Getting A DSi XL Today?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by rockstar99, Mar 28, 2010.

1. rockstar99
    OP

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    With all the news on the 3DS how many of you are picking up a DSi XL on launch today?

2. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Nope. I don't want one and my ds phat still lives. [​IMG] I want a DSi.

3. rockstar99
    OP

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Your DS Phat is not dying on purpose because it doesnt want you to get a DSi [​IMG]
    You must kill it [​IMG]

4. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    [​IMG] No.

If you see my ds phat it pretty much has only small scratches on it. Oh and the back where the serial should be is all white.

5. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    No I'm waiting for 3ds , but I have a thread like this already see here.

6. BlackDave

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    I got a chrome DSi I see no point in getting the XL after the pain in the ass it was to change cases.

Now when I take my DSi out, people go: "I've never seen a Silver DSi! Where did you get it!!"

[​IMG]

7. DreamTrooper

DreamTrooper Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2010
    Canada
    Then you say "Left my DSi out while painting my rims chrome" lol [​IMG]

8. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Yes I'm getting one today.
    I preordered it last week before the announcement of the 3DS, but I don't care.
    I'll still get it and I'm still very excited. I never purchased a DSi, I currently have a 2 DSL and anyway I had to buy a third one because one is broken beyond repair and my brother also need one. Since I already decided to get a new one I was thinking of getting a DSi until I heard of the XL and I waited a few more months because I think I' m gonna like the bigger screen.
    I will get a 3DS for sure when it comes out , but that's irrelevant and has nothing to do with getting an XL today.
    It was already hard to wait 2 month for it..imagine what is gonna be like to wait one more year at least.....no I 'm getting an XL today and I won't regret it.

9. Lakerfanalways

Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    I already pre ordered mine from amazon.com today..when people here get it tomorrow, let me know if its really heavy..I cant wait to get it, I only own a DS Lite so Ive never had a DSi, so for me jumping from a ds lite to a dsi xl is I think a good decision..next year when the other system comes out, I will see if its worth getting..I am only getting a dsi xl because of the larger screen plus I can use my acekard 2i, otherwise I would not get it

10. joe_gamer

joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2007
    United States
    yup, I'm getting one too. Prob within a week or so....to replace my DSL.

11. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    I'm really scratching my head over the very early announcement of the 3DS. I understand the target demographic of the DSiXL were older folks, and to buy it as a "portable console" for families, but it sure seems like they are going to cannibalize the sales of the XL with the 3d announcement.

12. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    lol wut, launch in Europe was two weeks ago [​IMG]

I want one (mainly for stuff like KORG), but I don't have any money left...

13. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Mar 27, 2009
    Estonia
    Your mamas house
    Just got mine, WOW nice big screen, the guy at the store said he had only 4 pre-ordered.

14. Lakerfanalways

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    Is it really heavy, compared to the ds lite??

15. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    got one coming from FS on pre-order - will get a 3ds as well, but i think it will be a year+ before that hits stores. I only really play my DS in bed so size and weight is not a concern.

16. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Already have one. I'm currently charging it to prolong the battery life (haven't powered it on yet).

17. Lakerfanalways

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    Is it really heavy or pretty decent..compared to the ds lite since Ive never had a dsi..I cant wait to get mine, its being delivered on wednesday, amazon doesnt charge sales tax so I am saving some money

18. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    It's comparable to a PSP 1000. Only difference is the weight is balanced differently (because the DSi XL has 2 halves).

19. Lakerfanalways

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    Ok, that doesn't sound too bad..not bad at all..I have a PSP so now I understand..as far as going online with it, I have a wireless router, is it pretty simple to connect to the internet wirelessly with it?

20. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Just googled it, the DSi XL is 34g (about 1.2oz) heavier than the PSP1000. It doesn't make a difference though.

And while the XL supports WPA, you can only game if you're using WEP or a Nintendo Wi-fi adapter.