Homebrew Getting my N3ds into top shape with cfw.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been out of the scene for sometime now, and my N3DS is using 11.0 Reinand. I was wondering if there was a way to autoboot my N3ds into reinand as soon as I start the system up? I don't have that A9hl or whatever thing, and I dont even know why a9hl is recommend so much. What are the features of it, and is it a must-have? Also whats the best CFW out there at the moment?

On a side note: Im upgrading my micro sd card to a larger size. Would I use this guide to transfer my emunand,games, and saves over, or is it an outdated guide?
> https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
Sorry for so many questions I just want to get my N3ds back into tip-top shape.

Thanks!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*gawks*
Did someone just ask a 3DS hacking question.... In the appropriate section?
You, sir, get a free answer. (Not that you shouldn't anyway :P)
Arm9loaderhax (NOT A9HL) is a boot time exploit that takes over the console right after the bootrom. In other words, perfect for what you want. It also makes bricks impossible unless you deliberately brick it, since it loads before the OS does.
You can install it with this guide.
As for the emuNAND transfer guide, you no longer need emuNAND: at the end of the guide you copy it to sysNAND, another benefit of A9LH. From there, you can just copy over all your files.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I plan on upgrading my micro SD card on Friday, so perhaps I will give arm9loaderhax a try. Do I just start over with my N3ds, as in hack it from scratch again? Do I do bring over my emunand to the new sd card? Or should I just follow the guide you linked me with my new sd card inserted into my n3ds? And I can just copy my folders over to the new sd card and my games and saves will be there?

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so I just went and looked through the guide. Doesn't look so bad..., but what does the chart with all the firmware's mean in Part 1: Decrypt9? In what part do I downgrade to 2.1.0? and when I open the browser to go to 1 of the 4 urls, I do this on sysnand correct?

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the particular guide I pointed you to. Since you already have CFW, that's where you should start.
Yes, this will happen on sysNAND.
Just go ahead and do it now with your old MSD, since you'll still have your emuNAND. At the end of the guide you transfer your emuNAND to sysNAND so you'll keep all your stuff.

viral777

mecha connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thanks. Sorry for the stupid questions. and I can update my firmware on sysnand through system settings at the end once everything is installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso