operator it will be much more useful than in GeB for example.

soluuloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to understand what they say during the cutscenes, it's best to sub the hell out of it aka anime sub-style. Simple, no need for dubbing. Especially when I want to hear the original cute voices instead of some random dudes's voice.

Blacktard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you want to understand what they say during the cutscenes, it's best to sub the hell out of it aka anime sub-style. Simple, no need for dubbing. Especially when I want to hear the original cute voices instead of some random dudes's voice.
This. Agreed with this.

If you guys want to do dubs, please makes it 2 version of it. One with subs only, and the other with dubs. The japanese voice are recorded from famous voice actor, don't change it. Please let the japanese voice intact. I beg of you.

NoG@meNoFuture

Trophies
XP
Country
A week or two? this thing could get months to be completed! :wacko:
I mean there are 700+ resource file with buttloads of lines to be translated, and i even found many lines that weren't even translated with english words!!!
the current progress is 82% translated and only 5% reviewed. so unless you found a pack of translator that understands japanese completely, don't event hope this will be over quickly:hateit:
YES!!! i was searching a lot just to find translation projects in this on that is actually doin it and it is already on 80% Thank a lot ill try my best to find reviewers in my anime group site for it. THANKS TO YOU ALL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IM a NEW COMER THOUGH

devnoname120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Videos will be subbed, most likely using the official subtitling system (God Eater Burst players will know).
If we ever dub them (which is unlikely to happen), we will leave you the choice in the patching tool.

By the way, we are unsure whether the dialogs in the videos are already on Transifex or not. Could someone who understands Japanese listen to the videos (especially tutorials), and see if the text is available on Transifex? Thank you for your help.

As usual, please guys advertize this project in as many locations as possible, most importantly on translation forums, and anime/fan communities. The more attention we draw to this project, the faster it will be completed.

Reactions: FuryTomic

Darke Wolfe

Trophies
XP
Country
so i am a fan of the game and im stcuk in the jpn version (can't porgress on the story) will this project be complete soon or can u release a half patched game pls????

P.S. I love wat you're doing keep up the good work ;-]

NoG@meNoFuture

Trophies
XP
Country
HEy guys how the project goin? are we still nanna do a fan dub?
realy would like it if we stick to havin the original voice though... anyways keep up the good work thanks.

3DSfan2671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coldbird leading the project doesn't inspire me with confidence.
I bet he'll suddenly cancel the project and abruptly disappear for no reason again, like he did on PSP2i translation.

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Coldbird leading the project doesn't inspire me with confidence.
I bet he'll suddenly cancel the project and abruptly disappear for no reason again, like he did on PSP2i translation.
What are you betting exactly? Cuz I'd like to earn some easy money!

Vernacularity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys need translators that know Japanese I may as well try contacting my cousin working in Japan to translate some of these

boulderdash

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi. First I would like to say that I am really excited to see this game being translated. Second I am wondering how long will it take for the first patch version to come out? Will it be finished this year (by december)? Any speculations?

Reactions: FuryTomic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1