'Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut' launches next month; includes PS5-specific enhancements

got dc.JPG

Sucker Punch Productions announced today that a new version of their game, Ghost of Tsushima, will launch soon. Launching on both PS4 and PS5, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut will include the original game, all additional content released to date as well as a brand-new adventure for Jin in Iki Island.

While the new adventure will be available on both PS4 and PS5, the PS5 version will include some additional features across the whole game. It will fix lip sync for Japanese voice over thanks to the console's ability to render cinematics in real time. The PS5's 3D audio and its controller's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers will be put to use in the Director’s Cut. There will also be improved load times, 4K resolution options and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

Players will also be able to transfer their saves from the PS4 to the PS5 and carry on where they left off.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut launches this August 20 for $69.99 USD on PS5 and $59.99 USD on PS4.

You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. Starting August 20, if you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD. You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

To read more about the additional features of this version, head to the PlayStation Blog in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans, , Reason: added pricing details

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I have to check it out my 4K TV provides HDR and etc..etc.. I was just amazed on how Tomb Raider was looking and overall my PS4 considering the screen was very crisp...

But I'm jumping from a 2013 1080p Vizio to a LG 4K TV lol so I can definitely see the difference.
I had a 1080p up till last year when I made the jump to 4k which mostly gets used by my PC. Difference from 1080p is noticable. But from 1440p gains are very minimal.

But I still have my PS5 hooked up to my old 1080p 60hz LCD lol and mostly game consoles on that. Go figure.

Reactions: Xzi and Goku1992A

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TV's you normally sit farther from so 1440p upscaled and 4k is hard to tell the difference.

Soon they'll use fsr and the difference will be even harder to tell.
Normally yeah. My 4K TV sits only a few inches behind my 1440p monitor though, with both my PC and PS5 hooked up to it, so it's generally easy to tell the difference between full res and half res.

Reactions: Goku1992A

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Sony had any sense they would've added a displayport (plus kept the optical out) to the back of the console and allowed instant access to high refresh rate gaming for the millions of people with monitors already. The whole 4k thing (and now 8k lol) is no where near as impressive yet everyone keeps obsessing over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    Lol I think there was some home brew
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tap to get bigger!
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tap to get bigger!