Girlfriend Deletes WOW Characters, Dude Destroys Computer

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnLoco said:
Are you guys having a real discussion about this? It's a game, it is NOTHING.

Compare this situation to the opression in Gaza, hell compare it to a snowflake falling down from the sky. Everything is more important then this dudes character.
Go ahead and delete what you enjoy the most on your free time, like GBAtemp?, and say it is nothing. :/

QUOTE(Hatsune Miku @ Jun 11 2010, 08:43 PM) "HOORAY! I JUST LOST MY GF BECAUSE SHE BETRAY MY TRUST!!!"
dry.gif
Fix. :/

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for the dude. That's probably months, if not years, of his life gone. The girl's a bitch; if she was tired of him playing WoW, she could have just dumped him, not pulled a bitch move. Vid seems kinda fake though.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
SylvWolf said:
I feel bad for the dude. That's probably months, if not years, of his life gone. The girl's a bitch; if she was tired of him playing WoW, she could have just dumped him, not pulled a bitch move. Vid seems kinda fake though.

Exactly. A relationship can either work on it, or one person can move on. It's like...working to get a master's degree, and then someone goes and erases your school records. Granted, that has more of an impact on life, but how you'll feel at that exact moment will be the same. I don't play, but yeah.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys realize that blizzard can undo deleted characters if you ask within a decent amount of time (no later then a month or two...i forget). They do this so people who "quit" and delete their shit like morons can begin playing (and paying) again.

So he basically raped his monitor for something he could fix in like 3 days.

He better have demanded a lot of makeup sex. His girlfriend sounded pretty hot.

Though I think she did him a favor, now he can move on to a good MMO.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
No way is this real, there'd be more shouting before throwing a strop like that, the dialog at the beginning sounds forced and the camera could've been knocked over . I'm secretly surprised by how many of you are falling for this
unsure.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Psyfira said:
No way is this real, there'd be more shouting before throwing a strop like that, the dialog at the beginning sounds forced and the camera could've been knocked over . I'm secretly surprised by how many of you are falling for this
unsure.gif

I'm surprised you pretended that you believed what you just said
The dialogue didn't sound forced at all, just quiet.

You have no idea where the camera was placed. He didn't go near it, so why would it be knocked over? Even it it was knocked over, that'd still be part of his rage-reaction. It'd probably look a LOT more fake if it did get knocked over actually, because it's a random place for him to send his anger.

It showed her deleting his characters, clear as day. It even showed him logged in with a fuckton of people around. His reaction was also believable. He logged on, saw one character went "wtf?", relogged, checked his realm, and saw his characters still gone..and it took him a few seconds to realize someone deleted his characters.

It's pretty common for girlfriends, or hell sometimes boyfriends, to delete their partners characters due to neglect. Honestly if someone is a WoWfreak, they should date another WoWfreak...or this happens.

People don't always yell when they rage. I don't. I can smash things and not alert anyone, but if I yell...i've just pissed off my entire household, so it's stupid to do (when i'm mad, I don't want to be bothered). There are lots of people who think similarly.

Stop pretending to have superior detective skills, or at least, make sure your points are somewhat valid before you post.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
SylvWolf said:

Exactly. A relationship can either work on it, or one person can move on. It's like...working to get a master's degree, and then someone goes and erases your school records. Granted, that has more of an impact on life, but how you'll feel at that exact moment will be the same. I don't play, but yeah.
agreed , i also believe eye for an eye concept
so........ trash her social account

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
I'm surprised you pretended that you believed what you just said.
The dialogue didn't sound forced at all, just quiet.

You have no idea where the camera was placed. He didn't go near it, so why would it be knocked over? Even it it was knocked over, that'd still be part of his rage-reaction. It'd probably look a LOT more fake if it did get knocked over actually, because it's a random place for him to send his anger.

It showed her deleting his characters, clear as day. It even showed him logged in with a fuckton of people around. His reaction was also believable. He logged on, saw one character went "wtf?", relogged, checked his realm, and saw his characters still gone..and it took him a few seconds to realize someone deleted his characters.

It's pretty common for girlfriends, or hell sometimes boyfriends, to delete their partners characters due to neglect. Honestly if someone is a WoWfreak, they should date another WoWfreak...or this happens.

People don't always yell when they rage. I don't. I can smash things and not alert anyone, but if I yell...i've just pissed off my entire household, so it's stupid to do (when i'm mad, I don't want to be bothered). There are lots of people who think similarly.

Stop pretending to have superior detective skills, or at least, make sure your points are somewhat valid before you post.
Yeah, that was a pretty crap argument on my part wasn't it? I've just re-watched it with headphones on and there's more in the dialogue/sound than I noticed the first time around so sorry for pissing you off like that.

I still think it's staged though.
smile.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is staged. It was done on the Public Test Realm where you can have transferred copies of your real characters. Including all the stuff in their bags/bank and gold.

Someone confirmed that it was staged, because you can see the PvP/PvE designation of the test realm in the login screen when she enters the delete confirmation. Though it's not high enough resolution to see the name of the realm, live realms do not distinguish between PvP or PvE on the login screen. That part I know is a fact.

There are always other people playing around in the cities on the PTR's because they're talking in chat only accessible from cities, trying to organize raids or discussing test content/bugs or trolling.

