Hacking Getting an EZ-Flash 3-in-1

pokemonskool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering how exactly do I use an EZ-Flash 3 with my R4? Does the EZ-Flash use a Micro SD chip or do I download the roms on my R4 and load it with the EZ Flash 3. I just wanna get to know more about the EZ Flash 3 before I buy it.

pokemonskool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh cool. Thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are new to the exploader

run exploader
L will enable you to write to PSRAM - will not keep game once turned off
R will enable you to write to NOR Ram - will keep game once turned off

pokemonskool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Spaceman. Btw, how many games can the EZ Flash 3-in-1 hold at once? I've heard it can only hold 1 game, then afterwards I have to switch around files to play another.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3-in-1 has two different types of memory that it can use for running games: PSRAM (not to be confused with SRAM, which holds save data) and NOR flash memory.

It only takes seconds to load a game into PSRAM, but the data is gone when the power is turned off, so you have to load the game each time you want to play it. It takes a few minutes to load a big game into NOR, but once it's there it stays there even when the power is turned off or the cart is removed.

When the 3-in-1 was first released it could only run games from NOR (the PSRAM was for running the DS web browser, which requires a RAM cart), and you can only have one game in NOR at a a time. This is where the "only holds one game at a time" thing came from.

Once homebrew authors figured out how to run games from PSRAM that limitation became irrelevant. You can have as many games as your slot 1 cart can hold.

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote/destructobot "You can have as many games as your slot 1 cart can hold."
Theres your answer.

I think you were asking how many games can the "3-in-1" cart hold at any one time
and your answer is 1
Its very simple with exploader if you do want to play a diff game run exploader again backup your saves
(think it does it automatically anyway) and copy the new game over from your slot 1.

Have fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1