Getting a v1.0 OG Xbox. Need some info!

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a v1.0 OG Xbox and I plan to TSOP flash it. My question is, what bios should I flash it with and what makes it better than any other bios out there? So far, I think I want to go with Xecuter bios, but I'm not sure( I know it also depends on my TSOP chip, but I just want to decide before it arrives just in case). Thanks in advance for any advice.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a v1.0 OG Xbox and I plan to TSOP flash it. My question is, what bios should I flash it with and what makes it better than any other bios out there? So far, I think I want to go with Xecuter bios, but I'm not sure( I know it also depends on my TSOP chip, but I just want to decide before it arrives just in case). Thanks in advance for any advice.

Flash X2-5035 since you have a 1.0 that can fit it.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
More importantly, check the super capacitor as those are known to be a bad component on <=1.5 consoles and are advised to be removed/replaced.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More importantly, check the super capacitor as those are known to be a bad component on <=1.5 consoles and are advised to be removed/replaced.
I also planned to remove the clock capacitor too. @driverdis What makes the X2-5035(the Xecuter bios, I assume) better than any other bios? Does it have more/better features?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also planned to remove the clock capacitor too. @driverdis What makes the X2-5035(the Xecuter bios, I assume) better than any other bios? Does it have more/better features?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it is pretty much a wash, iND 5004 does pretty much everything people need and it is only 256k. The X2-5035 is 512k so it will only fit on 1.0 consoles, so might as well use the X2-5035 since it will fit.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aladdin-XT...728960?hash=item33d8ecca00:g:1YUAAOSwCJxZ5zwQ

I have an OG Xbox and am considering getting this, just posting it if the OP wants a cheap easy mod chip thingy.
I'd prefer the TSOP method. I've considered this modchip if I can only find a v1.6 or I fuck up during flashing(I'm confident I can do this just fine, though). What about X3 bios? How would I go about flashing that one, as I can't seem to find a tutorial on that one anywhere(It seems like it has a lot more features than X2)

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer the TSOP method. I've considered this modchip if I can only find a v1.6 or I fuck up during flashing(I'm confident I can do this just fine, though). What about X3 bios? How would I go about flashing that one, as I can't seem to find a tutorial on that one anywhere(It seems like it has a lot more features than X2)

http://x3.bustedchain.com/installation.html

This probably has some information on it?

But I think once you get your Xbox modded in anyway I think you can just download a disk from the internet somewhere with the BIOS's for what ever chip or mod you have installed or just modded BIOS file.

I am not an Xbox expert by any means, I just happened to stumble on a video on youtube about that chip I linked and thought it looked super easy to install and set up.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Aladin+XT was one of these video's lol

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://x3.bustedchain.com/installation.html

This probably has some information on it?

But I think once you get your Xbox modded in anyway I think you can just download a disk from the internet somewhere with the BIOS's for what ever chip or mod you have installed or just modded BIOS file.

I am not an Xbox expert by any means, I just happened to stumble on a video on youtube about that chip I linked and thought it looked super easy to install and set up.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Aladin+XT was one of these video's lol
And it can be done without the X3 modchip, right? I originally wanted one of those, but they are impossible to find these days and if you somehow do manage to find one, they are outrageously priced(only one I found was on eBay for 400USD, an absurdly insane amount). If I can just TSOP that bios, that might open they way to later modification like LCD support in the future. Seems possible with the link you posted if I flash from the hdd or disc, maybe?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it can be done without the X3 modchip, right? I originally wanted one of those, but they are impossible to find these days and if you somehow do manage to find one, they are outrageously priced(only one I found was on eBay for 400USD, an absurdly insane amount). If I can just TSOP that bios, that might open they way to later modification like LCD support in the future. Seems possible with the link you posted if I flash from the hdd or disc, maybe?

yeah I think you can just TSOP flash or do a soft mod or that chip I linked would make things more easier.

http://xbmcxbox.bigcartel.com/product/xbox-softmod-kit-includes-usb-memory-card-splinter-cell

Something else to consider but 60 bucks.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I think you can just TSOP flash or do a soft mod or that chip I linked would make things more easier.

http://xbmcxbox.bigcartel.com/product/xbox-softmod-kit-includes-usb-memory-card-splinter-cell

Something else to consider but 60 bucks.
I already have the stuff to softmod(Splinter Cell, Xbox to Female USB, and my PSP w/ 1GB pro duo is what I'm gonna use for itand I already had most of that stuff beforehand and paid far less for what I still needed). Softmod is required for TSOP flashing anyways. I'm just trying to figure out how to flash the X3 3294 bios to the TSOP, probably from the hdd.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have the stuff to softmod(Splinter Cell, Xbox to Female USB, and my PSP w/ 1GB pro duo is what I'm gonna use for itand I already had most of that stuff beforehand and paid far less for what I still needed). Softmod is required for TSOP flashing anyways. I'm just trying to figure out how to flash the X3 3294 bios to the TSOP, probably from the hdd.

Here is a tutorial on it will explain it I think.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a tutorial on it will explain it I think.

I already know how to softmod it. I actually first learned it from Mr.Mario's video there lol. TSOP flashing is completely different as it changes your bios on your TSOP chip, but also requires the softmod to be done first. Softmodding one of these things is child's play. I want to replace the Xbox's stock bios with a custom one(preferably the Xecuter one, but I'm trying to research the pros and cons of the bios' before coming to a definitive conclusion. So far, X3 3294 is looking really good to me, as long as it doesn't require the X3 chip and can be flashed to the TSOP, otherwise I'm stuck with X2 5035, if I continue to pursue Xecuter, which has less features than X3)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Why exactly do you want to TSOP?

Afaik the only real benefit over hdd based softmod is that you dont need to lock the hdd.

Blaze Uchiha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why exactly do you want to TSOP?

Afaik the only real benefit over hdd based softmod is that you dont need to lock the hdd.
That's exactly why. I want to eventually upgrade my hdd and the softmod method seems really annoying, having to unlock and unlock it and all that jazz. Seems easy enough to do, so why not?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo