Homebrew Why is my sd card corrupting so much ?

hedoxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like said in the title, my sd card seems to malfunction a little bit too much. I've noticed it not working anymore when I was putting CIA files in the cias folder. I wonder if there's a link between the two but it got me scared of taking the sd card out of the console. Is there any tips, like, specificly for the 3ds for it not to corrupt ? It also got me to lose my saves and all the stuff and having to reinstall everything on multiple occasion.

💯💯💯

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Like said in the title, my sd card seems to malfunction a little bit too much. I've noticed it not working anymore when I was putting CIA files in the cias folder. I wonder if there's a link between the two but it got me scared of taking the sd card out of the console. Is there any tips, like, specificly for the 3ds for it not to corrupt ? It also got me to lose my saves and all the stuff and having to reinstall everything on multiple occasion.

💯💯💯
It could be a fake card, or it could just be worn out. SD cards don't last very long, and once they fail, you can experience random corruptions and other issues.
h2testw should be able to point out either case.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

💯💯💯
Definitely a fake or dying SD card. Backup everything on it and run H2TestW.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It actually come down to where and what people buy, I never got a card that failed h2testw from Amazon, since I always buy my SD card from Amazon.
I bought a genuine Samsung EVO dud from Amazon back in the days when 64GB cards were like $50 :(
It's possible that even a *usually* reputable brand can have a DOA product.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
It actually come down to where and what people buy, I never got a card that failed h2testw from Amazon, since I always buy my SD card from Amazon.
I don't think this is a good idea. From what I've heard Amazon pool all their products with those shipped in for Sold By Amazon, so you're just as likely to get a fake from Amazon as from Amazon Marketplace.

A credible independent retailer should be a safe bet. I buy from MyMemory and so far all products have been legit and as advertised.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this is a good idea. From what I've heard Amazon pool all their products with those shipped in for Sold By Amazon, so you're just as likely to get a fake from Amazon as from Amazon Marketplace.

A credible independent retailer should be a safe bet. I buy from MyMemory and so far all products have been legit and as advertised.

Havent got a fake one from Amazon yet.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've always bought my microSD cards from a legitimate retailer, Argos. SanDisk and Samsung are the best ones to use. If you're on a tight budget, and want to save a few pennies, use Kingston.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Since we're giving recommendations now: As far as cheap stuff goes, I've had nothing but good experiences with every Silicon Power micro SD card I've bought, and I've bought a lot of them.

Edit: It's also not as commonly faked as Samsung or SanDisk, so it's easier to buy confidently.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto