Hacking Getting a DS Game onto a 3DS (From an Off-Brand Cartridge)

Big-Bob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS game cartridge I bought off Amazon that contains 208 games. I want to play one of the games on there, keeping the same save file.

In the GAMECART () thing in GodMode9, it has five different files: a .nds, a .nds.enc, a .trim.nds (all three of these files seem basically identical), a .sav, and a .txt. I have seen a few videos on how to import NDS games from their cartridges, and I'm pretty sure there should just be a .trim.nds, a .nds, and a .sav.

I copied all the files from GAMECART () (except the .txt) and tried the NDS Forwarder Generator on the .nds and .trim.nds. When I open the game, it shows a white screen for a while, then goes to a red error screen that says "Error: Data Abort!".

Does anyone know why this is, and/or how to get the game(s) onto my 2DS?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a DS game cartridge I bought off Amazon that contains 208 games. I want to play one of the games on there, keeping the same save file.

In the GAMECART () thing in GodMode9, it has five different files: a .nds, a .nds.enc, a .trim.nds (all three of these files seem basically identical), a .sav, and a .txt. I have seen a few videos on how to import NDS games from their cartridges, and I'm pretty sure there should just be a .trim.nds, a .nds, and a .sav.

I copied all the files from GAMECART () (except the .txt) and tried the NDS Forwarder Generator on the .nds and .trim.nds. When I open the game, it shows a white screen for a while, then goes to a red error screen that says "Error: Data Abort!".

Does anyone know why this is, and/or how to get the game(s) onto my 2DS?
The games are stored onto a microSD, what you bought is an Ace3DS+ clone flashcart. First, you need to install TWiLightMenu++ then copy the ROMs from the flashcard onto your console's SD card.

Big-Bob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel kind of dumb for this, but...

I can't figure out how to get any of the nds files from the game cartridge to the SD card. Can anyone tell me how?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: sorry didn’t see u were using a 3ds til after. Thought u had just a nds

maybe open the game cart to get to micro sd card. Usually with flash carts there’s a spring loaded slot on the side. But with those carts they may just put a hard shell case with no way to take out micro sd unless split cart open. If it doesn’t have a micro sd card in it and it’s on a flash chip or something then you could use a slot 2 flashcart that goes in gba slot and run a dumper app to dump the nds cart to slot 2 flash cart

Big-Bob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the micro SD now! I can't believe I never noticed this. Although, I don't think I have anything I can put the Micro SD card into to put it onto my 2DS SD Card. I could probably just get a micro SD to SD adapter from Amazon, though.

Reactions: retrospect

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I see the micro SD now! I can't believe I never noticed this. Although, I don't think I have anything I can put the Micro SD card into to put it onto my 2DS SD Card. I could probably just get a micro SD to SD adapter from Amazon, though.
Well you could use the adapter on a pc and copy the game you want, so to also have it as backup on the pc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You will want to use a PC to copy the files from one card to the other. Your 2DS SD card already has your save data, installed titles and such on it which you probably want to keep, and you can't move data from one card to another using only the 2DS.

Most laptops have a SD reader built in, if you need a MicroSD to SD adapter ask around as chances are someone you know has at least one laying around if not several (since they usually come free with MicroSD cards)

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely back-up that save you want to keep. Any reason not to stick a copy on a cloud drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto