GI.Biz: The Rise and Fall of Sony

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Fibrizo, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2012
  1. soulx
    This message by soulx has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 3, 2016.
    Jun 2, 2012
  2. Fibrizo
    OP

Banned Fibrizo Not Valwin

United States
    i guess it really is over for Vita somehow it fail more that the PSP we talk about it doing bad but when it actually happen your never ready to handle is a sad day in deed

From a third-party perspective the PSP was never a great success
    so true

flawed ergonomic design
    so true

Sony had gone down the path of a non-pocket sized device problem that the PSP suffered from - it wasn't portable, it was a platform for the home on the couch
    be saying size day 1 good to see someone that was in sony SAYING THIS

The PSP was successful in Japan, continued to be successful and even now has been shown to actually outsell the newer machine
    sad really to see the vita been outsell by the psp

And without IP as perennial as Nintendo, it's truly difficult to see how the Vita can be made relevant in today's market.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Remember, soulx isn't a Nintendo fanboy at all.

This article is more full of crap than my septic system.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fibrizo
    OP

United States
    this former Sony Exec is doing a good thing is time for sony to wake up

5. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    lol, so true.

The internet is full of these types of article about microsfot/sony/nintendo. A nintendo fanboys just decided to put this article on a pedestal to express this fanboyism.

6. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I think you're just butthurt. This has nothing to do with me being a Nintendo fanboy or not. ;)

If you actually read the article, it has tons of valid points.

7. Guild McCommunist

United States
    Hey Valwin, I really don't take anything you say seriously. I'll just pretend like you're banned since you should be at this point.

The article is absolutely retarded. If the Vita isn't portable then how do I magically play it in school or magically fit it into my pocket? Same with the PSP, especially the PSP Go (which was a flop but still the most portable and ergonomic system in years).

You post this article and go "don't start a flame war!" and you know damn well it will. Seriously, grow up.

3 people like this.
  8. soulx

Canada
    Yeah, that's only part of the article.

There are other relevant points regarding the PS2 and PS3. It's not about starting a flamewar but rather discussing Sony's current presence in the videogame market, what they can do to succeed and the mistakes they're making. It's a simple discussion. I don't think you've noticed but there are plenty of positive points regarding Sony in the article if that makes you feel better.

But wait, all Sony threads on GBAtemp are immediately flamebait, right?

9. Fibrizo
    OP

United States
    i can fit a rock in my pocket in no way it mean is portable

10. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    Only when Nintendo fanboys help stir the pot. It's sodding annoying. This has been going on for what, a year or two now? Enough with the damn bickering. Grow up already, guys.

Hi Valwin. Nice to see you around, again.

11. Guild McCommunist

United States
    It'll damn well start a flame war, the whole fucking article is calling Sony arrogant and generally throwing shit at them. You're not retarded, you have at least some sense, did you seriously expect that posting an article like this would just result in some coffee table conversation? Of course not. You posted this because you're a fanboy. You absolutely are. You tried saying you weren't one, then went on to say you're "slightly biased", now you've just gone over the edge.

I had respect for you, I gave a crap at one point what you thought, and even when you started showing your true colors, you had your redeeming moments. But forget it. You're just as much of a yahoo as I thought.

The whole article bashes Sony for some absolute crap and then just goes "But Nintendo is better!" with a little "hint-hint-wink-wink-nudge-nudge". I own a PS One, a PS2, a PSP (well I used to have a 1000 now I have a Go), and I'm now on a Vita. I can tell from personal experience that not a lot of this is true. The PS3 does well. The PSP did well. The Vita, it's off to a rough start, but time will tell. This article is absolute crap and if I pulled the same bullshit here on some "Nintendo is dying!" article you'd be calling the same shit I am right now.

My ignore list grows a little bit larger today.

12. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
  13. Fibrizo
    OP

United States

why not just stop calling him a fanboy and instead move towards discussing the valid point of the topic?

14. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    Because he is, and a delusional one at that, it's like saying, "stop calling the 3DS a 3DS".

15. Fibrizo
    OP

United States

lest just stop soul is not saying anything this is all bee say by a former sony exec so lest discuss it

16. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    6 pages, twelve warnings, one banning and two mental breakdowns.

2 people like this.
  17. soulx

Canada
    The whole article does not call Sony arrogant. You're just taking certain parts and thinking that it applies to the whole article. If you actually clicked the link and read it, you would see that the ending is about how Sony can fix their current mistakes and a bunch of potential solutions. The guy who wrote the article worked at Sony so I think his opinion is relevant.

I don't see how this is going over the edge. It's supposed to bring on a discussion. If you think the article is complete bullshit, then you should have said so by debunking the points rather than delving into personal attacks. I haven't even given my stance on the article (which I don't completely agree with it) so I don't see why you're getting so mad.

The article hardly mentions Nintendo. It spoke of how Sony dominated Nintendo in the PS1/2 era. When it does mention Nintendo, it's about how they have their IPs to help them in the handheld market. The PS3 cost Sony a ton of money and is only now doing well. The PSP did decent in Japan which he acknowledged. Personal experience can't compare to facts.

In fact, you're derailing the discussion right now with these attacks regarding me being a fanboy. Stop bitching about this and just discuss the article.

1 person likes this.
  18. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    emigre just became the Abed of GBAtemp.

19. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Stop plagiarizing so much soulx ffs.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.