Hacking Get back my save files from previous nand

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,
I used my 3ds with gateway and dual nand So when i booted i've already got legit cia.
Then i used plailect on github to get arm9 cfw.
But forgot to dump my saves !!!!
But i have copy Of all the nand (original, emu, top....) and my sdcard with the saves on it.
Is there a simple way to get back these saves (linked to a previous nand) to my actual cfw ?
No tools to decrypt without re-installing nand ? Like prev nand + prev saves + actual nand = actual sAves ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why not create an emuNAND on another SD card and restore your old NAND to it. Add the Nintendo 3ds folder, the .sav files and the a9lh files. Set Luma config to boot the emuNAND. Then you can access the saves, and can use JKSM to extract them.

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not create an emuNAND on another SD card and restore your old NAND to it. Add the Nintendo 3ds folder, the .sav files and the a9lh files. Set Luma config to boot the emuNAND. Then you can access the saves, and can use JKSM to extract them.

Thank you aussie !
But if you can help me a little more....
1) how to create an emunand on an other sd Card ?
2) how to restore my old nand ? Will i get back all my cias ?
3) what are the a9hl files ?
4) how to set luma config ?
Ok, ok you surely noticed that i'm a complete newbbie.... Sorry in advance
And could you de scribe the process in details please. It would be So kind Of you
The froggie

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you aussie !
But if you can help me a little more....
1) how to create an emunand on an other sd Card ?
2) how to restore my old nand ? Will i get back all my cias ?
3) what are the a9hl files ?
4) how to set luma config ?
Ok, ok you surely noticed that i'm a complete newbbie.... Sorry in advance
And could you de scribe the process in details please. It would be So kind Of you
The froggie
Is the NAND with all your games already an emuNAND? In that case, copy the arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder with its contents onto that SD card (and put JKSM in the 3ds folder). Hold Select when you boot and change the config to be related to emuNAND (eg untick updated sysNAND and do tick boot emuNAND). You should see all your games. You can then use JKSM from the homebrew launcher to backup the saves of your cia games.
To backup the saves of your gateway games, you will need to follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ and boot up gateway mode, have the game you want to backup in the cartridge slot (ie select it in the rom menu) then go to JKSM and choose to backup save from cartridge.
Sorry I hadn't thought about it fully when I replied before!

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be clear, i've posted this months ago (perhaps my explanations are more clear...)

Ok, my son wants his save back (because i get married & have kids in the game and so on...)

I have used the arm9loaderhx github process to install cfw luma...
Before i was in dual sysnand/emunand gateway. Tomodachi was a legit cia installed in my 4.4 sysnand. I.e. when i booted in 4.4 all the legit cia was accessible and i was able to play the game without gateway.

- I have my old sysnand.bin, old emunand.bin & otp.bin
- I have a copy of my previous SDcard (gateway) where the saves are encrypted
- I think i found the location (folder linked to my 4.4 sysnand) : d44ffaa929ed90643a4276aba6aa2e05/86df00c83110b02a3030303000284245/exdata/00000000/000008c4/00000000/ where i have 5 files from 00000001 to 00000005 with no extension.
Is it possible with luma to boot in my old sysnand (as emunand), getting my saves, delete sysnand, boot in cfw sysnand arm9 ?
Can i get a tuto please ?

At the time you post this answer :
Make backup of SD contents and add your emuNAND.bin that was the NAND that contained the save. Boot into emunand9. Create emuNAND. Restore the emuNAND.bin to emuNAND (can't remember if you have to be on Decrypt9 or you can do it in emuNAND9). Copy on SD card contents from before when you were on the NAND with the save (plus arm9loaderhax.bin and the luma folder with payloads). Hold select when you boot up and select options that will make you boot into emuNAND (I think unchecking updated sysNAND) then you can boot into emuNAND and use JKSM to backup your save.
But the legit .cia was installed in 4.4 sysnand ? (because i have it on screen as soon as i boot 3ds) and you told me about your emunand.bin.... don't understand

edit : i don't have a copy of my original sdcard, just the tomodachi save files in a "000008c4" dir, so i think i can't do anything
edit2 : it's frustrating to know that i have the encrypted save files, the nand and that there is no tool to convert to a arm9 compatible save.....

Last edited by barak06,

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On your 3DS SD card, (the one you are currently using in your A9LH 3DS right now) do you have a folder named "d44ffaa929ed90643a4276aba6aa2e05" in the Nintendo 3DS folder?
If you ran the game on SysNAND before and you restored your original SYSNAND after installing A9LH, the encryption key should remain the same
(provided you haven't done a system format after restoring your original SYSNAND)
*if* the encryption keys are the same, you should be able to copy the saves back to the proper place on your 3DS SD card and they should load.

1. Install the "Tomodachi Life" CIA file to your 3DS and start the game, let it make new save data. (You need to install the EUR version, if you have it already installed, skip this step)
2. Take the SD card and put it in a card reader (or connect to your 3DS over wifi)
3. Open the Nintendo 3DS folder, then open the d44ffaa929ed90643a4276aba6aa2e05 folder, then open the next folder. (The folder name changes depending on your SD card)
4. Open the extdata folder, open the 00000000 folder, paste your savegame folder "000008c4" and overwrite all files.
5. Put the SD card back into your 3DS.
(I'm not sure if Tomodachi Life uses 'Secure Values' in its save, but best to do this just in case edit: yes, it seems it does use secure values in its save, so do these steps below as well)
6. Open FBI, go to 'Titles' and press 'A', find 'Tomodachi Life' in your games list, select it and press 'A'
7. On the menu, select 'Delete Secure Value' and press A.
8. Exit FBI, start 'Tomodachi Life' and hopefully your save data should be there.

Last edited by c4388354,

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On your 3DS SD card, (the one you are currently using in your A9LH 3DS right now) do you have a folder named "d44ffaa929ed90643a4276aba6aa2e05" in the Nintendo 3DS folder?
yes :
48db4dc7f681c20123def0fe55edde9d
d44ffaa929ed90643a4276aba6aa2e05
f7c4b2a0a12384479cc83e28a1b755bf

If you ran the game on SysNAND before and you restored your original SYSNAND after installing A9LH, the encryption key should remain the same
(provided you haven't done a system format after restoring your original SYSNAND)
Don't know, I used plailect guide to install a9hl...

8. Exit FBI, start 'Tomodachi Life' and hopefully your save data should be there.
Don't work...

Ok So how i restore my original sysnand ? And what for after ?
When i put my save in d44.... (Sysnand) i don't see it because When i boot my 3ds, i'm on arm9 luma cfw emunand 48.... Or f7..... Don't you think ?
Thanks

Last edited by barak06,

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so it looks like the encryption keys have changed since you've done a system format.
first you will need an empty / blank SD card that is 4gb or bigger.

1. Insert your current 3DS SD card into your computer, copy these files to a folder: 'luma' (folder) and 'arm9loaderhax.bin'
2. Insert your blank SD card into your computer using a card reader. Copy the 'luma' (folder) and 'arm9loaderhax.bin' to this SD card.
3. Download EmuNAND9 - (Main Topic here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/)
Download version '20160812' from: https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases
Also download Decrypt9WIP if you don't have it: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/
Get the 'Decrypt9WIP.bin' copy it to your luma payloads folder and name it "up_Decrypt9.bin"
Get the EMUNAND9.bin file from the zip, copy it into the 'SD:\luma\payloads\' folder and rename it to 'down_emunand9.bin'
4. Copy EVERYTHING on this new SD card to a folder on your computer the SD card will be formatted in the next step.
5. Take out your SD card, put it in your 3DS, hold the 'down' button on the d-pad and turn on the 3DS, you should boot into Emunand9.
6. choose 'SD Format Options', select 'Format SD (EMUNAND Default)
7. This will format your SD card with an EmuNAND partition, once done, press 'Select' to unmount your SD.
8. insert your SD into your computer, copy the sysnand.bin file to the SD card.
9. Choose 'EmuNAND Manager Options', select 'restore file to 'RedNAND'
10. Select your 'sysnand.bin' file and restore it to your EmuNAND, once done shutdown your 3DS with 'dpad-left + start button'
11. Put the SD card back into your computer, re-copy the 'luma' folder and the 'arm9loaderhax.bin' files to the SD card and reinsert the SD card into your 3DS.
12. Hold the 'R' trigger button while you turn on your 3DS, it should boot Luma 3DS and start your Emunand (which is your old sysnand).
(If it doesn't boot, hold select to access Luma3DS config, untick 'autoboot sysnand' and untick 'sysnand is updated' then try booting luma normally)

Now you have an emunand, does it have FBI (or another CIA installer) installed to it? (I'll guess no, as it was your old sysNAND)
if not, you'll need to inject FBI into health and safety app.:
1. Download: UniversalInjectGen_v0.3.zip from this post below:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/project-...-health-and-safety.401697/page-4#post-5785378
you'll also need the CIA of FBI from: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases/
2. Start Decrypt9, choose EmuNAND options, choose 'Miscellaneous...' then 'Health and Safety Dump'
3. Dump to the filename hs.app then press 'Select' to unmount the SD card,. put the SD card back into your computer.
4. Extract 'UniversalInjectGen_v0.3.zip', copy the hs.app from your SD card and your downloaded FBI.cia to the 'input' folder
5. Double click go.bat, once done, copy 'FBI_inject_with_banner.app' to your SD card.
6. copy the CIA of 'Tomodachi Life' and the CIA of JKSM (JK's Save Manage) to your SD card.
You can get 'JKSM from here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
The download link is in the spoilers under the QR Codes/DL Links.

Make sure you have at least 512 megabytes of free space on your SD card, if you need some space, you can
remove the sysnand.bin if its still on the SD card, its already been restored, so you don't need it anymore.

7. Insert your SD card back into your 3DS, press 'B' to remount the SD card.
8. in Decrypt9, Choose 'EmuNAND options, then 'Miscellaneous...' then 'Health and Safety Inject'
9. select the 'FBI_inject_with_banner.app' and inject it into your EmuNAND.
10. press 'start' to reboot your 3DS and boot into emunand.

Now you have FBI setup on your emuNAND.
Now to install and get your save data.

1. Start Health and Safety (Which should be FBI instead)
2. Install your 'Tomodachi Life' CIA using FBI.
3. you will also need to install JKSV (JK's save Manager).
4. Once they are both installed, start 'Tomodachi life' and let it make savedata.
5. Shutdown your 3DS and take out the SD card.
6. Copy the 'Tomodachi Life' save data folder (00008c400) to your SD:\<id0>\<id1>\extdata\00000000\
7. Start FBI, go to Titles, find 'Tomodachi Life', select it, and delete the secure value.
8. start 'Tomodachi Life' game, hopefully your saves are still there.
9. if so, start JKSV,from the main menu, select 'SD/CIA' then select 'Tomodachi Life' then choose 'Export ExtData'
10. Decrypted saves will be exported to SD:\JKSV\ExtData\

11. Insert your SD back into your computer, copy the decrypted save folder to somewhere safe.
12. you can now switch back to your current SD card that boots sysnand, copy the Decrypted saves back to JKSV\ExtData folder.
13. Insert the original SD card that boots sysnand, start JKSV and select SD/CIA, select 'Tomodachi Life' then import ExtData.
14. Start the game and check that your saves are there, if so, shutdown your 3DS.

15. insert the SD with the EmuNAND partition on it and start EmuNAND9 (hold 'down' on the d-pad on boot)
16. choose SD Format options, choose 'Format SD (No EmuNAND) to remove the EmuNAND partition
17. let it format, hold 'left' on the d-pad and press 'Start' to poweroff.
18. Swap the SD card to the one you use to boot luma and sysNAND.
19. phew.. all done.. (hopefully it all worked and you have your saves back) :)

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
7. This will format your SD card with an EmuNAND partition, once done, press 'Select' to unmount your SD.
after this the name of my sdcard is "EMUNAND9SD" and have an empty 'file9' folder in it, normal ?
10. Select your 'sysnand.bin' file and restore it to your EmuNAND

Last edited by barak06,

c4388354

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the SD card gets fully erased after formatting it for EmuNAND.
It looks like the new version of EmuNAND9 looks for the backups in the files9 folder, try placing your sysnand.bin in the files9 folder.
if that doesn't work, try restoring the EmuNAND using Decrypt9 instead (Decrypt9, EmuNAND options, EmuNAND backup/restore, NAND restore)
(I don't have my 3DS with me at the moment, but you want to somehow restore your original sysnand.bin to the emunand partition on your SD card.)

barak06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything's find till...
4. Once they are both installed, start 'Tomodachi life' and let it make savedata.
tomodachi is installed on the board, i unwrap it and then nothing, just the 3DS logo running.
I tried with 3 differents EUR cia, same result...
What do you think is wrong ? Is it because i'm on emu 4.4 ?
I tried pilotwing, work fine. My tomodachi .cia are bad ?

Last edited by barak06,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-