Besides. Every serious WoW player knows that no person with 3-4 different level 80's has only 3-4 characters.
I have 4 80's and I have TWO accounts with a total of 20 characters on my primary server. Some of them are just to hold on to names, some of them are alts I made to play with friends, try out other classes, etc.. and some of them are alts of the same class on the other faction.
For the record, I've quit WoW about 4 times since I started playing in Spring of 2006, what that means is I've had WoW since almost a year before the first expansion came out. My last "quit" was in mid-march, but my friend wanted to start playing it when he finally got a Windows computer after 14 years of Linux (not kidding) so I started another character in my final free slot on my only active account with a free month from recruiting him. I think I've only been on WoW about 6 hours total since the "quit" in march though.

As far as restoration goes, I have actually done that myself once and it took 10 days but that was in 2006. I didn't actually delete my character though, it had been robbed & my gear disenchanted*.
I have had several friends do it more recently and though they've sped up the process a little bit, it's case by case.
The first friend literally had his account hacked by a chinese company that keylogged him and when they found he had so much wealth/materials they actually transferred his max-level characters to other servers, which I was the first to notice, and I actually phoned him at midnight risking upsetting his roommates because I knew something was wrong. Because I caught it so fast, and he was able to report it so quickly, they were actually able to track things and reveal to him what company had ripped him off based on their traffic logs. It took about a week to have everything recovered completely.
The second friend has deleted his max level warrior like 3 times. The first was the longest, he actually left it deleted for half a year to a year before he asked that it be recovered, and it took a while, but they did do it. Unfortunately because it had been gone for so long it was returned to him with zero items, except for his equipped bags. Then it gets less and less interesting so I'll stop there.

* disenchanted in this context doesn't mean that my gear had come to the realization it shouldn't be worn or something. it actually means that it was destroyed/processed for a valuable material.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JohnLoco said:

Compare this situation to the opression in Gaza, hell compare it to a snowflake falling down from the sky. Everything is more important then this dudes character.
You don't have a hobby, do you? I suggest you find one.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p5100pc3 said:
Fake or not, it's kinda stupid to trash a perfectly working monitor....some people just have too much money to burn!

The girl who submitted the video won 400 or 500 dollars. I can't remember where I read it but thats over twice the value of an LCD of that size.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even if it's fake or not, do people understand that they are posting ridiculous videos of them where the whole planet can see it ?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JohnLoco said:

Poor John,

You lack the ability to reason. A famous philosophy idea is that the ideology of objects are more real then the actual physical being of objects. If you are going to make the argument such that "Everything is more important then this dudes character.", then you are going to have to at least provide premises to support your conclusion. One counter example to your claim, tying in with that philosophical idea, if we lived in such a reality where damage can only be done by physical non fictional objects, then that would imply people can't be hurt by stuff like seen in the video. However, that is a contradiction given that people do indeed get hurt over said actions.

I've actually ran through a number of contradictions of different ways to completely make your claim justifiably false. The problem is not that your claim is obviously an opinion, it's more over the fact that you didn't bother to support it (if it could be supported with premises)

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
JohnLoco said:

Poor John,

You lack the ability to reason. A famous philosophy idea is that the ideology of objects are more real then the actual physical being of objects. If you are going to make the argument such that "Everything is more important then this dudes character.", then you are going to have to at least provide premises to support your conclusion. One counter example to your claim, tying in with that philosophical idea, if we lived in such a reality where damage can only be done by physical non fictional objects, then that would imply people can't be hurt by stuff like seen in the video. However, that is a contradiction given that people do indeed get hurt over said actions.

I've actually ran through a number of contradictions of different ways to completely make your claim justifiably false. The problem is not that your claim is obviously an opinion, it's more over the fact that you didn't bother to support it (if it could be supported with premises)
Importance is a subjective human concept. Your argument seems to be assuming that objects have an objective importance. The reason his claim is obviously an opinion is because importance is an opinion.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sprogurt said:
lulz, but seriously...have you ever tried being around anyone whilst they play WOW? they turn into a manquin and only talk to their online "friends"...Good on her i say.
Anyone who is playing it while their RL friends are around is an addict, even I don't do that.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bently said:
If i were that dude, I would be really pissed off at Blizzard not the computer, but then again I don't (or ever have) play WOW.
But this video looks really staged :/. I mean he only destroyed the monitor, what about the computer itself? The video only cuts off when
the dude smashs the monitor. I guess we were never meant to see the rest x).
How can anyone be pissed off at Blizzard? They can't authorize character deletion, the user is the one who does it and the game just asks you if you want to delete the character, they can't and won't recover it for anyone if it happens, otherwise they would be putting more pressure on their Game Masters and the department that has to deal with all the issues that go on every day. It's bad enough that they are handling thousands of account hacking issues every single day, that added on top of game bugs and customer complaints would just kill their response time to anything. And really, they couldn't give two shits about people's RL problems. If you are dumb enough to give your password to another person, you deserve whatever comes to you.

QUOTE(JohnLoco @ Jun 11 2010, 09:39 PM) Are you guys having a real discussion about this? It's a game, it is NOTHING.

You are an idiot. WoW characters to many of the die hard players, myself included, is a sentimental thing. People put hours upon end over years of time, money and effort to get their characters to where they are. Come back and say that when you have over 100 days worth of hours played on just one character and are in an end game raiding guild clearing content like me, if my account ever got hacked or my character deleted I would be fucking furious because of all the time and effort I have put into my main character, and having 4 alts as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap