SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a reasonable collection of music on my phone (well, only about 50 albums, but still more than I want to get art for manually), and I would like to get album art for all the music on it, and store the album art within the tracks. I only realised my phone supported this when I downloaded some music from Amazon MP3. But now I'd like it on all my music, and wouldn't like to have to do it all manually. Is there a program that will do it for me?

I tried one program (AlbumArtDownloader), but it only downloaded the images to within the folder of each album, rather than putting it in the actual music files.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use mp3 tag to embed the album art manually: http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

As for download the album art, I really haven't found anything that gets it in the size that I want. I sometimes use amazon or itunes website to download a nice sized album art if there is one available. If it is a good bootleg download album, it will usually have a hi res album art with the tracks, you might have to manually embed the picture.

Most MTP based players normally only support upto 500x500 album art embedded, anything higher has to be in the album art file instead. Apple can support any sized jpg embedded.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I have a reasonable collection of music on my phone (well, only about 50 albums, but still more than I want to get art for manually), and I would like to get album art for all the music on it, and store the album art within the tracks. I only realised my phone supported this when I downloaded some music from Amazon MP3. But now I'd like it on all my music, and wouldn't like to have to do it all manually. Is there a program that will do it for me?

I tried one program (AlbumArtDownloader), but it only downloaded the images to within the folder of each album, rather than putting it in the actual music files.

If Itunes is recognizing those album covers but they just aren't showing up on your phone then try highlighting the songs in itunes and right clicking and selecting convert ID3 tags. It should recode the songs to include the artwork... Try it on just a few first to see if it works for your phone. I used a different program to get my album art. I believe I used "fetch art" but I think it's mac only... Also remember that if you do it automatically with any program there's going to be some margin of error where it may grab the wrong album cover.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried SongBird, and it seems to have worked fantastically, but there is one problem: Most of the music on my phone was ripped from CDs using iTunes, and so is in the AAC format (.m4a files). And SongBird apparently doesn't support those
frown.gif

So I have a further request: Is there any way to make SongBird work with these files, or else is there some software out there which can automatically convert my large collection of AAC tracks to MP3? Either option is fine by me.

Thanks again. And I am liking SongBird, seems like a fairly decent music management tool.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SifJar said:
So I have a further request: Is there any way to make SongBird work with these files, or else is there some software out there which can automatically convert my large collection of AAC tracks to MP3? Either option is fine by me.
If I remember things right the QuickTime Playback plugin should allow you to play unprotected AAC files (m4a).

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Converting from lossy to lossy is bad. Unless you want your ears raped by horrible SQ, rerip as mp3.

Also, second result.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I installed that plugin (which was the same thing you both linked to), and it doesn't seem to have helped. Unless I am not using it right, it is not working. The rest of my music still does not show up (some of it is in MP3 format, which does show up). I only see 97 tracks in SongBird, but I have several hundred on the phone. Is there something special I must do, or should the extra tracks show up automatically?

EDIT: I may have got it to work now, by dragging the folder containing all my music onto the SongBird window. Not completely sure, but it seems to be working.

EDIT: SongBird seems to have suceeded in getting most of the album art. Some is missing or incorrect, but it should be a much smaller job now to manually fix up the library. Thanks to jelmew for suggesting SongBird.

Only problem is it is very slow on my reasonably old laptop. I'll try it on my slightly faster desktop, see if it can handle it a little better, as currently doing things manually would be very painstaking.

EDIT: Darn. Turns out SongBird has corrupted every single track I had on my phone. And I deleted them from all the other places I had them. Looks like my day off on Monday will be spent ripping CDs (to MP3 this time).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.