Hacking Getting a Wii next week

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a wii next week and I know nothing about it. (as opposed to how much I know about ds roms, homebrews and Such)
Do i flash it or chip it?
Homebrew channel, how does it works?
Good homebrews?
How to burn games to DVD and then only put the DVD in my wii to play it. (don't take me wrong, i almost only buy console games while pirate handheld but sometimes it's good to be able to try games before buying them)

is there some guides laying around on the wii forum that i can use?
Really need much help and common knowledge about everything for the Wii. I only know how to use it, play games, use VC and Wii shop.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
I'm getting a wii next week and I know nothing about it. (as opposed to how much I know about ds roms, homebrews and Such)
Do i flash it or chip it?
Homebrew channel, how does it works?
Good homebrews?
How to burn games to DVD and then only put the DVD in my wii to play it. (don't take me wrong, i almost only buy console games while pirate handheld but sometimes it's good to be able to try games before buying them)

is there some guides laying around on the wii forum that i can use?
Really need much help and common knowledge about everything for the Wii. I only know how to use it, play games, use VC and Wii shop.

1.) Not really flash, but softmod. Softmod is installing a bunch of things on the Wii for it to be enabled to run games off of HD's and such.
2.) Homebrew Channel is the main spot where you have to launch your apps such as "USB Loader", "WiiMC" "Gecko" etc etc...
3.) Not really sure what you mean with this but if you mean as what are good apps to have, there's MANY. GBA Emulator, Triiforce(run VC/WiiWare games off of a virtual nand) etc...
4.) You burn the games using IMGBurn or any other burning software but, IMGBurn is easily the best becuase it's freeware.(Best to use a Harddrive though because the reading speed is much more faster than a burnt disc and it's always best to have more than 50 games on a single device.
5.) Forgot his name but you can easily find his guide stickied on the Wii forums. Think his name was... "xzero?" Lol

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
so there is no need to chip my wii ether?

Nope, not really. Unless you want to fork out some cash to get a chip which you may or may not use. Me personally and a lot of people think that hard drive loading is the best at the moment.

Edit: Oh yea. Since your getting your Wii now, it'll be one of the newer drives so that means, you won't be able to play GC games or burnt games on it anyways. I don't know if a chip would help. Wode can play GC games also.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm if I remember right you can downgrade your system to 4.2 again somehow, read a post before about it i think

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
with hard drive loading you mean i buy a usb hard disk and connect it to my wii?

EDIT: obs dual post, sorry

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Downgrading is dangerous and will not affect your drive in anyway. Your just downgrading the IOS' on your Wii, your not actually touching the drive.

Edit: And yes. Just get a hard drive and your set.

rookrook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chipping and softmoding is a matter of choice (mine being softmod).the giude to do this for firmwares upto and including 4.2 was the first post in this section the (modify any wii ),now ninty have brought out firmware 4.3 that method doesnt work for a wii on 4.3 (best not to update to 4.3 as it doesnt give you any real advantages).if by the chance your wii is 4.3 there is a method to softmod but its slightly harder and requires you have 1of 2 games indianna jones or super smash brothers brawl ),hope this helps and as Darkshadow said your best to get a usb hard drive to play your games from 250gb will hold over 200 games, hope this helps

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
have to hope on that the wii have been stored in their stock for a while
tongue.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's better to use a hdd/usb to load games anyway, and that way you won't need to stock up on disks, just buy a hdd/usb and you can store all your games on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...