Ghost of Tsushima 18 minute gameplay reveal

SQUARE.jpg

Yesterday's PlayStation State of Play was all about the upcoming PS4 exclusive; Ghost of Tsushima.
Developer Suckerpunch showed 18 minutes of the open-world samurai/shinobi hybrid action game. Check it out below:

Ghosts of Tsushima was originally meant to release in June but has been delayed until July 17th.

:arrow: Ghost of Tsushima Official Site

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was worried this was going to be a re-tread of Sekiro, but that combat style is vastly different and it seems like the tension isn't ratcheted up so high while you're just out exploring. Looking forward to it, very pretty environments and very nice animations.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Shrines not featuring puzzles
- No free-climbing
- Apparently no environmental combat

This is is the Breath of the Wild sequel I asked for.

Jokes aside, it kinda has its graphics going for it, but since we're at the edge of a console generation, some of the graphics looked outdated already. Like the statues they showed at the beginning.

Combat-wise it doesn't offer anything I'd get excited about.

That's not to say that it is trash, just that it's not my cup of tea. I wasn't interested when I watched the video and actually expected worse, tbh.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Jokes aside, it kinda has its graphics going for it, but since we're at the edge of a console generation, some of the graphics looked outdated already. Like the statues they showed at the beginning.
Odds are it'll be optimized for PS5, though, assuming it doesn't have a PS5-specific re-release. And then there's always the chance it's only exclusive for a year before it comes to PC.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet another PS4 exclusive that i'm not interested in... it's actually sad really, everyone praises these games like they're amazing and revolutionary but i just can't seem to find anything in it that makes me want to instantly play it
maybe i just don't get it?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Something truly revolutionary is rare. Change in most things comes incrementally, ideas typically evolve bit by bit whether it's games, culture, fiction or anything else. The game builds on ideas that we've seen before but it executes them well and combines them in new ways, that's what makes it look good.

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The wind/animal guiding system is brilliant and should replace waypoints in a lot of games.
This video piqued by curiosity.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was initially excited for this game but this reveal was a huge disappointment for me. It looks so cookie-cutter. Besides the setting and the few gimmicks like the wind and animals to guide you I don't see anything that makes this game unique. This reveal just seemed to go through and tick off all the open world game design tropes we've seen a hundred times before.

Maybe I'm just tired of open world games. I've always preferred linear.

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.