• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

German quarantine breakers to be held in refugee camps, detention centers

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Don´t worry, the YMCA will take good care of you!:creep:
https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3086491/
Oh boy...
Now we got the South Africa virus strain in Austria, thanks to some tourists in Tyrol.

.....and I made a Joke about the "Danish Mutation" for Easter last Week. laughing.gif

D

Deleted User

That has zero relevance to what they just said lol
Highly intelligent post from someone who can't comprehend that the deleted posts contain the context.

Could it be that I - someone who is part German - have some observations about German people?

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
funny to see such a strange post from a guy who lives in country which has countless secret military prisons all over the world. doesn't care about other countries interests and also imprisons lot of its own population for minor offences (and have private/cooperate run prisons).

Let you tell from someone who was already caught violating the quarantine rules, you would have to regularly break the lockdown regulation (which costs quite a heavy fine btw) to be even considered to be detained like this.
Also you can be imprisoned in germany if you e.g. consistently ride the train or subway without ticket.

You know In germany you can be imprisoned for simply doing the nazi salute in public

That or you'll get your ass kicked, probably both

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You know In germany you can be imprisoned for simply doing the nazi salute in public

That or you'll get your ass kicked, probably both
Did you just suggest these people should be gased? ("Shower comment")

Also yes, doing the Nazi salut in public in those countries gets you into trouble, because of laws that are in place to prevent certain 'rites' to get traction again.

They/We (as nations) had a bunch of national pride, and resentment suffered attached to those kind of symbols, which after the war where 'shunned' and not publicly spoken about (social shunning, under risk of reprisal), which had a whole generation face what had been done in silence and suppressed anger.

So glorifying those symbols - lands with another sensibility as in 'Nazis are the bad guys - we saw it in Indie 1 and 3). Symbolism was so charged, you couldnt reframe it, so you had to forbid it.

Has nothing to do with the topic on hand. Has nothing to do with the 'german character' (this is the third racist trope that has been used in this thread), had to do with people strongly identifying with that symbolism as 'nationalistic' and 'history', and an atmosphere full of resentment, after they were shunned and had take reprisals for holding those 'believes' (during the war).

With every new generation less so - but, lets face it - another fashist revival out of germany wouldnt go over well internationally OR with people still living.

So while in Japan you have the wierdo outsider brigade of loners import memorabilia to seem 'edgy' (in a society, thats very nationalistic in their own right), in Germany the whole thing - has much more mainstream pull (or had for some years), to be 'edgy' or 'counterculture' - because it was a source of (missplaced) national pride for at least half of the population.

File it as another example of US (?) people being obsessed about this stuff more so than than actual germans (current generations). And giving it more credence and using it as an explanation, where no sane german (current generations) would.

Last edited by notimp,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you just suggest these people should be gased? ("Shower comment")

Also yes, doing the Nazi salut in public in those countries gets you into trouble, because of laws that are in place to prevent certain 'rites' to get traction again.

They/We (as nations) had a bunch of national pride, and resentment suffered attached to those kind of symbols, which after the war where 'shunned' and not publicly spoken about (social shunning, under risk of reprisal), which had a whole generation face what had been done in silence and suppressed anger.

So glorifying those symbols - lands with another sensibility as in 'Nazis are the bad guys - we saw it in Indie 1 and 3). Symbolism was so charged, you couldnt reframe it, so you had to forbid it.

Has nothing to do with the topic on hand. Has nothing to do with the 'german character' (this is the third racist trope that has been used in this thread), had to do with people strongly identifying with that symbolism as 'nationalistic' and 'history', and an atmosphere full of resentment, after they were shunned and had take reprisals for holding those 'believes' (during the war).

With every new generation less so - but, lets face it - another fashist revival out of germany wouldnt go over well internationally OR with people still living.

So while in Japan you have the wierdo outsider brigade of loners import memorabilia to seem 'edgy' (in a society, thats very nationalistic in their own right), in Germany the whole thing - has much more mainstream pull (or had for some years), to be 'edgy' or 'counterculture' - because it was a source of (missplaced) national pride for at least half of the population.

File it as another example of US (?) people being obsessed about this stuff more so than than actual germans (current generations). And giving it more credence and using it as an explanation, where no sane german (current generations) would.

One I'm half German, however I do live in the usa, it was a bit of satire, though Germans still generally don't take wwii satire well, because of obvious reasons

I know all about the german pov trust me I was educated on it

germany still does have issues with neo Nazis, just watched a documentary about Jamel and the NPD party, they don't hold any power however

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
One I'm half German, however I do live in the usa, it was a bit of satire, though Germans still generally don't take wwii satire well, because of obvious reasons

I know all about the german pov trust me I was educated on it

germany still does have issues with neo Nazis, just watched a documentary about Jamel and the NPD party, they don't hold any power however
If you are half german, careful with the gassing people in showers satire...

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are half german, careful with the gassing people in showers satire...

Starting to sound like my mother

Nazi satire is common in the english speaking world, do I believe all germans act like this, no I do have common sense

Screenshot_20210125-132438.png

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y