Getting a Wii back to factory settings

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by smb3master, Nov 19, 2012.

1. smb3master
    OP

smb3master Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2012
    United States
    Snake Way
    Hello guys, I've recently been wondering how to/if it's safe to turn my Wii into a Factory/almost factory Wii.

Currently I have the newest Homebrew Channel, Priiloader (don't know the version), a 4.1u menu (I downgraded to it from 4.3u), and I also have the WiiMC channel, and I'm getting tired of the Homebrew scene, so I want to return my Wii to normal (or as close as I can), how would I go about deleting all of this stuff, so I can safely Format my Wii, and update to the latest system menu (4.3u).

EDIT: Another reason I wan't to do this, is so I can safely transfer my Wii junk to the WiiU without bricking my Wii.

2. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Yes, I updated my wii from 4.2e to 4.3e and it just removed the hbc. Then i wiped my wii using the 4.3e wii menu. Nothing bricked, just everything was restored to normal. From there i hacked my wii again :D (i got too much time...).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice