Give me a reason to keep my Amazon Prime Subscription.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i signed up for Amazon student some months ago (free) and they said if i didn't cancel they would charge me $50 when it was up for the next subscription cycle (i think). Well I couldn't be assed to remember and forgot again so they charged me a special student deal of $50 for prime. (For people who read my Status updates, I did this once with a free trial and forgot to cancel but got my money back). The 6 months I've had Amazon Student only included free 2 day shipping (which I fucking adored even though I buy like 10 things from amazon a year) but since the deadline passed and I didn't cancel, I get access to all of prime now. I havent bought anything so I should still be able to cancel and get my money back but Im wondering... what are some good benefits of prime? Is it worth it?

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are my Amazon Prime Benefits. I love the 2 day shipping. The instant video idk, since I watch shit illegally over third party sites so I don't know whats the big deal? Prime Music, can you download the music to say itunes and keep it? I dont have a lot of photos to store. I'm never awake or rarely aware of Amazon lightning deals anyway. I don't own a kindle. I love the same day release shit for games but I don't buy games that much and never through amazon so...

Someone, anyone, sell me the idea of an Amazon Prime Lifestyle.

Amazon prime.JPG

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are my Amazon Prime Benefits. I love the 2 day shipping. The instant video idk, since I watch shit illegally over third party sites so I don't know whats the big deal? Prime Music, can you download the music to say itunes and keep it? I dont have a lot of photos to store. I'm never awake or rarely aware of Amazon lightning deals anyway. I don't own a kindle. I love the same day release shit for games but I don't buy games that much and never through amazon so...

Someone, anyone, sell me the idea of an Amazon Prime Lifestyle.

View attachment 16809
Honestly you pretty much answered your question. I personally won't do it myself

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had a nice flow of income from a job, sure, I enjoyed it, but when I was unemployed, I had to cancel the Prime membership to get the $50 I needed so badly. Not sure if I'll do it again.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why you feel entitled for us to convince you to waste $50 on Amazon Prime.
If you don't want the benefits, the option is clear, you shouldn't need opinions from kids on a forum.

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm conflicted, I might keep it only because of the 2 day shipping. Next semester it'll come in handy when i need books quick I might check out the Prime Video. Is prime compatible with google chromecast or are they dicks and limit it to amazon video?
The reason Im asking you all is because I constantly hear how "Amazing" and "Such a good bargain" Amazon prime is while I myself feel like Im missing something. Its like someone describing to you the beauty of a van gogh painting but all you see are brown smudges

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm conflicted, I might keep it only because of the 2 day shipping. Next semester it'll come in handy when i need books quick I might check out the Prime Video. Is prime compatible with google chromecast or are they dicks and limit it to amazon video?
The reason Im asking you all is because I constantly hear how "Amazing" and "Such a good bargain" Amazon prime is while I myself feel like Im missing something. Its like someone describing to you the beauty of a van gogh painting but all you see are brown smudges
Amazon Prime is great if you plan on purchasing at least one item from Amazon every month. Obviously, the more you buy, the better of a deal it becomes. But, the other benefits are rather meh. Prime Music sucks if you don't listen to mainstream stuff (there's a ton of metal that I would like to listen to but they don't offer). Prime photos is useless. If you're like me, you've probably seen all of the old tv shows that you want to watch, so being able to stream them is useless. The free movies are nice, but not every movie in their library is free.

So, basically, if you don't see yourself getting your money's worth, don't bother. Prime can be great for some people but a waste for others.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a wonderful world we live in where no one can make their own decisions without first consulting a bunch of random strangers on the internet for advice on what would be better.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not buying anything regularly, it'd be dumb to keep paying for it. It'd be like paying for Netflix when you don't watch movies or television shows for months at a time.
Yes I know people do this and justify it with "it's only $8 lol", but they're the same people complaining about not having money when they need it. Don't be that person.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a wonderful world we live in where no one can make their own decisions without first consulting a bunch of random strangers on the internet for advice on what would be better.

Shit Gbatemp is 99% "Should I buy flashcart A or B", "Help me do X", etc. The other 1 percent is The new Gbatemp Twitch channel.

DaggerV07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep Amazon prime between the two day shipping and reduced price on auto commodity shipping each month. It pays for itself at the very least.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
How does that work since it's one account? A public computer for everyone in the building?
And you all have your own payment options too?

We pay cash to the manager- he also used his "share prime" feature with 3 others, so we go to those three.
Its really a nice system, and no this apartment does not have more than 50 people.
One guy has something shipped every other week.
Totally worth it for those guys.
We all contribute $5 a year for the services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative