Getting Game Updates on old Firmware?

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, my PS5 is currently on 3.00 and am just wondering if I reconnect to the net can I still get update downloads for my installed games? And will the console try to update to latest firmware?

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nope sadly the ps5 will always try to update and you cant even access psn to update your games without the newest fw
I was a few firmware versions behind last year and still had game updates auto appear in my download section (I turned the connection off around the time of the news that PS5 was exploited in private) but this firmware is hella old now so I dunno hence why I made this thread asking.

I might try reconnect the PS5 to the net and see how it goes. If i see a firmware update pretty sure I can just cancel the download right?

Just annoying because I have many physical game that benefit from patches but limited HDD space.

Last edited by shano,

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wouldnt try it if it goes wrong you cant just ftp in and erase the update you probably will have to use the recoverymode

in my opinion even as a modding fanatic just use the ps5 normally the public exploit will still take a while to be released and atm you can only play ps4 fpkg´s with it + you can always buy a second ps5 when a full jb is released

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i wouldnt try it if it goes wrong you cant just ftp in and erase the update you probably will have to use the recoverymode

in my opinion even as a modding fanatic just use the ps5 normally the public exploit will still take a while to be released and atm you can only play ps4 fpkg´s with it + you can always buy a second ps5 when a full jb is released
Yeah true I mostly have PS4 games only own 2 PS5 physical games atm anyway (maybe a few digitally I forget) and mostly missed out on the PS4 era but have picked up most the good ones I want. Some the PS4 PRO/PS5 Upgrades on PS5 to the old games are nice.

I can cancel the Firmware Update before it finishes downloading I'm pretty sure. Is the FTP delete only required if it finished downloading on PS4?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if youre fast enough then yes you could cancel it and ftp would only be possible IF the ps5 was already exploitet but yes you would ftp in if the download has finished and not started the installation progress

and i had the same-ish problems as you when the ps4 9.00 jb hit the scene i could get my hands on a 3.20 ps5 but then i asked my self how can i get my 300+ ps4 games from psn without updating my consoles the sad truth is you "cant" (you could buy another ps4 or ask a friend to download/update your stuff on their console but both options are more ore less feasible for me)

so i made the decision to use the ps5 normally and like i said you can always buy a second ps5 when the scene is gotten bigger

shano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I connected the PS5 back online and am now updating games just fine. Just can't download any digital games I own any more. :(

I got the Firmware Update in my downloads and quickly deleted it but it just reappears and downloads again so I just have it on pause till i go back offline when the game updates are all done.

Serega_brn

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello friends, the text was typed by Google translator (I'm sorry for the mistakes right away)

My PS5 software is 21.01-03.00.38 (April 2021). Sometimes I connect my console to the Internet to download patches for ps4 games that I have on disk. PS5 update I just stop and delete. But with new games and patches, this cannot be done. PS5 asks to update the software before installing the patch. This has already happened in two games. Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077. I think there will be many more ps4 games that will receive new patches and we will not be able to install them unless we update the ps5 software

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends, the text was typed by Google translator (I'm sorry for the mistakes right away)

My PS5 software is 21.01-03.00.38 (April 2021). Sometimes I connect my console to the Internet to download patches for ps4 games that I have on disk. PS5 update I just stop and delete. But with new games and patches, this cannot be done. PS5 asks to update the software before installing the patch. This has already happened in two games. Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077. I think there will be many more ps4 games that will receive new patches and we will not be able to install them unless we update the ps5 software
Update to 4.03 via USB. I don't know if downloading updates using the store bug still works. 4.03 can play 9.03 games and updates, which right now is everything. There's a site for ps5 updates, so you can install them once a ps5 exploit is released and you probably already know about orbis patches.

Reactions: schatzi24

Arclite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to update Sackboy to 1.14 by using Rest Mode auto-download and install for games. Don't enable auto-download and update for system software! It's just for games. Check attached screenshots.

Your results may vary, I don't know for sure how much you need to leave the PS5 in Rest Mode for this to work.
If you have a downloaded update already, make sure to delete it and let it download again while in Rest Mode.

20220304125737.jpg

Attachments

• 20220304125838.jpg
    20220304125838.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 20220304130126.jpg
    20220304130126.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.