Girlfriend Deletes WOW Characters, Dude Destroys Computer

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
the user is the one who does it and the game just asks you if you want to delete the character, they can't and won't recover it for anyone if it happens

They do recover the characters. Just go look on the forums they do it all the time. Also most people who get keylogged get their characters restored. My friend got 2 characters restored last month and he even said he deleted them on purpose.

I don't why you said that if it was fact when it's not.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thegame07 said:
All he had to do was contact blizzard they keep all the info of deleted characters...
No they don't, they don't keep that stuff on file at all since it's saved on the server. Once the character is deleted from the account, it is deleted from the server and Armory database.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
thegame07 said:
All he had to do was contact blizzard they keep all the info of deleted characters...
No they don't, they don't keep that stuff on file at all since it's saved on the server. Once the character is deleted from the account, it is deleted from the server and Armory database.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...12205&sid=1

Can get you 1000 more if you want! And no it's not only europe it restore characters. You seriously think blizzard use the armoury for logs? they have their own independent chat/loot logs. Also according to you if blizzards servers fucked up which can happen they don't have back ups? Now that is just being silly.

So my friend waved his magic wand and restored his characters himself?

Hi Kasarah,

In most cases we are able to restore deleted characters, as long as you are not regularly deleting lots of characters.

If you delete all of the Horde characters on that server, and submit a ticket to request your alliance character restored, we will be able to do so. Please note that it will be restored in the same state that it was deleted: i.e. if you sold your equipment first, the character will be naked
wink.gif
Quote from a blizzard gm

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...862&sid=1#1

Don't know why your trying to correct me when you clearly don't know what you where saying is fact.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
sprogurt said:
lulz, but seriously...have you ever tried being around anyone whilst they play WOW? they turn into a manquin and only talk to their online "friends"...Good on her i say.
Anyone who is playing it while their RL friends are around is an addict, even I don't do that.

Are you saying that because you play privately you're not an addict? I don't understand the purpose of your assertion.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
DSGamer64 said:
sprogurt said:
lulz, but seriously...have you ever tried being around anyone whilst they play WOW? they turn into a manquin and only talk to their online "friends"...Good on her i say.
Anyone who is playing it while their RL friends are around is an addict, even I don't do that.

Are you saying that because you play privately you're not an addict? I don't understand the purpose of your assertion.

Hehe, yeah, you could just not have real life friends
tongue.gif
!

As to.............sprogurt: Yeah, you shouldn't play when people are around (unless you live with them, of course, and even then limit yourself), but have you ever tried being around someone whist they play any video game? Any book? Anything that takes concentration? They turn into "mannequins" and only have any interaction with the characters in what they are doing.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
Hehe, yeah, you could just not have real life friends
tongue.gif
!

As to.............sprogurt: Yeah, you shouldn't play when people are around (unless you live with them, of course, and even then limit yourself), but have you ever tried being around someone whist they play any video game? Any book? Anything that takes concentration? They turn into "mannequins" and only have any interaction with the characters in what they are doing.
I certainly didn't mean it like that
tongue.gif

and as for the latter part, yeah. When I'm reading/posting these forums or wikipedia or mmo-champion or when i'm watching my favorite show on television (and it's not on a commercial) my boyfriend has to actually interfere with me somehow to get my sincere attention.
One of the reasons I gave up WoW (this time) was because I'm temporarily living with my mother and it made me feel horrible to be unable to greet her when she gets home from a hard work day without disrupting a raid. It's not the main reason, but it was definite reinforcement that I was making a bad habit of something that was bad for my state of being.

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JohnLoco said:
Are you guys having a real discussion about this? It's a game, it is NOTHING.

Compare this situation to the opression in Gaza, hell compare it to a snowflake falling down from the sky. Everything is more important then this dudes character.

A controversial philosophical idea states that the only think you can be sure exists is your mind, everything else could all be in your imagination or otherwise. But still...it is a bit of an over the top reaction to losing some save data, start over, no need to destroy the monitor. It didn't do anything, it was only followind orders! If anything smash a blizzard server.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ghostcrawler said:
Rofl.. that was pretty funny. All he had to do was ticket blizz and they would have restored his characters.

Even if it was real I didn't think it was funny but maybe I'm just too old to find humor in it. I've had internet access for ~14 years, and I've already seen people break stuff before, even IRL.
It's already proven to be staged though, jeez.

ca_michelbach said:
QUOTE(JohnLoco @ Jun 12 2010, 02:39 AM) Are you guys having a real discussion about this? It's a game, it is NOTHING.

Compare this situation to the opression in Gaza, hell compare it to a snowflake falling down from the sky. Everything is more important then this dudes character.

A controversial philosophical idea states that the only think you can be sure exists is your mind, everything else could all be in your imagination or otherwise. But still...it is a bit of an over the top reaction to losing some save data, start over, no need to destroy the monitor. It didn't do anything, it was only followind orders! If anything smash a blizzard server.

It's impossible to start over in wow and achieve the same thing because WoW has changed dramatically since it went live, and even changed dramatically since the last expansion went live. It may be possible to start over in wow and achieve the same gear but that's certainly not the same. It doesn't matter though, because if it was real, his characters could be restored (they do restore your characters regardless of whether or not it happened maliciously or accidentally) it would just take time and he could lose his position in a raiding guild for being absent. But it's fake anyway, it happened on a temporary realm called a public test realm where your real characters can be copied.

edit: wtf, i used my 300th post to talk about WoW. -.-

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exangel said:
DSGamer64 said:
sprogurt said:

No, I am saying that I don't play it in front of my friends because none of them play and they don't really care anyway. The only people who would want to see you play it and hear about it constantly are those who actually play the game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmfao, that was hella funny. I cracked up really badly.

I couldn't believe he destroyed his computer, just for a stupid game.

EDIT: I want to see the conclusion of this drastic event!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:

The conclusion: They staged it very well, and weren't caught until after the girl who submitted it won prize money in an amount much greater than the value of the broken monitor.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When your hooked on this game you have absolutely no life at all! South Park was right. I can go into greater details why I hate this game but it will take awhile to bitch about it.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't play the game if you're gonna become addicted. No reason to hate the game because some no life fat ass loser can't get it together because of this game. That's like me hating Mario 64 because I used to play that game non stop when I was younger.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't find WOW all that great and who knows, maybe he was mistreating or ignoring her. I can do the same stuff on wow in another game for a cheaper price. anyway, I've had that done to me before by an ex, but it wasn't WOW, he called me and told me, so I went to his house while he was at work, grabed a nail, and scratched the back of all of his 360 games.

Good luck for her, but he was stupid to ruin his monitor for a game people ruin their lives over. There's a huge difference between nerd and slacker with no life.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The girls are finally destroying stuff I personally think it's funny and I personally think If you have a girlfriend pay attention to her and make sure you have the same interest as her or it won't work out trust me on this one because what you've seen proves how relationships work. Only a couple of thing I want to say if you know what your getting into don't even bother with them or try to change them if you like them try talking to them if they don't budge then ditch them. I have a friend that gives other WoW buddies his personal information he told me this before I know it's fucking nuts. Who agrees with me that is fucking nuts to give away his personal information to other players and I love spilling stuff he actually has a girlfriend that he met plays this game they actually met in person and I'm telling the truth. Leave comments on your thoughts on what I said.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exangel said:
I am r4ymond said:

The conclusion: They staged it very well, and weren't caught until after the girl who submitted it won prize money in an amount much greater than the value of the broken monitor.

Two words: Holy Fuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0