Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I assume GH3 and song hacks of it would use the same save file. So if I am correct how will saving on the hack affect the save file of my unhacked version? Will it delete my progress?

Erimgard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got some experience in this one- use quickplay or make a new career. The song you replaced will have it's score overwritten if you score higher on your custom song. For instance, I accidentally played Ride the Lightning in my normal (expert) career, and now I've got a 500+ thousand score in My Curse, which it replaced, which has an optimal score of 398,484. If I FC My Curse, it'll have gold stars and display the Ride the Lightning score.

So to save yourself this issue, play in a new career specifically for customs, or use an iso of a different region than your own, so it creates a new save file.

Or I suppose you could force it to make a new save, but I have no idea how to do that...

Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Erimgard said:
I've got some experience in this one- use quickplay or make a new career. The song you replaced will have it's score overwritten if you score higher on your custom song. For instance, I accidentally played Ride the Lightning in my normal (expert) career, and now I've got a 500+ thousand score in My Curse, which it replaced, which has an optimal score of 398,484. If I FC My Curse, it'll have gold stars and display the Ride the Lightning score.

So to save yourself this issue, play in a new career specifically for customs, or use an iso of a different region than your own, so it creates a new save file.

Or I suppose you could force it to make a new save, but I have no idea how to do that...
Cool thank you for the info. One is PAL so I am in the clear? But the other is NTSC-U so I just make a new career. Ok thank you for your help.

Erimgard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, being very precise;

On CosmoKramer's RB custom it saves to my NTSC save, since it's an NTSC game.
On the PAL GH2 Custom I have, it creates a new PAL save file, saving only to that, since my GH3 and Wii are NTSC.

Therefore I made a new career mode to play the RB custom and not affect my GH3 scores. (since, I, ya know... care about that sort of thing), but not for the GH2 custom, since there was no overlap for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...